Do u like it when....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do YOU like it when binary/admin close topics

• NO !!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldnt care less

• Say WHAT??!!

• YES !!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

princess_cleopatra

Reaction score
Do u guys out there like it when a guide close topics?? Does it annoy u?? Or do u think it is necessary?? I am asking YOU this guys so post your feelings about it HERE. To guides/admin if you are reading this I mean no harm to you or your system. Overall this a great, safe site but this is just 2 let our users express their feelings.

yours sincerely

princess_cleopatra

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted no.

Guides close topics for many reasons, such as:

(1) the topic requester has had her question answered, and directly asks a guide to close the topic now.

(2) the topic has become full of spam, arguing, or bickering that has thrown the discussion way off topic.

(3) the topic is a duplicate (someone posts the same topic two or more times) or a copy.

(4) the topic is too general ("I just got a Tamagotchi and I don't know anything about them, so can someone please help me.")

(5) the question has been asked a million times and the answer is in a clearly-marked pin topic. If I see another "where can I find the hat to get the golden Tamagotchi in V3 TamaTown" topic ... :furawatchi:

(6) the topic is very old, and someone has bumped it to the top of the list by replying in it. (Question from 2005: "I heard there was going to be a V3", Answer from 2007: "Of course there was a V3. We're on V4 now.")

(7) the topic is against the rules ("I know everything there is to know about the V4. I can answer all your questions. Post your questions in this topic and I'll help you.")

I don't mind (1), but wish I didn't have to encounter (2) through (7) so often. It would help us if people would read through The Rules and BANNED TOPICS & POSTS.

P.S. this topic doesn't belong in "Help For New Tamagotchi Pet Owners", so I've moved it to "What's On Your Mind"

I have noticed that many members don't like their topics being closed and take it personally; sometimes that is the real reason they are unhappy about a topic being closed.

When Guides close a topic on the forums they usually give an explanation to why the topic was closed - often posting links to the rule that has been broken or the topic that has been duplicated.

In fact even tho' you are quite new to TamaTalk, I am sure you have already noticed that we do this :furawatchi:

Please don't forget, a closed topic is nothing personal against one particular member...

BTW I didn't vote in the poll - sorry, but it was a bit confusing... I couldn't decide if I should vote Yes or No :furawatchi:

No - I don't like it when topics are closed...?

Yes - it annoys me?

Yes - I think it is necessary?

I don't care if Guides or Admin close topics. They're just trying to keep this place safe. :angry: If they didn't get rid of offensive posts or close topics to stop bickering, alot of bad things could happen... :angry:

-Tamaguy#1 :angry:

I just put Could'nt care less. I like how the mods and guids are keeping this site kid frendly and clean. I won't say anything else on the topic...

~BB~

I suppose it is necessary. Thankyou every1 4 your replies. oh BTW tamamum no= I dont like admin closing topics yes= I think its necessary. And Im sorry i put this in the wrong topic. I was just around there and.... well u get it. I see nopw why we do that. I think it is great that we have a clean, safe site. Thankyou everyone!!!

Lotsaluv

princess_cleopatra

Ahem, why did you shame binary- there is other Guides too! :D

Guides (or binary, for that matter) always have a reason for closing a topic- they don't just go round closing topics to make members upset and angry. :furawatchi: Hehe, I remember when my first topic got closed, I PMed the Guide who closed it, apologizing, and saying "please don't give me yellow karma!" Lol, I know who the guide was, but I won't say.

Anyway, back on topic, take a little look at the reason binary stated- make sure your topics don't fall under any of there statments. Another reason I may like to add- naming and shaming. Like, "Do u hate this member" or "Who likes me?"- that ain't allowed either.

Thank you for you understanding,

Rey Mysterio

Do u guys out there like it when a guide close topics?? Does it annoy u?? Or do u think it is necessary?? I am asking YOU this guys so post your feelings about it HERE. To guides/admin if you are reading this I mean no harm to you or your system. Overall this a great, safe site but this is just 2 let our users express their feelings.yours sincerely

princess_cleopatra
I actually kinda like it because I learned something and it'll help me out in posting new topics. And as Rey Mysterio said, there are reasons why a topic might be closed. I think it's necessary..

well, usually Guides close topics for really good reasons. Basically what binary said.

I don't like people making useless topics, wasting bandwidth and making more work for the Guide and Administrators. It is good that they close it, because more posts would attract SPAM, and would be rule breaking, such as "Chat about anything here!" topics. Then, people would be spamming in that topic. That is why Admin and the Guides created the rules :(

//Tama*Lover

Well if you became a guide (which many want to become.) You're gonna have to do the same thing no matter how bad you feel. It's just a way of telling a member we don't allow this. Very understandable. :blink:

It depends who the person is the topic starter usually sometimes its a good thing because they close down topics that break the rules or hurt a persons feelings.The Guildes and Admin are only trying to make the best of everything so don't get mad they are only trying to help! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back