Did u know?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggy950623

Reaction score
Tama actrally means ball,bead,or a bullet in Japanese! Next time do u think we should still call our Tamagotchis Tama for short? Please post.

Thank you,

Piggy950623

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but you have to go all the way and use the word "Tamago" which means egg. Then add the tchi which makes it cute.

Yeah but you have to go all the way and use the word "Tamago" which means egg. Then add the tchi which makes it cute.
How did u know that? (By the way I'm not Japanese. I found that in a dictionary) I never had a good topic... :blink: It aways ends up no one answering... :) Well, now everyone knows y don't a guide just closed it. Unless there's people that wants to talk about this.

Eh?! Wait... I thought that "tama" meant egg... Like Nira-Tama (a Japanese food made of leeks and eggs)! But, I guess we might as well call them tamagos instead of tamas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh?! Wait... I thought that "tama" meant egg... Like Nira-Tama (a Japanese food made of leeks and eggs)! But, I guess we might as well call them tamagos instead of tamas!
Yeah I guess. It would be weird if u called your Tamago a ball,bead,or a bulletl.LOL! Should we just open this for now? That way everyone will know. And maybe they will have great langh. That's good for everyone! :blink:

well if you want my opinion here it is i think that we, i mean everyone on this site should still call a tamagotchi tama for short cause we know what we are talking about right and if there are japanese peeps on this site than here's the thing when we say tama we mean a tamagotchi.

Tama means either a bead, drop or a "roundy item".

Tamagotchi is written "Tamagotch" in the japanese commercials (when it's written with roman letters), and it comes from words TAMAGO (egg) and "watch".

They add the "i" in the end so they can pronounc it more easily.

"Chi" means adorable or lovely.

There's also another pun in name Tamagotchi; tamago + tomodachi.

Tomodachi means "friend".

So Tamagotchi means these 3 things:

"Adorable Egg", "Egg Friend" and "Egg Watch" (= clock)

well if you want my opinion here it is i think that we, i mean everyone on this site should still call a tamagotchi tama for short cause we know what we are talking about right and if there are japanese peeps on this site than here's the thing when we say tama we mean a tamagotchi.
I know I know. That was a liitle joke ok? Tama sounds cuter than Tamago,but we can call it what ever we want. I just wanted to make people langhs. It's kinda funny when u think of it. We called our Tamagotchi a bead,ball,or bullet the whole time! Heehee.

I know I know. That was a liitle joke ok? Tama sounds cuter than Tamago,but we can call it what ever we want. I just wanted to make people langhs. It's kinda funny when u think of it. We called our Tamagotchi a bead,ball,or bullet the whole time! Heehee.
yeah i know peeps can call it whateva they want to but i'm just saying that if you still want to call your tamagotchi a tama for short than you should just because in japanese it means ball and bullet and whateva else we know what we are talking about right and i have been learning japanese for 2 years now and at school so i know some japanese. :lol:

When I look in my dictionary it says that kawaii is adorable and cute. There's no tchi or chi that means cute or adorable.

When I look in my dictionary it says that kawaii is adorable and cute. There's no tchi or chi that means cute or adorable.
You're right. Chi seems to mean many other things, but not "adorable" or anything close to that.

I have read that thing from somewhere, not found out about it myself.

So that "chi" in the end just comes from word "watch" (wristclock) with pronounced japanese way (= "wottchi")

You're right. Chi seems to mean many other things, but not "adorable" or anything close to that.
I have read that thing from somewhere, not found out about it myself.

So that "chi" in the end just comes from word "watch" (wristclock) with pronounced japanese way (= "wottchi")
Oh! Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back