Dances

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimitchiz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been asked by a boy to go to his school dance with him, I think it is semi-formal.. Im pretty excited, and since Im homeschooled this is all new to me.

So do you guys go to school dances?

Any tips for me!?

Thanks!

I do go to the dances....

I just go with Amanda... I might ask out Michelangelo if I have the guts to. xDD

Ask him if it's formal... Trust me. You don't want to look like a goof in formal wear when everyone else is wearing cool clothes... I did that one dance, and I looked like a RETARD. xDD But then again, you don't want to wear reg. clothes when it's formal.

If he doesn't know, ask your mom if one day she can drive you by his school to ask the principal.

Tips.........

Er...I dun know. Sorry. ;_;

I go to the dances. Some advice is to make sure you know who's there, or try to meet new people and not be shy. It gets boring if you just stand around. Let the guy you're going with introduce you, and dance or something. Have fun. :)

I didn't go to my last dance, but I don't think it has changed since then, though.

Try to make sure your not scared to ask him to dance, because he feels just as shy as you, although he won't admit to it.

Also, dance with friends! They're probably the most fun to hang with ;)

We don't have many dances.

At the Junior High, they held a Winter Semi-Formal dance every year. I went to those. And in 8th grade I went to the Jeans-And-T-Shirt Farewell dance...

And I went to Homecoming this year. ;)

They are all a ton of fun. I've never been asked by a guy; I just go with my friends. Maybe next year I'll get asked to Homecoming. -fingers crossed-

I'm sure you'll have tons of fun. Just be yourself and enjoy the evening. ;)

I'm in 7th grade, and we don't have any dances until May. x.x

The 8th graders have them all year round though...

Nope. I would if I actually had dances again.

My new principal said that dances were a waste of time.

The only dance that's held now is the 8th grade graduation one.

I'm definitely going:)

But it might be taken away since a few guys decided to go down to the 6th graders' area and throw apples at the classroom doors.

Im only in 6th grade so we don't have school ''dances''. We have school discos though where you dont get asked out, you just go wit your friends and have fun. Ive been to a few, but not the last one.

Tips: Be yourself!! Dont go out there feeling all shy and being some other person. Do whatever you feel like and dont worry whos watching. :lol:

I go to the dances! :)

They are awesome - although we NEED to have a DJ, not just some stereo blaster thing.

Still, it's a chance to dress up and dance! :D

In your situation, firstly just ask him if it's formal or casual, and although you'll miss out on dancing with friends (being homeschooled) let your guy introduce you to everyone. Chances are you could be the centre of attention, so make sure you make a great first impression and meet tons of nice new people! Most importantly - have fun!!

- bratztroxg

Warning if its not a semi-formal one and the lights are dimmed as they go -

Guys like to get touchy feely. I've found out :)
O______O

Thats horrible. Dx

Bratzroxg:

We have a HORRIBLE DJ. His name is DJ Harvey, his this BIG HUGE dude who only has rap on his iPod/MP3! D:< I asked him if he had "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you by Black Kids" and he didn't have it[And he also looked at me asif I was racist. xDD] I swear, having a stereo is BETTER than DJ Harvery! D:<

I went to the HomeComing dance.

My Friends and I ran around like idiots while older kids danced. Fun Fun xD

Tips: Iunno sorry D:

I went to the ones at my middle school. I haven't gone to one at my high school, though.

Things you need:

○ Find out if it's casual, semi or formal.

○ Make sure you have the right time. Also, figure out who is going to drive. It's usually better to drive together so you arrive at the same time then meet there. It makes it more difficult if you meet at the dance but it's possible, of course, if needed.

○ Find a comfortable dress and shoes! Don't go all out money wise on what you are going to wear. You might only wear this dress a couple of times so no need to pay a lot of money on it. Find something cute, comfortable and make sure it will STAY ON when dancing. That's a big must! Find shoes that are comfortable but look cute as well. For the big 8th grade winter dance I brought my fancier shoes but then I brought my casual ones that I switched into a while later when the fancy ones got annoying. After a while, no one cares what shoes you have on.

○ Don't over do your make up. The last thing you want is all that running off your face because you've been dancing and running around.

○ Wear deodorant!! If you shave your legs normally, you'll probably want to shave, too.

When you get there:

○ If you have to meet your guy friend at the dance, if you arrive a few minutes before him you probably should just wait outside [unless you have to get tickets or something and that takes a while]. Again, plan this out before.

○ Stay away from the big griding circles. Don't grind - just.. just don't. Try to stay away from them, too, because you might get swept in and that's awkward.

○ If something happens and you feel violated in some way, don't put up with it. If dancing is making you feel uncomfortable just ask to either go somewhere else or just straight out say it. You probably won't run into this but just in case.

○ Bring some money. Sometimes they have concessions.

Sorry it's kind of long - I'm in a list making mood! :D

Just chillax and enjoy yourself. It'll be great!

○ Stay away from the big griding circles. Don't grind - just.. just don't. Try to stay away from them, too, because you might get swept in and that's awkward.
I think grinding is... fun. xP I guess it just depends on how bold you are. At Homecoming this year there was a train of people grinding. Like, 20 or so people. XD Of course I took part. -cough-

Great list btw, tw/p. ^_^

You are so right about the shoes especially. Don't worry about them. In all of my experiences at dances, nearly all the girls take off their shoes as soon as they get in. You know, just kind of toss them aside.

I've never had a problem with the makeup though. Just don't cake it on, as it's the lights are usually majorly dimmed and you can't see it much anyway.

At my Junior High School, the 7th grade Pre-Algebra teacher was the DJ for all the dances. XD He actually wasn't all that bad. But I remember when Soulja Boy was big, he refused to play it. D:< They were strict on what they did and did not play.

It seems to relax a lot more in high school though. We had a DJ, and he did a good job as well. He played Soulja Boy and I Kissed A Girl and basically whatever we wanted to hear. ;D

Just relax and enjoy the evening. There's no need to get caught up in drama or trying to impress a guy (If you're not going with a date) or anything like that.

And don't worry if you "don't know how to dance." Everyone does, espeically if you are in a big group of friends. Just kinda sway your hips. A lot of times the DJ will put the Electric Slide or something on at the beginning as an icebreaker. ;D

All I have to say is good luck and have fun with it! Keep it clean though :) lol all I say is good luck and I don't ever go because I have no one to date ( currently ) lol. Oh and why is this is Seriously Non Tamatalk?

Last edited by a moderator:
My school doesn't host any school dances but I'm pretty phobic of being squished up next to a whole bunch of people. I mean I need to breath eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back