Did lots of people have Tamagotchis when you were younger?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Lots of people had Tamagotchis over five years ago, I remember clearly... :)

Just going to the grocery store or the library I would see lots of kids playing with Tamagotchis XD

Here are some I remember

• A girl with a translucent pink Version 3
  • A girl with a wavy blue V3
  • A girl with a blue V4 with Mametchi on it (the same as my first Tamagotchi)
  • A girl with a pink Version 4 with stripes in different directions
  • A girl with an Earth V4.5
  • A girl with a green V4.5 that had autumn leaves on it
  • A girl with a yellow V5 (the one with Tama Pets on it)
  • A girl with a white V5 with houses on it
  • A girl with a light pink V5 (the one that says "love! my family")
  • A girl with a silver V5.5 that had sunglasses on it
  • A boy with a blue V5.5 that had black trees
  • A girl with a blue Tama-Go
  • A girl with a pink iD L
...and many more... :3

Lots of kids talked about Tamagotchis as well! :)

But, out of everyone, there was only ever one boy that had a Tamagotchi or talked about them. Okay, so maybe a few other boys talked about Tamagotchis, but only said how stupid they were.

No wonder Bandai made Tamagotchi more for girls, since the consumers tend to be mostly girls... :)

Eh, I read somewhere that in Japan girls were only a slight majority

I remember a lot of people carrying Tamagotchi, though. Sunday school was packed with LPS sets, as well as Tamagotchi toys. There were other brands, but these were less common.

Yep! In fact, I was the one that got the majority of my classmates hooked on them in my younger elementary days. :D

Yup in my school almost every boy had one, we used to spend the breaks connecting and marrying each other's Tamagotchis! While, girls played with their dolls and other silly girly stuff :p

One of my best memories is when I married my V2 to one of my friends for the first time, it was so cool we had twin babies! :D

No wonder how the TF's is not selling, since here only a 30% of the Tamagotchi buyers must have been females, Old fans that used to love tamagotchis when youger are extremely disappointed that Bandai completely ignores them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a pink V4 with stripes!! Maybe they were popular, the design? I also have the same house V5 you metioned! :D

I was an adult when tamas came on the scene in 1996-97. I was working for Motorola then, and lots of Motorolans were walking around the plant with them. I remember going to stores and seeing a lot of kids with them, as well a a few adults. They were all the rage back then. Back in 2004, with the Connection's debut, I really didn't see as many kids with them as I did in the late 90s. Cell phones were starting to take over at that time, and were becoming the thing to have, as they are today.

Oh the good ol' elementary school days. They were everywhere, and people came to me for Tamagotchi help. I was like a king then xD

Yep! Me and my friends use to have them back in early highschool. I use to own a quite a few of them! Unfortunetly i sold mine away, because i grew out of them, i sort of regret doing that now. :/

I never really saw anyone with a Tamagotchi when I was little..But I do remember seeing one of those LPS virtual pets one time at church.

When I got my first tamagotchi (a v3) there was a guy in my class who had a v1. Because of that, we became friends. And because of me, the next year one of my close friends got a v3. :D Other than that, I did see other people in my class with tamagotchis, but it didn't seem like they really cared as much. In other words, I saw them playing with their tamagotchis they got for christmas for like one day and then never again lol

I can remember my friends and I had Giga Pets back in fifth grade. All sorts of virtual pets were everywhere when they first came out! I wanted a Tamagotchi, however my mom thought the Gigas were better since they were a little cheaper. She did end up getting me the pink Tamagotchi Angel after all. It was my favorite. Still have it to this day!

I was in college when the Connections came out. A friend of mine went to buy the v3 with me and we enjoyed them together. I didn't know anyone but her that was into them, and that's when I first joined this forum. Sure brings back memories!

Yep, but most had rip-offs. They'd ask me, "Hey, are you raising like an alien? A duck? A dog?" And I reply,"No. A Tamagotchi." And they'd just laugh 'cause most of them never had a real one. They thought a Tamagotchi was talking care of an animal of your choice. lol I just feel sorry for them.

The fake ones were really cheap here. $2 I think? So almost everyone had one but meh, only a few fully understood what a Tamagotchi is. I influenced our neighbors before though but they only bought fake ones as well. I usually run a lot back then for them to keep for a while so I guess I kinda influenced a lot. I even gave one to my classmate before.

Toy stores used to have shelves dedicated for Tamagotchis before. I wish there still is tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back