Do people understand you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do people understand you in situations like this?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Never

• Always

• I'm never that weird!

• MUAHAHAHAHA!

• I was just attacked by a cowboy hat! :D

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamakitty710

Reaction score
Well, I'm a very random person. One day I was IMing with one of my very random friends. We had a long discussion about what's in the cheese powder in a macaroni and cheese box. My old school (the person I had the discussion with was at this school) was a gifted school :0 Now I switched to a dumber school (lol) where nobody is like that anymore. If I had a conversation on that with someone at my new school, they'd just look at me like I didn't speak english and walk away.

Another example is:

My friend from my old school told this joke a lot. It was "A man walked into a bar..... It hurt." So I told it at my new school and everyone was like "Huh? I don't get it..." It made me really mad because it was a corny joke if you got it, but if you didn't (hard to do) then it was just weird! Now everyone thinks I'm really weird because I say weird things all the time, but if I did it at my old school, everyone would just join me.

Are any of you other TamaTalkers misunderstood like that?

"~*tamakitty710*~"

Yeah just not as much as u i bet. I love that bar joke so much :(

I told it to my dad and he laughed a lot :D

In cases, Yes. I get very misunderstood and foremost yelled at by my mother. Want examples?

I asked my sister to leave my room because my best friend and I wanted to talk about something just between us, and she fianlly did leave after arguing with me a whole lot... Then we hear her at the stairs and start writing what we would usually say on paper and passing it back and forth, like a note, when she bursts in the door and says, "Well, you stopped talking so I couldn't hear anything..." and left. Then I get called downstairs and yelled at, and my mom doesn't even know my half of the story. After a couple minutes I told my mom how she admitted to eavesdropping on us after we asked her to leave and she apologized.

I was invited to a friend's birthday party and my sister wasn't because my friend hardly even knows my sister at all. And of course, my sister had to ask to go. And my mom said no, of course. (Thank goodness) Anyways, I was asking my best friend when she reckons we'll have to wake up when my mom pulls me into the kitchen and tells me to stop mentioning the birthday party around my sister. So I said OK and everything, and then I looked away. Well, my mom took that as me rolling my eyes at her, blowing her off, so she corners me and starts yelling at me. I didn't even DO anything!! Then she apologizes after she figures that out... But still, it was right in front of my friend! ...

Well, atleast she apologized both times... :(

That doesn't usually happen to me. All of my friends make stupid jokes with each other, so there's not really opportunity for that to happen. I try to avoid people that don't understand 'stupid fun'. I like people with the same or a similar sence of humor as I do. Otherwise what you say might offend them, and then what was supposed to be fun turns into a fight. Never a good thing.

That doesn't usually happen to me. All of my friends make stupid jokes with each other, so there's not really opportunity for that to happen. I try to avoid people that don't understand 'stupid fun'. I like people with the same or a similar sence of humor as I do. Otherwise what you say might offend them, and then what was supposed to be fun turns into a fight. Never a good thing.
Very true. I also try avoiding people who don't understand me, but at my school, it's kinda hard. Almost EVERYONE is like that. Except for a few 7th graders in one of my classes. They like random stupid jokes like "A guy walked into a bar... it hurt!" Fun! ^_____^

No.But who cares what people think its not like there your mother or the president.... If you think your jokes are funny then they are :(

Haha, it took me a sec. to get it.

Wow, a little slow there....

I'm tell'n that one tomarrow!

That sorta thing happens to me all the time. My friends and I all have a wacky sense of humour, or at least used to. Now everyone is starting to get offended by stupid things and everyone gets mad at eachother, it's confussing.

My mother never understands me either, ussually when I'm not in a good mood.

Kind of. I have a different sense of humor than most people at my school. Sometimes I think of random things that happened to me, or someone else, which at the time didn't seem funny, but I end up laughing about it for an hour.

I also get my words mixed up all the time, or say something in an odd tone, so they think I mean something else.

You are not alone, people really don't know how to ajust to crazy people. *cough* I was in the breakroom at work and I got into a mustard bottle fight with a sales floor assiote.*cough* Most people don't know how to take on my personality but a few understand that thats just how I am. If you tell me I'm crazy I thank you for the complement. Not sure why they didn't get your joke, I got it after a second or two. Oh and if they think that they are normal then they are only kidding themselves. If everyone was normal we would all be the same, right down to a T. No one is normal in a sense. We all have our own personalities and nothing is going to change that.

I'm glad other people have the same thing happen to them.

But that's just me...

Sophie is the girl that puts up with me and is more tolerant than most of my friends... But she's awesome :]

Most of the time I don't tell jokes and my friends to the joking I am more of a sarcasam person than a joke person... And when my friends tell jokes I usually laugh.

Though I think when I say something stupid my friends usually laugh as though it is a joke... It's actaully quite weird.

Anyways.

I love how a lot of people don't understand me... It just makes it all the more harder to try and be like me :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back