Debugging A Tamagotchi V6/Music Star

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone occasionally post what we know so far? This is getting annoying...

Why do u debug it anyway? Theres almost no point...but people are right about the dots and the pencil...but i have 1 tip: When you debug, don't reset!

no you have to reset for it to work properly and there is a point cos theres also un raisable characters on it and we can debug if we want for the fact we will get things not normally gotten

sorry to double post but since the v5 needed a solder maybe you need to solder the componant i mentioned to a R12 jumper

I think that the 'debug' is referring to the small dots to the right of it. Maybe you have to connect all of these dots with something to actually debug it. I think... Know that bandai is trying to make it harder for us. If I hadn't promised not to even open up my new tamagotchis, I would probably try for myself if I had a soldering iron
I did it all myself then found this topic...and I can confirm it's not the dots, or anything near the word "DEBUG".

Why do u debug it anyway? Theres almost no point...but people are right about the dots and the pencil...but i have 1 tip: When you debug, don't reset!
When you debug a Tama you HAVE to reset it or you can't choose the character (main aim is to choose a rare character).

(Sorry for double-posting, I just can't use the MultiQuote function yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have come back from the DEAD!!!! woooooo!!! lol seriously, I decided to turn on my tama and visit here after 3 years. xD

Still no progress in figuring out how to debug? o_O WOW.

where my tamagotchi says debug there is a gigantic check mark or something above it i will try to post pics

However, I have opened up my black second wave music star to the screen side but sadly, there was no debug pad. There just sat the word debug. Plus, I ended up killing the sound wires on my music star. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont wanna take apart my tama bc i have dazzilitchi and 999 skill level in everything, so i lookes at the pictures and i noticed that on the front part of it (taken out) it says IC1. Aside that are 4 little dots right? so below that, are 4 more right? so the 2nd one of those lil dots (2nd group) is a little different from the others am I right or am I crazy? i see them all around like above the HUGE black thing and below the huge black thing also, and below the gold panel on your left is ANOTHER one! im no expert but i just wanna know if im crazy and seeing things... or you see them too?

OH! and also, could someone hold the debug letters, turn it around and see whats on the other side of it (like whats behind it)? this doesnt require any tools just the screwdriver you wont risk anything. Yeah.... im kinda weird XD :rolleyes: :huh: :eek: :p

Does this work on the tama-go? If it does, I'd try it but my mom would be angry especailly if I break it. :( They're not cheap. Thank you. If I ever get a music star, I'll try it. ;)

From what I can tell from the pictures here, you will need to connect pin 1 of IC2 (the top-left most leg of the chip on the battery side of the board) to one of two through-holes on the board under the ROHS stamp. If you count up 11 holes from the right side of the C17 pad, you'll hit a group of three holes that don't belong. The one you'll want to connect it to is PROBABLY the bottom-most one, but it could be the one on top instead.

Here's a little diagram to help explain, the red dots are the parts I'm talking about. But only connect ONE of the two dots on the left to the one on the right: https://img191.imageshack.us/i/pcbbackmusicstardebugma.jpg/

I don't have a V6 to test this on, but judging by the PCB, that looks like it'd do it.

Could someone give it a shot and see if either of those work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back