Do you have a dysfunction/disorder/disease...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ADD. A lot of kids at my school do not actually believe me. :/

Don't know if this is particularly fitting for this topic, but I am intensely shy and a recluse. For the past 3 years or so, I have been hiding in my house and hadn't spoken to anyone irl or online. Tamatalk is the first place that I have started any kind of socializing again. I also now have a job delivering pizzas, so I suddenly have to talk to many, many strangers everyday and act like I enjoy it. It's pretty difficult for me, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it up, but I need the money (more tamas to buy!). But I do enjoy hanging out in this forum a lot. :)

I don't know if I've posted it before but I have severe anxiety.. I don't do storms, (so tonight should be interesting) anything bad on the news I get it in my head that it's going to happen to me and then I freak myself out, I hate places with lots of people, probably have a touch of social anxiety, (not trying to diagnose myself) I get SO nervous talking to new people so I usually just end up staring at them while they do all the talking, which probably doesn't do well at making me friends.

I know I have already posted in this, but I'd like to add that I have recently found out that I have severe paranoia. :(

Generalised anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder :/

I have close friends IRL to count on though, so at least I know I'm not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
9 days until this topic gets too old so I'll post again :p

I'm mentally messed up somehow; not that I've ever seen a doctor about it, but besides the severe mood swings I mentioned in a previous post I also have bad hallucinations. Both visual and sound hallucinations. They scare me a lot and I have an intense fear of the dark and nighttime even though I'm almost 16, and yes, I'm afraid of "monsters" (or creatures and ghosts, as I'd prefer to call it) due to my hallucinations making me paranoid. As soon as it's nighttime, I feel terrified even with my lights on. Most nights I get little to no sleep, and such sleep deprivation leads to more hallucinations, and hallucinations lead to me being too terrified to sleep... and it's a neverending cycle. I always feel scared and it's such a miserable feeling :(

I've never been diagnosed with anything but I'm pretty certain I have some sort of heart problem. They do run in my family, as do thyroid problems and diabetes.

I sometimes get ripping sensations in my heart and tightness in my chest, usually right after I calm down from being stressed. I also get them if something startles me, like if someone sneaks up behind me. My hands are always cold so I'm pretty sure I have poor blood circulation. I can only raise my arms above my head for a short time or I'll start to pass out. Sometimes the same thing happens if I stand up too quickly. I seem to be getting a lot of hot flashes recently, too. My fingernails break and peel easily and a lot of my hair falls out, but my nails and hair also grow very quickly. And I crave meat and eggs constantly which makes me wonder if I have a protein deficiency or something.

By no means am I diagnosing anybody :p but these posts made me think.

9 days until this topic gets too old so I'll post again :p

I'm mentally messed up somehow; not that I've ever seen a doctor about it, but besides the severe mood swings I mentioned in a previous post I also have bad hallucinations. Both visual and sound hallucinations. They scare me a lot and I have an intense fear of the dark and nighttime even though I'm almost 16, and yes, I'm afraid of "monsters" (or creatures and ghosts, as I'd prefer to call it) due to my hallucinations making me paranoid. As soon as it's nighttime, I feel terrified even with my lights on. Most nights I get little to no sleep, and such sleep deprivation leads to more hallucinations, and hallucinations lead to me being too terrified to sleep... and it's a neverending cycle. I always feel scared and it's such a miserable feeling :(
I am absolutely uncertain, but just a suggestion...your symptoms are often part of schizoaffective disorder. It seems like your family is against doctors, but if you ever get the opportunity, please visit a psychologist or psychiatrist, as they can prescribe various therapies (cognitive-behavioral or pharmaceutical) that really do help.

I've never been diagnosed with anything but I'm pretty certain I have some sort of heart problem. They do run in my family, as do thyroid problems and diabetes.

I sometimes get ripping sensations in my heart and tightness in my chest, usually right after I calm down from being stressed. I also get them if something startles me, like if someone sneaks up behind me. My hands are always cold so I'm pretty sure I have poor blood circulation. I can only raise my arms above my head for a short time or I'll start to pass out. Sometimes the same thing happens if I stand up too quickly. I seem to be getting a lot of hot flashes recently, too. My fingernails break and peel easily and a lot of my hair falls out, but my nails and hair also grow very quickly. And I crave meat and eggs constantly which makes me wonder if I have a protein deficiency or something.
Just a thought... anemia/iron deficiency? This can cause poor circulation of oxygen to your body, leading to serious pain, serious fatigue, and passing out. Also, meat and eggs are both good source of iron (egg yolks especially).

As for me, I'm not sure whether I have any real disorder, but I have a lot of trouble handling stress. What helps me most is exercise.

Just a thought... anemia/iron deficiency? This can cause poor circulation of oxygen to your body, leading to serious pain, serious fatigue, and passing out. Also, meat and eggs are both good source of iron (egg yolks especially).

As for me, I'm not sure whether I have any real disorder, but I have a lot of trouble handling stress. What helps me most is exercise.
That's possible. I've had my iron levels tested before and they came back normal, but that was about ten years ago. Thyroid conditions have a lot of the same symptoms as well as depression and loss of sex drive (two things I also have). I can't see a doctor to get tested for anything because I don't have any money.

I took an online mental health test on a reliable web site but it's probably still inaccurate :p

https://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3040

Ugh link doesn't work but you can click on the tests tab and choose a test to take c:

I have symptoms of the following mental illnesses

Panic Disorder

Major Depressive Disorder

Manic Episodes

Bipolar Disorder

Social Phobia

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

But the only one I have ALL the symptoms of is Panic Disorder apparently. :p

mmm yeah im anemic (is that how you spell it??)

i. lost alot of blood as a baby and along with other things its rlly messed my blood system thing up

also the left side of my bod is weaker than the right

thats it i think

sorry if iv already posted

I have plaque psoriasis, that is restricted to my scalp/behind my ears. It is a skin disease that causes skin to thicken, turn red and flake off like scales. I've had it since I was about 7, and it fluxuates in severity. I've found that stress has really not helped lately as it's getting bad again. It's not something that will go away, and will likely just keep returning no matter the treatment. (It's also apparantly genetic, which is a pretty sucky thing to pass down.)

Also, imsomnia.

I took an online mental health test on a reliable web site but it's probably still inaccurate :p

https://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3040

Ugh link doesn't work but you can click on the tests tab and choose a test to take c:
Sorry if I'm being overly critical, but an online test is probably one of the most inaccurate ways to base a self diagnosis of any kind of disorder, bordering on insulting to those who are diagnosed with any of them. It is extremely easy to tamper with your own answers in a test to tip the outcome into your favour, therefore not giving an accurate result. If you're concerned, see a qualified professional. There are several youth resources throughout the world, both country specific and worldwide, that are able to help out in this respect. Mental disorders are not interchangeable fashionable accessories to flaunt, and shouldn't be treated as such, they are real things that people have to deal with.

wut I know that ._. Don't assume I'm one of those people who makes up stories about how mental I am just to look cool. I have to go through constant fear and panic attacks due to my hallucinations and mood swings and other crap.

wut I know that ._. Don't assume I'm one of those people who makes up stories about how mental I am just to look cool. I have to go through constant fear and panic attacks due to my hallucinations and mood swings and other crap.
Well then why aren't you seeking professional help?

EDIT | I've searched and I found a couple resources in Australia for Mental Health if you wish..

x x

Because that would mean telling someone about it and I'd rather live the rest of my life hallucinating than taking pills and letting people think I'm crazy~

Taking medications and having therapy do not mean you are crazy. Anyone who thinks you are crazy for that is a jerk whose opinion is irrelevant. The stigma surrounding mental illness is the reason why so many people live in fear in their own secluded hell.

I understand your family seems to be against doctors. However, if you ever get the chance please find a psychologist or psychiatrist. They can help you out a lot more than anyone on the Internet and NOBODY is allowed to know what you talk about with a professional unless you choose to tell other people (confidentiality).

"Insanity" is not a psychological term.

and there are tons of people out there who regularly see mental health professionals. Not all these people even have clinical disorders, but they find that these professionals really know how to help people with their lives: problems, decisions, insecurities, mental disorders, and many other issues.

As difficult as it is, finding a licensed professional will help you more than anything else.

i have this thing called PANDAS. i got strep throat one time i guess and didn't even know i had it so it went into my brain and now i have bad OCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back