Do you feel guilty unpacking tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I like keeping the packaging though.

I would feel bad if it was a v.3

:p

I wouldn't consider myself a collector (yet!) but I believe that not wanting to open them applies for some Tamagotchi's with me. I don't believe saying "There's no point in buying a Tamagotchi if you're not going to play with it!" is a fair statement, as it's your decision what you choose to do with your Tamagotchi's in your collection.

For me, when I start seriously collecting, I won't open a Tamagotchi unless I really feel like running it, and I'll only collect and keep mint-in-package Tamagotchi's if I really like their designs. There is a Music Star design that I really love, it's an Australasian exclusive "Yellow Guitar", and there is no way I'll be opening it when I get it. Simply because I value the design too much, and I want it mint in my collection. If I feel like playing with a Music Star, I'll just use one that I already have out of package that I don't like the design as much (although I do really like the design, it's the "Rock City" one. ;D)

Whether you're a collector or just someone who likes to play with Tamagotchi's, I believe it's ultimately your decision what you choose to do with them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's really no wrong answer. I wouldn't buy a Tamagotchi and not open it. Others would. It all depends on the person. I'd be concerned about battery leakage in a Tama left sealed for a long time, but I could be totally wrong about that. I'm only going by what regular batteries will do. The type of batteries Tamas use may be totally different.

yes, I keep all my tamas mint in the package, if I want to play with it ill buy 2

I try to preserve whatever package my v-pets come in. But I plan to play with them all. When I'm done I'll just put them back in their package.

But then again, I'm not really a mint condition collector, I'm collecting v-pets to play with.

I don't feel bad at all, I buy them to use them, I'm making sure to keep the packaging and the tabs this time though, last time I had tamas I threw those out.

I've never understood collecting things for the sake of collecting them, except in online games where there's stuff that that's the whole point. But I guess it takes all kinds to make a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back