Deka Tama

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesTama

Reaction score
Should I get a deka tama? What are your views an them? Are they fun? What version should i get?

Last edited by a moderator:
They're large. 11cm tall! If you want something portable (or something that you can play in public without looking... a bit silly) then it probably isn't the best thing. There's also the fact that they're in Japanese and there are no English patches or guides as far as I know, but I'm sure that there are translations to help online.

You can't raise an actual tama character - the Deka Tamas are to do with building up your house or becoming the best games-master. You can still play games and earn Gotchi points which you can transfer to some other older tamas (V3 and V4 are the ones that come to mind).

There are the Home Dekas and the Dekas only in stores (which obviously aren't the ones you want - for one thing, they're 30cm tall and have to be plugged into walls and they're also not available to buy). Of the Home Dekas there are two models I know of - their Japanese names are O-uchi no Deka Tamagotchi and O-uchi no Deka Tamagotchi Game O Kettesen. In the first you play games to earn points which you use to upgrade your house, from shack to palace. In the second you compete to play ten games - you have to play all ten in a row and succeed the first try. You can practice as many times as you like beforehand.

As to whether or not you would want one, there are a few things to consider:

- Do you mind it being in Japanese?

- Would you miss raising a Tamagotchi from egg-to-adult?

- Is portability an issue?

- Do you have other models that could take advantage of the Gotchi points earned (UraTama, EnTama, etc)?

And such.

Hope I was helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back