disfunctional V5

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maGGot

Reaction score
I ordered an Austailian V5 when they first came out. There's something wrong with it and I was wondering if it's possible to fix it somehow. The graphics are barely visible no matter how I adjust the contrast and the sound is so faint you can almost not even hear it. I can only hear it if I put it right next to my ear. I've even tried new batteries.

Could it be possible it was damaged in customs (by an x-ray or something)?

Has anyone had a Tamagotchi behave like this before?

And if so, is there any way to fix it?

It sounds like it was damaged or perhaps it was faulty from the factory. I don't think and x-ray could have that effect on it. It seems like you've tried every possible way to fix it that makes any sense. New batteries would definitely be my first suggestion. I heard some people said that they found the screens of the v5 and up tamas a lot lighter than the previous versions so if this is the first v5 you've seen maybe you're just not used to the screen. You could try contacting the store or person you got it from see if there is way to get it replaced.

EDIT: Actually i don't think that sort of thing would happen from damage through shipping. My oldest tamagotchi has been dropped and such a lot and there is nothing wrong with it. I think it's more probable that it's from factory, so you should be able to get a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm certain that if you have the original packaging and warranty then maybe you can get a replacement? If you bought it off of eBay maybe the person that you bought the item from has a good refund policy. I've noticed myself that the v5's screen is a lot lighter than the other Tama's versions that I have.

I agree with Techno R-A-V-E Party, perhaps try a new battery first, because before my v5's battery died the first time the screen did seem much lighter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back