Do you believe Global Warming..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOVE.

Reaction score
Second star to the right, straight on til morning.
Wikipedia's version of global warming conspiracy.

I was talking to my mom about global warming, because of all this snow, and she told me some people think it's a theory. Like, my brother described it on a graph. The world's temperature goes up and down, that explains the Ice Ages and everything else. People are using global warming as a sort of 'excuse' about today's weather.

I'm not saying I don't believe in global warming and carbon footprints and that shizz. I do think we need to calm down on our carbon releases or whatever you call them, but I don't think we're going to melt just yet.

I'm sorry if it's not very clear. My mind is still sleeping but the question came to mind and I wanted to hear your opinion on it.

:)

I 100% agree with you.

The gorvernment is wrong to say we are causing the earth to heat up and the glaciers at the poles mlnt, in my opinion. Ice and snow didn';t exist till a few million years ago (I think that long ago? I can't remember) so it isn't unusual that the ice is melting again. We are only just coming out of an ice age, so of course the world is heating up. I think I saw the graph your brother is on about in school.

However, I do believe that we should cut down on our carbon emmisions, and try to look for more efficient energy resources, because we are going mad over technology and the emmisions could damage our health and cause damage in the future

There's no scientific proof at all.

-There was a group in Britain that came up with the statistics for it, but someone hacked their emails which they admitted to lying about it in them, then after they deleted all their info. They wouldn't let anyone peer review their work, either. If you want to look into it, it's called ClimateGate.

Everything goes against it - there's no sunspots on the sun, and we should be getting colder.

To me, it's used for money and power. Al Gore used his fake video for money, and the government uses it for more power. I think it's a conspiracy theory.

I agree with you all 10000000000%. I don't really think there is global warming(climategate scandal) but even if there is, mankind is not the cause. The Earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling. And if anything, this is a cooling period, this is supposed to be the coldest winter in 25 years. Would you believe we are in an ice age now? After all, and ice age is a period when the polar caps are frozen over, and they are.

And, whenever it is warm, humans thrive, and whenever it get cold, well, let's just say they don't. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think it's as big of a deal as people make it. But doesnt mean we shouldnt cut down on pollution.

I do believe in Global Warming, but I don't think it's as serious as people are making it out to be.

Many people are acting like it means we are all going to die. But we survived the last Ice Age, so we'll certainly survive the next one! :lol: :lol:

And some people like the snow. Maybe we're doing them a favour! :D

There's no scientific proof at all.-There was a group in Britain that came up with the statistics for it, but someone hacked their emails which they admitted to lying about it in them, then after they deleted all their info. They wouldn't let anyone peer review their work, either. If you want to look into it, it's called ClimateGate.

Everything goes against it - there's no sunspots on the sun, and we should be getting colder.

To me, it's used for money and power. Al Gore used his fake video for money, and the government uses it for more power. I think it's a conspiracy theory.
Agreeeeed.

We still do need to be cautious about our planet, though!

^ Yes, agreed for sure. The average temperature may be going up, but it's part of a pattern that's been going on for all time. Although we should care for our planet, we don't need to take such drastic measures to do so when it's barely in danger.

Global warming is a hoax. An unproven science.

There's no evidence that the planet is steadily warming. And there's certainly no evidence that humans are causing it.

The planet will heat up and cool down naturally. If there are parts of the world warming (I know for sure that New York isn't) then it's all just a phase.

National Geographic has a useful fact file : Is Global Warming Real? - they are a pretty respectable scientific institute and not given to hoaxing the general public ;)

It explains some of the facts that are used as scientific evidence to show how the planet is steadily warming.

It is why many scientists (and people like me) believe that global warming is real.

That aside, there is no doubt that the subject is completely caught up in the political machine and that "facts" and "propaganda" are being used by both sides to support their causes for power and money and economic advantage. It's a real shame that's happening because it just trivialises a pretty important issue for the whole world.

Are humans responsible for Global Warming or Climate Change? Maybe, maybe not (there is certainly evidence that Greenhouse gases exist and in greater concentration since the Industrial Revolution than previous hundreds of thousands of years).

Should humans do anything - even if they are not responsible? Yes, if they can

Can humans do anything to help reduce climate change? Yes

Will humans do enough to help reduce climate change? Probably not.

Even if global warming cannot be "proven" to everyone's satisfaction, does that mean that it doesn't exist at all? Nope.

What if we are wrong and it really does exist and we do nothing because we are too selfish to accept changes to our way of life?

Hard questions to answer.

I try not to get caught up in ranting about how I hate being told by the government to switch off the TV and not leave it on "StandBy" or to use a particular type of light bulb because it "takes away my rights to live as I choose"...

Heck, if it reduces the amount of energy and fossil fuel we're burning away, then why not give it a go?

Every journey begins with one small step...

:)

^ I didn't explain very well, did I?

I don't mean I'm not going to help the environment. I am, and I do. In fact, I'm the one in my house who is constantly turning off lights, electricity sockets, TVs and the rest. I was just asking your opinion on whether or not you think Global Warming isn't actually real.

I fully agree that we're releasing too many carbon emissions, and using up too much fossil fuels then necessary. :)

I agree with you all 10000000000%. I don't really think there is global warming(climategate scandal) but even if there is, mankind is not the cause. The Earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling. And if anything, this is a cooling period, this is supposed to be the coldest winter in 25 years. Would you believe we are in an ice age now? After all, and ice age is a period when the polar caps are frozen over, and they are.
And, whenever it is warm, humans thrive, and whenever it get cold, well, let's just say they don't. :)
I know I'm on the opposite side of the world from you, but here in Australia it's the complete opposite. We're going through one of the longest heat waves and droughts in years. I don't know the figures, but it's a long time.

So over here it is not a cooling period whatsover.

Should humans do anything - even if they are not responsible? Yes, if they canCan humans do anything to help reduce climate change? Yes
And that's where I disagree. I'm not saying we shouldn't protect our planet from pollution and stuff, but climate change? Er, not so much. The Earth goes through natural cycles of warming and cooling, and it's completely normal.

And siddle, I was talking about where I live(NY). Sorry for not making that clear. (;

^ I didn't explain very well, did I?I don't mean I'm not going to help the environment. I am, and I do. In fact, I'm the one in my house who is constantly turning off lights, electricity sockets, TVs and the rest. I was just asking your opinion on whether or not you think Global Warming isn't actually real.

I fully agree that we're releasing too many carbon emissions, and using up too much fossil fuels then necessary. :)
Click here for some co2 science. When you think about it, and look at the science, co2 isn't even bad - plants breathe it in! Does that make any sense that co2 is bad for plants if they breathe it in and need it to live?

I disagree with the fact we're using too many fossil fuels. Studies show we have enough fuel underground to last another 500 years. They recently found a place in Montana that has more oil than the middle east. In 500 years, we will come up with something better, no doubt, but now, regular fuel is the cleanest and most practical option.

The world is going through one of its natural cycles that we may or may not be speeding up.

Click here for some co2 science. When you think about it, and look at the science, co2 isn't even bad - plants breathe it in! Does that make any sense that co2 is bad for plants if they breathe it in and need it to live?I disagree with the fact we're using too many fossil fuels. Studies show we have enough fuel underground to last another 500 years. They recently found a place in Montana that has more oil than the middle east. In 500 years, we will come up with something better, no doubt, but now, regular fuel is the cleanest and most practical option.
That cleared a few questions up.

What do they teach us at school? ;)

It is 38f and SNOWING in Orlando, Fl. It is a high of 57 and a low of 41 in THE BAHAMAS. And it is in the low 50s in Miami.

Yes, I totally believe in global warming. (sarcastic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back