Debugging: Good or bad?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not AGAINST de-bugging, but I think that the fun of tamagotchis is waiting for them to evolve and finding out what they'll turn into...de-bugging takes away that fun.

If you want to, fine, but it's not always successful. ;) It can be a fun feature, but in my opinion, it takes away the surprise.

I'm going to try debugging my stupid V3. It's totally busted and keeps on saying 'Reset_param_0invalid' and doing nothing. I'm hoping it fixes my tama.
I've never tried it before but I think what it does is deactivates the 'Time_param' and 'series04_param' on your gotchi The number is different depending on your version. These are the different parameters that are used to control how the tamagotchi behaves. All versions (excluding V5) use the Same general behaviour as a baby with any gender.

When you've debugged it, it puts the 'Time_param' aside so when you push C it goes really fast.

I know this because I was talking to a geeky friend of mine who I gave my old tama. According to him it's using a dumbed down java based system similar to that on the digimon toys. I don't know how true this is, but he had my old V1 wired into this Bus something or other interface card. Now, I don't know how he knows this or anything.

I thought that was an interesting bit of info to share.

NKP
This does make sense.

By putting the so called 'Time_param' aside, you are getting rid of virtual time, allowing you to go through an entire

'generation' in minutes.

Anyway::

My view is, if you can fix it, go for it ;)

I am against it. I wouldn't dare risk breaking my tama. I've never tried it, for several reasons (1) its not smart (2) i don't want to (3) I would be grounded for life if i broke it :( :mellow: :eek: :D

Personally, I feel debugging should be used only for experimenting and research, e.g. making pixellations of debug tamas. It's fun, yes, but SHOULD BE USED ONLY FOR RESEARCH . Use a separate tama if you want to. I wanted to make a pixellation of the debug characters in v3 and bought a second one instead of ruining my current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back