Do you ever feel like a tama loner?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I do.I have one friend who loves tamas as much as I do,she brings her v5 to school with her all the time.some of my friends like to play with them and see what they do and stuff.but one of my friends is afraid of tamas somehow 0.o when ever she sees me with them she's like "agh!I have nightmares about those tamagotchis!Why do you play with them?" :rolleyes: I admit I kinda feel like a tama loner.I'm glad I have one friend that still plays with tamas though. :blink:

Back when V1's, V2's & V3's and such were out they were pretty popular and I knew a ton of people who played with tamas.. Over the years, most people I know stopped playing with them.. I gave my one friend a Tama-Go for Christmas (or her birthday.. I forget, they're close together lol) because she really wanted one, and she played with it a lot in the first few weeks, and now I don't really see her play with it anymore.. So.. lately for the most part, I have been a Tama Loner. =/ B-)

I'm in ninth grade and I go to one of the best private schools in the country..

The only thing girls play with here are boys and their new iPhones.

I secretly play with my tamagotchis :)

Yes - and that's ok. I'm the only person I know that plays with Tamagotchis. Although, all my friends and family know and are very interested when they see me pull out my Tama to feed or play with it.

yeah me too. im the only one in my school who's playing/collecting a tamagotchi. but fortunately, ive showned my couzin how to use it/take care of it and he actually liked it ! im so happy that he catched the tamagotchi fever somehow but these past few days i think his interests disappeared and i think he does'nt care about them now.

yesterday, i left my tamagotchis for there is my couzin to take care of them but when i got home , i saw him playing computer and i heard my tamasuku buzzing and when i checked it , their hearts are all empty. tsk ! . but i dont know why these people around me always loose there interests on something too fast.

but atleast i never loose my hunger to buy and collect more tamagotchi's. :)

Around here... I'm lucky if I run into a kid with a Tamagotchi. I do every once in a while. I figure someone is buying all those tamagotchi since they aren't on the shelf. Not just me. When I find them, I always hope Ihave one connectable with ther's with mine. Normally its not. I run into a ton of V4/4.5s....

But normally, I am one of the few who has one. I play with a Tama and normally play with my Precure one too... Atleast the kids "want" those since thy are "pretty" Nobody sees to want the tamagotchi anymore. Not around me... not that I see.

I am no tama-loner. I just am not rnning any at the moment but when i get my v1 back froom my friend, and the v4 I want arrives, I wont be a loner. My friend has a v5. the only problem is the non compatible problem.... I will probably get Music stars for both of us, and maybe Tamagos once they reach Europe. (mind you, shed better get her OWN ffigures... or use mine, If thats possible.) Tamagotchis were discontinued here for a while.... between v5 and Tamagos, if they even come here, there was a gap. I really wish there wasnt, then I could get right back into tamas without waiting for either of those things.

BUT yeah, I was always either without a tama, or with a tama that was outdated during the hype/s.

So at school, Im gonna be quite lonly with It, but I dont care.

EDIT: Also, that friend I mentioned has my tama because I stopped playing years ago, It had become to much for me, as a 8 year old. She talked about how she was collecting Tamas for an age. She was unaware of the gap, which resulted her having two Bandai tamas, and two cheap magazine fakes. Both Bandais were presents from me. She has shown loads of love potential for them, just once the battery dies, she doesnt know where to get the replacements....

Last edited by a moderator:
None of my friends here play with tama's, nor do they have an interest to. A couple of them seemed interested, but that quickly went away when they saw that they had to actually take care of it. I asked my boyfriend if he'd try one and I got "....I'll pass...". I told a couple of my other friends about it and they showed some interest but the spark went away with the realization that they didn't have one.

I'm thinking about buying a couple music stars to give to a couple friends to try, in hopes that once they actually have one, they'll get interested. But I still don't think they'll catch tama fever.

I just wish that there were someone in my area that would like them enough so I could connect with them and trade with. It loses it's fun when you have to have 2 of the same tama yourself just to connect.

Do any of you find yourself being the only one around you that plays with tamas? Have you tried to get your friends/family interested in them?

Let us tama loners converse and unite!
Yes, i am a tama loner and it sucks as ever. i also wish that i had someone around my area thats also interested in tamagotchis' too. my friends are not interested in tamagotchis' anymore like they use too. sigh.....

I know this feeling all too well.

My cousin, having a tamagotchi herself, will start it up with me, but keep it on pause unless I take care of it. -.-

and my best friend, will seem interested, and i'll give her one, and she'll lose it. I've given her two Music Stars{both brand new, IN THE BOX} and she lost both of 'em.

I am a tamaloner! My mom thinks they're stupid and nobody has them anymore except me. :( They're nice to talk to but it feels too strange to connect my tama-go to my v6. :(

I made my boyfriend use an extra v1 of mine, and it's been nice since he has gotten into it too lmao. My best friend still uses her's as well, so I don't really feel much like a tamagotchi loner. not to mention that whenever i play with mine around others, i always get the, "omg! is that a tamagotchi? i used to have one of those when i was little!" response.

I'm not even going to post my age, but yeah - everyone thinks I'm crazy. :rolleyes:

yes i do feel like a tama loner, all my friends grew out of tamagotchis :(

luckly they gave me their's so i have a big collection of 20 now.

what we need is all of us loners to unite!!

a convention would be a nice place to start.

Maybe we should start a poll where people vote for the region they live in - so we know where to book the convention ;)

It was pretty awful when I was. I tried a million times to get other people into Tamas. My brother was into them for a bit, but not properly into them, he never knew as many characters as I did and he always named his Tamas silly things and tortured them and reset them. True, I DID do that sort of thing, but not any more.

Anyway, I tried to get people into them, but the only results were resets and lost battery covers and lost keychains. And don't get me started on how they used to pronounce them. They wouldn't even get "Tomagotchi" or "Tamagatchi". It was all "Gammadotchi" and "Dakawotchi". But I finally found someone, who is now actually a member of this site (username is Fwoggy), and got her a Tama V5 and since then I have not been a Tama loner and she has been enjoying her V5 very much!

yes i do feel like a tama loner, all my friends grew out of tamagotchis :(

luckly they gave me their's so i have a big collection of 20 now.

We have the same number of Tamas! And while you got a lot from your friends who grew out of Tamas, I got a lot from my brother who grew out of Tamas! XD

~ Dazzmina ~

Yes, i do get that I'm alone feeling all the time, the only person i know who actaully plays with tamas is my best mate (Shes not even playing right now though) At my school almost all my year knows i have one, my friend thinks thier cool, but some other people just tease me for having one!! I don't see the problem with them to be honest. So yes i get the feeling that I'm alone when it comes to tamas all the time, but then i come on here and i feel much better ^_^

You're pretty lucky to have one friend who plays with Tamas! I met absolutely NO-ONE who was already into them, so I had to get someone into them, which took a lot of tries. I mean, when my brother was younger, he used to run to me and tell me all about his Tamagotchi and it just got really annoying. My mom said it was because he just wanted to share his Tama-related thoughts. Now, I just had TOO MANY Tama-related thoughts, a lot more than my brother, and I didn't share them with my family because they'd just give me a puzzled look because they don't know any characters. I got this feeling that all the characters I knew and my Tamas were just cooped up inside me. Then I started my log, but that still wasn't enough. I tried for six months to get someone else into Tamas, and failed a few times before FINALLY doing it. I really did feel like an absolute Tama loner. But I still feel like a Tama COLLECTOR loner, since my friend has only been into them for a month and therefore has only 1 Tama, and I don't blame her! (Not bragging but I have 21...) I guess I will always feel that way though, unless I stop collecting it will be hard for her to catch up... :(

~ Dazzmina ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back