Dinkie Dino, difference English and Japanese?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefke2108

Reaction score
Hi!

Just a quick question since I'm looking into buying another Dinkie Dino and hopefully a working one!

As the title says I'm wondering :

Is there a difference between the English Dinkie Dino and the Japanese RakuRaku Dinokun? If so, what is it?

Also, is one more rare than the other or about the same?

Thanks! :)

(perhaps this should have been posted in another part of the forum, sorry for this!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering the same thing. I have a Rakuraku Dinokun (the one in my avatar), but I've never had a Dinkie Dino, so I haven't been able to compare the two. Actually, I'm confused on how I even ended up with a Japanese one. My older sister gave it to me, and she got it in the U.S...

Is there any text on it that is in Japanese except the stats screen?

There's hardly any writing on it at all. The lights and air conditioner say "On" and "Off". It says the temperature in degrees C and the weight in kg. Also it has the time (AM or PM) and the grade (A, B, C, D, E--yes E not F) for education. So I don't see any Japanese writing.

Ah ok thanks, I'll just buy the Japanese one then. Their shipping is faster lol :p

The Dinkie Dino was my first virtual pet in the 1990's. As I recall, the box said Raku Raku Dinokun on it as well as Japanese writing, so I believe they're basically "international" toys. I had bought it at a Radio Shack or something at the mall here in the U.S. (they had VP's everywhere when they were first released, except the Tamagotchis which seemed more exclusive to Toys R' Us and other toy stores).

Unfortunately, I no longer have the little guy. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back