depression.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletetchiGirl101

Reaction score
ok so lately i've been depressed. its horrible. i talked to my parents about it. my mom thinks im tryin to get attention and my dad thinks theres just alot of drama at school.. he doesnt know half the stuff in my life. alot of nights i cry myself to sleep. i dont want to go to school cause school is suckish and its drama, drama, fights, drama, fights, etc. i dont ever want to wake up. we talked about bullying in health class and everyone says they dont bully but over half the class bullies me or someone else. i was like ur a freaking hypocrite. but whatever. i like to be alone. i dont like to go out anymore and do the things i used to love. ive been eating less. ive lost about 10 lbs this month. i cry alot. i almost cry alot in school. am i depressed? what should i do? thanks :)

are you 13 or younger? If so, you're probably not depressed, but there's always a chance. Your parents know you better than anyone online does, so there's also a chance that they're speaking the truth. Don't worry about drama and fights that occur in middle and high school, it's truly not important at all. It might seem so important now, but years later it will just seem silly. You don't have to be part of that drama. Not everyone is school is drama, I'm pretty sure. Alienate yourself from the people that cause the drama and you'll probably feel a lot better and more relieved, unless you're afraid of what other people think about who you hang out with, which is also silly. And when it comes to bullying, laugh it off, forget about, or stand up for yourself. But mostly, forget about it. Unless they're physically harming you or destroying your personal property, they're just making themselves look like douche-bags.

I'm sorry that you're going through a lot, but living life is mostly a frame of mind. I hope you feel better soon! <3

well, there's a good chance that you're not actually depressed, but you may be going through a depressing stage in your life. At times during middle and high school, drama can make things seem like the end of the world, but it's really not. Just go to your close friends for consolation when you need it.

Also, don't let bullies get to you. Always remember that the reason kids bully is because they are insecure about themselves, so they try to put others down to make themselves feel better. Don't ever take it personally.

Most importantly, make sure you're eating right because starving yourself will just make things worse. And when things get tough, it's okay to cry. Crying actually releases chemicals in your body that make you feel better. So when i feel depressed, i just cry and get over it eventually.

Good luck and I hope things get better for you! Life is full of ups and downs, and you may just be at a low point right now, it'll get better.

Ohmmygosh! I was EXACTLY like you a few months ago. I was going through a depressing stage in my life I guess (I'm only 13). I guess one day i finally realized that I had NOTHING to be sad about. It was the weirdest thing, everything just went clear and I' y old self now.

I wasn't really depressed, I was just kinda sad because life seemed so boring.

Trust me, everything goes through their little stages. It'll get better. You will be in my thoughts and prayers <3

Well, Im guessing that you're still young (ten, eleven?), so it's a good guess to say you're not actually depressed. I remember when I was that young, I was always really sad, it's just a phase.

If you are depressed, however, the first thing to do is to address the problem. Once you know what the problem is, you can more easily solve it. After this, you must find a way to make whatever is bothering you stop.

I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I also agree with the other that posted here. Don't worry, things will get better, maybe not soon, but sometime. Remember, keep smiling, but If you need to cry, just cry, it's a good way of letting go :)

I'm going through the same thing you are. What "The Butler" had said is true. But also, if you have reasons for your depression, then face them head on, keep your head high and do things you love to do. If you feel bad, it might also help calling Kids Helpline. Calling is always free and they've been helping me for quite awhile, although I have been diagnosed with depression :/ Talking to your parents more about it may also help, because the more you let them know that you're upset, the more they may listen and with persistence, they may end up helping you.

Sorry, I don't really know what to say. I really hope you feel better, because being in a state like this isn't very fun. I hope you get the help you need, and take the advice everyone has given you, it's great. :) Get better soon! You're in my thoughts.

Geez, that doesn't seem very fair of your mom to say that. :| At least your dad is more worried.

Well- have you tried talking to a school counselor, the principal maybe?

If there's a teacher you feel particularly close to, they're worth a shot. Maybe they'll be of more help than you imagine. =]

I don't think it's such a good idea for you to be skipping school though.

You're missing important work ! It's true that you could just borrow someone else's notes or something, but they'll never bother teaching you as well a second time ( if not, at all ).

I bet I would have preformed much better on my finals if only I didn't miss so much work. :l

I also don't think that it being "suckish" and having too much drama are valid reasons for skipping out.

Unless the drama actually involves you, what reason do you have for not going? School can actually be kinda fun once you know the right people for associating yourself with.

Just hang in there ! The bullies that made fun of you won't always be around- if not, it's about time they grew up and start focusing more on their own problems. ;]

Though if you're being miserable and acting mopey, it can have a DRASTIC effect on the people around you.

It's something that I keep failing NOT to do, and I end up being a huge jerk. \:

Say you act like a cow to your friends. They're probably not gonna be acting much nicer to you themselves.

If you cry in school / class, then you're more emotionally vulnerable, and you're an easy target for more bullying to come.

Act like all this drama doesn't bother you, and tell them to cheese off ( of course, a bit more politely, if you will xP ).

Overall, I really hope things will be better for you soon. Good luck. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back