Death

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midorime

Reaction score
I thought it'd be interesting to share views on what we think happens before, during, and after death. Your own personal views, doesn't have to be religious, can also be scientific, philosophical, whatever! What are your views on death and what happens afterwards? Are you afraid of it? Have you almost died?

I found an interesting article I wanted to share about near-death experiences: https://io9.com/a-new-scientific-explanation-for-near-death-experiences-1110395345

Try not to use this as a debate, it's more of a sharing place of your own views since, well, we're all alive and cannot say someone is wrong or not on what happens after a person dies.

Necrophobic...sort of...kind of... Afraid? No. Hate it? Yes. Because I keep thinking that it's horrible and tortuous. But it's supposedly natural. But that doesn't mean I don't detest it. I refuse to accept that it is normal. It can't be stopped, so I condemn nature instead. Sad but true. That's all I have to say. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It...intimidates me. If I live my life to the fullest, I will not fear death, but I still do not fully understand it. What DOES happen after death? I know it must be SOMETHING. I think some of us go to a different, far place (dimension), but others stay close to this dimension and sometimes cross into it as ghosts until they are ready to leave forever. I had a cat who WENT and after that, I still heard the steps of her paws and the jingling of her collar that I knew too well. Today, I haven't heard these sounds for ages but I still hope she is at piece. I'll miss you, my beloved kitty.

Well, I'm not scared of dying (as long as it isn't violently), but I am afraid of other people dying because I will miss them.

My own death, when it comes (hopefully I will be at least 108 years old) will be exciting in a way. I can't know what happens until then. It will be a new adventure that is a simple part of life. :)

As for the afterlife, I'm not sure, but whatever happens, it will be something amazing and unfathomable.

I believe(with Biblical basis, but I won't go into verses) that when we die we'll go into the underworld, which may be paradise for some and a prison for others.

It's like a temporary solution before the final judgment. There you'll meet everyone who's dead and be able to talk with them I guess. Then when God has ended the world, where the people who are dead have to wait for, the final judgement will "begin". Then God will decide who goes to the eternal place of punishment; Hell, and who will go to the eternal place of happiness; Heaven.

Whatever happens, it will be just. :)

Is that Biblical? Sounds just like Greek mythology. According to the myth, when a person dies, their soul travels to the Underworld, where they are either sent to the Elysian Fields (Paradise) or to Tartarus (Eternal Torment). It also speaks of the Asphodel Fields too, which is sort of a "limbo", but how interesting.

My own take on it? I have ideas, but I guess we'll find out when we die, won't we?

Ra,

Is that Biblical? Sounds just like Greek mythology. According to the myth, when a person dies, their soul travels to the Underworld, where they are either sent to the Elysian Fields (Paradise) or to Tartarus (Eternal Torment). It also speaks of the Asphodel Fields too, which is sort of a "limbo", but how interesting.

My own take on it? I have ideas, but I guess we'll find out when we die, won't we?

Ra,
Yes, it is. :) Here's an explanation page: https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/hell-sheol-hades-paradise-and-the-grave/

Ra,
The beliefs of many religions can have basis in other religions. ;)

Maybe this sounds weird, but I think death feels a bit like fainting. You just slip away and you're not really aware of anything untill you wake up again (which doesn't happen very often when people die of course).

I don't think I would go to some sort of underwold. I just think that my awareness disappears.

It may seem unbelievable though if you've never been unconscious.

I'm not afraid of dying if it's not painful.

I've nearly died everyday because there's no crossing at this busy roundabout I have to cross on my way to school. :p

I believe that what happens when you die is unexplainable and probably uncomprehendable, it could have some sort of afterlife or it could be a form of reincarnation that can't be explained with words.

I'll be honest, I'm afraid of dying. I just don't like not knowing what's eventually going to happen to each and every one us. I don't really have any beliefs or opinions on what happens when we die. I try not to think about it. I live for now, because who knows, I might get hit by a car tomorrow. When the time comes for me to die, that's the time I'll worry about it.

I"m not afraid of death,

I welcomed it with open arms once in my past I tried to kill myself over some terrible things that happened to me (no need for detail)

I'v also been in a coma.

I don't know what happens and I honestly can't say what I think happens as I still don't know myself.

When I was out it felt like nothing, I don't remeber anything, a lot of time passed and it felt like seconds to me, but hours for others.

I like the christianity take on it. I'd like to see lost family members again.

Im fine with whatever happens to me, good or bad.

I'm honestly not afraid of death. I mean, it's impossible to avoid it. I'm not sure what happens after death, though. I don't believe in Heaven or anything. It'll probabiy be nothingness. We won't be thinking, we won't be able to see or anything after death.

Fun fact, though. I actually had a dream where I died last night, and when I was dead, I could hear my thoughts but I couldn't see.. and then I woke up in real life. It was strange. Maybe that happens after death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back