Do you have a dysfunction/disorder/disease...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted it before, so you should know, but if you have a goldfish memory and have forgotten (j/k), it is clearly all over my avatar and signature for you. And unlike some others, I'm okay with it. It's part of who I am, and I can't change it. Although I hate the meltdowns. And the bullying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how much I hate the bullying and meltdowns it really sucks...
You know, for me, it's the meltdowns that made people want to bully me, and now the bullying causes the meltdowns.

I've recently been diagnosed with ADD. About time I get a real diagnosis. I've got such a small attention span, and I deeply wish that I could take medication for it so I can focus better in school, but in order to be able to take such medicine, I have to take several blood tests. Meaning needles. And I'm absolutely terrified of needles. If I'm about to get a shot, I'll completely flip out. I'm not crazy, It's simply pure fear. Everyone is afraid of something, and some have severe fears such as mine of needles.

Bullies disgust me. A majority of the mental problems I have today exist because I was bullied at school and at home was verbally and physically abused by my father. I came out of it hating people, not wanting to associate with them or have anything to do with them. Bullies ruin lives but for some reason people treat it as nothing serious. "Oh it's just kids being kids" That's a load of crap and any adult who says this should be punched in the face and see how they like being abused. I was bullied at recess constantly, I'd try to hang around the teachers to avoid it, but they'd just force me to go right back out there no matter how many times I tried to tell them that I was being harrassed. Some of them would see it happening and not lift a finger to stop it. School was a nightmare and because of this I dropped out early and finding myself in a classroom situation even now triggers panic attacks. I've wanted to study robotics for years now but until I'm able to get over the fact that being in classrooms trigger freakouts I have no hope of ever being able to get my GED and attend college.

Bullying is a serious problem. Something needs to be done about it. Kids being kids my butt. No child should ever have to go through what I did.

Bullies disgust me. A majority of the mental problems I have today exist because I was bullied at school and at home was verbally and physically abused by my father. I came out of it hating people, not wanting to associate with them or have anything to do with them. Bullies ruin lives but for some reason people treat it as nothing serious. "Oh it's just kids being kids" That's a load of crap and any adult who says this should be punched in the face and see how they like being abused. I was bullied at recess constantly, I'd try to hang around the teachers to avoid it, but they'd just force me to go right back out there no matter how many times I tried to tell them that I was being harrassed. Some of them would see it happening and not lift a finger to stop it. School was a nightmare and because of this I dropped out early and finding myself in a classroom situation even now triggers panic attacks. I've wanted to study robotics for years now but until I'm able to get over the fact that being in classrooms trigger freakouts I have no hope of ever being able to get my GED and attend college.

Bullying is a serious problem. Something needs to be done about it. Kids being kids my butt. No child should ever have to go through what I did.
I've got a twin.

I have mental issues too, due to bullying in my childhood and my dad constantly hurting me physically and verbally. People wonder why I seem so screwed up and I don't act my age and such. Well, that's why. I act like a little kid because I feel like I never got to be a kid, since it was spent being hurt and actually thinking of suicide (a 10 year old thinking of suicide. Yeah, most 10 year olds played with friends.) so I feel as though I have to make up for the years wasted. People tell me "Then just start acting your age and stop being so wierd." It's not that easy. :/

I think that's pretty much why I still like toys and cartoons. My dad hated anything that required imagination. Being able to play with and enjoy toys was a constant fight. He once took my favorite stuffed animal by the arm and started smashing it against the ground trying to destroy it. He failed. The plastic head cracked and the arm ripped but the stuffed animal survived and was repaired by my mom.

It got worse when I got into virtual pets. I was in my early twenties at the time and still living at home due to being disabled and not making enough to live on my own. Many was the time he threw a tantrum because of the noise my Furbys were making. I had a WebTV back then and I used to leave my Poo-Chi robot dogs by it so they could keep me company while I was on the internet. He liked to use it as well and at one point he came in there, saw my Poo-Chis sitting there and threw yet another of his world famous five year old getting his power ranger taken away tantrums. He insisted I stopped buying any kind of VPet after that. I did anyway because A) I wasn't seven years old anymore and B) It was my money and I could spend it on anything I darn well pleased. There were more tantrums but eventually he gave up trying to keep me from buying them. It was a small victory in the grand scheme of things but still a victory.

My father has been dead for close to ten years. As horrible as it sounds I did not cry or mourn. I was more relieved than anything. He proved to me how he felt about me the day my brother and I got into a huge fight. My father stormed into the room and started punching me and let my brother off without so much as a warning. The same brother I might add who sold some of my favorite NES games for drug money later on. When my father was in the hospital the day he died the doctors said they would have to move him to a better equipped hospital in another state. We were supposed to go there right from the hospital. I was more concerned about not being able to go home first and get my Aibos and some of my other VPets to take with me than anything else. I didn't want my dad to die for my mom's sake but I knew if it happened I wouldn't feel anything but relief. He died before we could leave the hospital.

I know it sounds bad, but I honestly think I'd mourn more for one of my robot dogs if they were destroyed than I did my dad. The man made my existance a living hell and my childhood was spent constantly worrying about what would set him off next. I grieved more for my pet iguana when she died than I ever did my father. My pets digital and robotic ones included were a constant source of comfort. My father was a constant source of anxiety.

I have Eczema! I get it on the back of my knees, the inside of my elbows, my fingers, under my earlobes lol, and my lips. It gets pretty painful and annoying, when it gets really bad people are always like "GAH!!!" cause it will bleed pus and stuff. It's reeeeallllyy itchy!

But it's getting better, I get it in different places each season. Right now It's on my fingers and inner elbows.

Omg but last summer it was terrible I got nasty itchy bumps down my neck and my jawline it looked like an alien glommed on to me!! Sometimes I get a rash from sweating and being out in the sun XD
I know how you feel, I have eczema too. :( um....does a mild allergy count? xD

I have asthma, but it comes in a seven year cycle. I used to have it really bad and spent much of the first 3 years of my life in hospital on breathing machines. But by the time I was 6, it had completely disappeared. Or so I thought. I'm coming to the end of being 13. In the middle of last year my asthma began to come back, it's now mild again. I haven't suffered any attacks and am only occasionally needing my medication but I have a feeling it's going to come back bad again soon.

Other than that, I'm a healthy girl ^_^

I have an obsessive compulsive....thingy that make me buy duplicates of a ton of stuff, mostly shampoo and toiletries, and also dollhair and my little pony baits for my hobbies, because I am kinda terrifyed that they will run out..

It's so bad that I can't stop thinking about it if I need to buy something because I'm so worried that I'm going to run out. It's really strange I know but it's the same if I have a hobby I will buy LOTS of something to do with that hobby, and I won't stop until I'm like okay, it's time to stop and I force myself to stop. :babytchi:

And I horde stuff an insane ammount. I'm not sure I would consider it a disorder but it does affect my life XD

I have Schizophrenia, Manic depression, Anxiety, Post traumatic stress disorder, paranoia (which falls hand in hand with schizophrenia, lol), ocd, adhd, and possibly bipolar. I also have the emotional capacity of a 12 year old, even though I'm twenty. Sometimes, I hate my disorders, but at the end of the day they are a part of me and I'd be a lot less interesting without them lol. The meds make me slow down and I dont like taking them, but I'm much easier to get along with on them and I dont act so strange. What can you do lol :)

I go to counseling every two weeks, and take meds for them. I am unable to work, so I have to keep busy by walking our dogs, going on forums, and playing with my tama and playing the sims. Usually, it's ok, as long as I remember to keep reality in check and to take my pills. My family helps a lot, like with keeping stress down and stuff. It used to be bad, but I've kinda got it under control now. It keeps life interesting, lol.

I kind of find myself blessed, because it could be so much more worse. I try to look on the bright side of things, and I like to help others who are going through things like me as well. It helps to have someone fighting for you who understands what it's like to have these things happen to you. :)

Wow. I'm glad you have a great support system in your family. You're really strong for not letting your circumstances define or control your outlook on life :3. People have ended their lives over much less

I have Schizophrenia, Manic depression, Anxiety, Post traumatic stress disorder, paranoia (which falls hand in hand with schizophrenia, lol), ocd, adhd, and possibly bipolar. I also have the emotional capacity of a 12 year old, even though I'm twenty. Sometimes, I hate my disorders, but at the end of the day they are a part of me and I'd be a lot less interesting without them lol. The meds make me slow down and I dont like taking them, but I'm much easier to get along with on them and I dont act so strange. What can you do lol :)
The bolded part is exactly how I feel about my Asperger's. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't be me, would I? I'd just be a different me, and who knows how different I'd be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back