Do you clean your Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddiLuvsYew

Reaction score
I do.

I honestly cannot stand it when they get dirty.

They usually don't, but it grosses me out when they do.

I'm currently running one of my Angels, which came off of eBay. When I got it, it was SO dirty. There was dirt all in the cracks, around the buttons, on the edges of the screen, everywhere. I even opened the back, and there was dirt on and around the batteries! It was nasty.

Today, I noticed that there was a little dirt where the battery-tab goes. I also noticed that the inside of the buttons looked darker than my other Angel.

I decided to investigate.

I opened up my Tama; it was nice and clean. I unscrewed the 4 tiny screws to get to the circuit-board. I opened up the Angel and I was disgusted.

The shell was FULL of dirt! There was dirt and SAND all over the circuit board and around the inner screen. There was even dirt around the pretty-white buttons ;( It looked like whoever owned this Tamagotchi previously had kept it in a jar of sand. It was REALLY bad.

I wasn't able to get all the dirt off of the circuit board for fear that I would damage the tama, but it is MUCH cleaner now. Blehh. It was nasty.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone else out there clean their Tamagotchi, or am I just a freak? :}

Come on now, no one else cleans their Tamagotchi?

(this is my discreet way of bumping up this post ;D )

^Yeah, I know. I just totally gave myself away.

I clean my tamagotchis.

I thought I was the only one.

When I got mine, it was so dirty! Like someone had left it at the beach for weeks!

And it had just come out of the packet!

I was repulsed!

But yes, I do clean my tamagotchi

:)

I usually only buy the new ones, and mine ones usually don't get dirty, but I guess I would clean them if they were... :)

I clean my tamagotchis.I thought I was the only one.

When I got mine, it was so dirty! Like someone had left it at the beach for weeks!

And it had just come out of the packet!

I was repulsed!

But yes, I do clean my tamagotchi

:rolleyes:
It was dirty when it came new out of the pack?

Ewww D:

Dirty-BanDai :angry:

If and when they need it, yes. I have a soft toothbrush just for this purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do, once a year. They get dirty, but I don't just keep them in sand. :)

I wipe the screen with my sleeve occasionally, but my tamagotchis are usually cleaner than a whistle (where does that saying even come from, whistles aren't the cleanest things in the world seriously). But I would flip out if I found sand in my tama, 'cause that could get all up in the circuit board's business and mess up the tamagotchi. ;)

sometimes I do..but to make sure there will be no dirt..I'm putting a cling wrap cover in it..

I usually buy mine new, so they are always clean, and my Tamas I always keep clean, but I wipe the screen ALL THE TIME, and when I get something on it, thats sticky, or food, or I drop it or something, I wipe it with a baby wipe. ( I am obssessed with baby wipes, they clean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g-!)

I remember when I got my very first Tamagotchi back in 1998, I was pretty neurotic about it, always wanting to keep it in perfect condition. -_- I would carefully open them up and do my best to wipe all the dust from the screen, the insides, everything. I don't do that so much anymore. Maybe once in a blue moon, but my collection has grown quite a lot since then, so it would take a little bit more time. :p

What I normally do is after every 2 months or so, I take a cotton bud, wet it with a bit of water (Just so it's damp!)...and put on a tiny weeny bit of toothpase. Then I manage to clean out the cracks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back