Do you have a dysfunction/disorder/disease...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does having irritable bowel syndrome count anyway?....

Cool, you have synesthesia. I read a book about that. So, do you have colored hearing, or taste or what? Just curious.
(is it The Name of This Book Is Secret?)

Ever since I read that book, I've wanted to know the exact same thing, whether the book embellishes some parts of synesthesia or not?

Mild eating disorder, but it hasn't turned very serious at all. Working on it... ^_^

Today my life changes for the worse.

Back in summer my jaw would click when I opened it. I was diagnosed with TMJ. The doctor said it would get better in time since I'm young.

Now I can only open my mouth halfway. I can only fit two fingers inside. I have Lock Jaw Syndrome. I've never experienced a physical impairment, besides scratches and bruises that everyone gets sometimes. Also, my jaw hurts. It rediculously hurts.

So, I can barely fit a spoon in my mouth. I can't brush my teeth. I can't yawn. I can't chew. The most heartbreaking loss; I can't sing properly.

I've been training for singing opera for years. I have a five octave range (for those who don't know what that means, basically I can sing those notes Mariah Carey is famous for). I visit a personal vocal coach every week. I've even had the title role in a folk opera to put on my resume. And now I can't open my mouth to properly sing vowels. It could potentially be fixed with several surgeries and therapy, but even then it may go back to being locked after a month.

I can't stop crying. I can't accept this.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png This is now my life.

Today my life changes for the worse.

Back in summer my jaw would click when I opened it. I was diagnosed with TMJ. The doctor said it would get better in time since I'm young.

Now I can only open my mouth halfway. I can only fit two fingers inside. I have Lock Jaw Syndrome. I've never experienced a physical impairment, besides scratches and bruises that everyone gets sometimes. Also, my jaw hurts. It rediculously hurts.

So, I can barely fit a spoon in my mouth. I can't brush my teeth. I can't yawn. I can't chew. The most heartbreaking loss; I can't sing properly.

I've been training for singing opera for years. I have a five octave range (for those who don't know what that means, basically I can sing those notes Mariah Carey is famous for). I visit a personal vocal coach every week. I've even had the title role in a folk opera to put on my resume. And now I can't open my mouth to properly sing vowels. It could potentially be fixed with several surgeries and therapy, but even then it may go back to being locked after a month.

I can't stop crying. I can't accept this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qKwSso89Y This is now my life.
This is horrible. I feel so sad for you and I really hope that this will work out for you.

Please tell me if you'd prefer me not to, but I'd like to pray for you... :mellow:

I pray for a lot of people every day, whether I know them or not, so don't take it as if I'd be weirdly singling you out or anything ^_^ . Your story just touched me.

Jesus healed a dysfunction in my vocal cords this fall when some friends prayed for me. He's a saviour and can heal people. He does not take offense even if you don't believe in his existance. :p

This is horrible. I feel so sad for you and I really hope that this will work out for you.

Please tell me if you'd prefer me not to, but I'd like to pray for you... :mellow:

I pray for a lot of people every day, whether I know them or not, so don't take it as if I'd be weirdly singling you out or anything ^_^ . Your story just touched me.

Jesus healed a dysfunction in my vocal cords this fall when some friends prayed for me. He's a saviour and can heal people. He does not take offense even if you don't believe in his existance. :p
Oh, thank you so much ♥ Please, do. I need strength from the lord more than ever right now.

I think I found out what's wrong with me...some kind of anxiety disorder.

difficulty reciprocating friendly gestures

second-guess ourselves

have difficulty finding the courage to respond

make a huge deal out of the smallest things

they will anticipate being judged

try not to take their reactions (or lack thereof) personally (this is in the "things you can do for a friend with an anxiety disorder" part, in case you got confused here, yeah I often find that I don't know how to react or respond properly in most social situation things so people find my reactions "disappointing" or something I don't even know)

Guys, that's me in a nutshell.

P.S. This (x) is the source, I saw it on my dash on Tumblr

I know I already posted here several times but they didn't make any sense, so I'll try again! :lol:

I have high functioning Autism, but it's not Asperger's. My main symptoms are:

- Sensitivity to sound. (I have to wear earplugs through the school day unless it's quiet) Strangely enough, when I listen to music at a loud volume or a loud video on Youtube, it doesn't bother me at all! :eek:

- I tend to stim but I only do it if I'm listening to Touhou music or something like that. Of course I don't stim in public or at school, I only do it when I'm in my room. What happens is I just jump around the room for a couple seconds then I go back to my bed. but it's nothing serious like hand flapping. (I don't do that, in case you where wondering)

-I don't look people straight in the eyes. (This isn't a case for a couple of people and my parents, though.)

-My voice is pretty weird and some people say I talk like a robot, but idk if that's because of my Autism...

And that's pretty much it, I hope this made more sense this time.... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm someone who uses computer and internet sometimes more than 24 hours at one time and yet I do admit that the anxiety problems in teens is internet's fault.

After doing any Physical Activity, I get really tired. It has been there for ages. Everytime I finish Swimming, I have to lay on the bed for 2 hours. It has gotten serious now because I have body pains and extra tiredness. I'm recovering now, though. This happened last year and the year before. I also have sensitivity to sound, when I hear big fireworks on bonfire night, I run home and stay there because the sound damages my ears.

I think I found out what's wrong with me...some kind of anxiety disorder.

difficulty reciprocating friendly gestures

second-guess ourselves

have difficulty finding the courage to respond

make a huge deal out of the smallest things

they will anticipate being judged

try not to take their reactions (or lack thereof) personally (this is in the "things you can do for a friend with an anxiety disorder" part, in case you got confused here, yeah I often find that I don't know how to react or respond properly in most social situation things so people find my reactions "disappointing" or something I don't even know)

Guys, that's me in a nutshell.

P.S. This (x) is the source, I saw it on my dash on Tumblr
That may be likely. If you feel continuously bad, please tell someone in real life. I have some family members with serious anxiety disorders, and now they have to take medication for them, but one of them still won't drive over bridges or drive on the highway, and has actual anxiety attacks. Please don't be afraid to talk about the problems with a real person, as merely talking about the issue to someone can help soften, and sometimes even relieve, disorders like these. I hope your condition improves.

Well, I just took a depression test online and it said I have a high chance of having cyclothymia, and a moderate chance of most other types of depression.

However, I'm not really sure how accurate the diagnosis is, since it says "informational purposes only," and the test seems to be pretty paranoid about depression.

So, not really sure (one of my family members was severely bipolar). [i took the test at depressedtest.com]

But I am inclined to believe that everyone experiences some type of disorder at some point in their life. With help from someone, they will often pass. :)

I used to be allergic to

Eggs

Prawns (shrimp)

Peanuts

Beef

Tomatoes

Apples

But now I'm allergic to nothing :D

Go go anxiety AND schizoprhenia.

So if you read my southparkkenny fan, I'm still suffering from it, yadayada yada.

My schizophrenia's really bad too. Sometimes I lash out at people and make them cry. Candycaneloverdawnhikari/SSara has a mild case too.

I'm a recovering anorexic. At my lowest I was about 5 stone (70 pounds) That was when I was 22.

I've been diagnosed with visual snow, when I was little I called them 'Pin-flys' and my parents thought I was hallucinating so they took me to a doctors and I got diagnosed. Visual Snow is more of a irritation than anything else.

I've been a sufferer of severe nightmares and night terrors since I was about 5, and my boyfriend hates it. In terms of nightmares, I think it has a name, but sometimes when I wake up I can still see the image in front of me for a few minutes, it's awful.

Making another post just to clarify some things... I wasn't able to properly explain things, but I'll give it one more shot; here goes nothing. I always suspected I had a mental disorder but I never really took myself seriously and sorta just shrugged it off. But recently I just, well I had to rethink this and well... I have reason to believe that I have OCD, SAD and GAD. I googled all of them. The OCD is the absolute worst. I googled it, I have every single freaking symptom. I'm serious. There was a footnote on it, though, that said “Just because you have all the symptoms does not necessarily mean that you have OCD, you only have OCD when it interferes or interrupts your life or your daily routine” well, something like that, I didn't get the quote right but that's basically what it meant. You might use this in an argument against me but, the thing is, it does. The reoccurring thoughts and images, they're horrible, I'm telling you. I hate it when the thoughts come when I'm reading a book, I have to really fight to concentrate and it was just getting to the good part, ugh. Or during morning assembly when I'm singing the national anthem. Or even when I'm talking to someone and then it makes me mutter words under my breath and... You get the idea, it's basically like those pop-up ads that appear out of nowhere and they just annoy the crap out of you and CAN I JUST READ MY BOOK AND SING AND TALK IN PEACE, PLEASE? I thought for a really long time that my brain was just “weird” and that I'm really like that, as in naturally like that and there's really something wrong with me. Turns out to be a mental disorder, not as uncommon as I thought too, well hooray for me. Also the patterns thing; making sure stuff are aligned and follow a specific pattern, noticing patterns, not liking stuff that aren't aligned properly, and checking and double checking things just to make sure they're there even though you just checked, constantly washing my hands, keeping things even though they seem unnecessary just in case you need it because there is a chance you'd need it in the future but they're really unnecessary and basically junk and trash and stuff but you just keep it anyway.

For the SAD, Social Anxiety Disorder, I always associated this with me being “too shy” or “really socially awkward” but I'm starting to wonder... I googled this too. I have symptoms that I didn't even know were symptoms, those little things about myself I didn't really notice. Like blushing. I blush really easily. My hesitation to approach someone, my chest just freezes up and my mind goes blank and I just end up standing there not knowing what to do. Even just the thought of approaching someone makes my chest freeze up and I have a hard time calming down. Just typing this makes me either hyperventilate or have restricted breathing. (not anything major, though, just really minor stuff, I'm still alive don't worry about me ok) This is the “tightness in chest” symptom, I guess. Then those times in class when I'd suddenly feel really really hot on my face, neck and back and I'd wonder why no one else noticed that the room grew hotter. Mind reading (not real psychic mind reading stuff, mind you, that's just what they call it) assuming that everyone else thinks of you the same negative way you think of yourself. Afraid of being judged, that's really me. I always feel like they're staring at me and judging me and they think I'm weird and stupid and I just feel useless... I also have difficulty keeping eye contact with people. I was never really social in the first place but finding out that I'm not just a “socially awkward penguin” and that I actually do have SAD... I don't really see the need to socialize anyway, I don't even bother anymore. I'm not even trying anymore because it's pointless, I mean we have zero of the same interests. I prefer those sci-fi adventure books and they like overrated cheesy romance novels, ok. There's a lot more than that, but I respect their different interests; they can like what they like, yeah sure go ahead and like stuff, but I really doubt we'd ever become close friends with a rift that big. I have Tumblr and Adam's music so I don't need them anyway. (Ouch, yeah I know, I'm sorry but it's true they never bothered to even try to understand I'm pretty sure what they only "hang out" with me out of pity)

Well, for GAD, generalized anxiety disorder, I actually confused this with paranoia. Really sorry about that mix up. I thought being anxious about events and stuff was paranoia, like you're paranoid everything is gonna go wrong. Turns out paranoia is more of an “everyone is out to get me” kind of thing. Again, I'm really sorry for that. It is normal to get butterflies before giving a speech in front of a huge crowd or something, yes. But people with GAD would worry about events like that several months in advance. Dude, I even worry about that stuff several months after. Yeah... I know I should probably tell someone about this mental disorder stuff but I won't. I do not want to. That would really just stress me out even more. I do not want to draw attention to myself by telling someone because it would only yield either of the two results: “OMG SHE HAS A MENTAL DISORDER SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE RIGHT AWAY HURRY TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL WE NEED A DOCTOR IN HERE GUYS SHE HAS A MENTAL DISORDER WHERE'S THE DOCTOR WHEN YOU NEED ONE GUYS HURRY SHE HAS A MENTAL DISORDER!!!1111!!!!” or “No, you don't have a mental disorder, you're just making yourself think you do or you're pretending so you can get attention” so no I will not tell anyone. I hate attention. Please just go away. It's like when I'm in a car then I get dizzy and feel like I have to puke but I'm not 100% sure that I really am going to puke. I have two choices, it's either I tell them about it or just keep quiet. I'm risking puking all over myself or everyone in the car staring at me, waiting for a puke that will never come. I opt for keeping quiet, I really hate false alarms and I am not risking it. You might ask me, if I don't want to draw attention to myself, if I don't want to tell anyone, then why did I post this? That is a perfectly reasonable and understandable question. It's because you don't know me personally and there's a pretty much zero percent chance that you'd meet me in real life, and you have more chance of understanding this than the people I know because I had time to organize my thoughts and type this out instead of you listening to me stuttering and fumbling with words; trying to explain but I can't seem to find my voice and the SAD kicks in. One of the main reasons why the internet is better than consulting someone I know, because no one else would understand, this is why I find solace on the internet. I'm that person no one understands but they think they do. No, just go away. There is more to that shy awkward stupid weird girl who is “too addicted” or “too obsessed”, or whatever the heck you want to call it, to her laptop or the internet or whatever. (but I pretty much only use it for Youtube to listen to Owl City now, honestly, because I don't have an ipod; I do use it for Tumblr on the weekends, tho)

Oh yeah and for the anorexic thing well, yeah I guess I'm not but I have been described as anorexic because I'm really underweight I'm like 23 kg and I'm turning 14 in April but yeah I guess I'm not

I also have a short attention span, it might be ADHD but yeah it probably isn't.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes and or spelling mistakes and the run-on sentences, comma splices and stuff, by the way.

Please take me away from here.

Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

If we dissolve without a trace would the real world even care?

I'll miss you with all my heart but I'd rather be alone.

Am I home or am I simply tumbling all alone?

'Cause we wasted all our free time alone.

If I strap my helmet on I'll be long gone 'cause I've been dying to leave.

I feel colder when I walk alone.

Chasing rainbows on my own.

I'm alone above the atmosphere.

sources: x x x x x x

Because of lack of paragraphs I couldn't force myself to read all of this, but what I was able to read I can only think that you need help...

Making another post just to clarify some things... I wasn't able to properly explain things, but I'll give it one more shot; here goes nothing. I always suspected I had a mental disorder but I never really took myself seriously and sorta just shrugged it off. But recently I just, well I had to rethink this and well... I have reason to believe that I have OCD, SAD and GAD. I googled all of them.
I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but it is usually not a good idea to diagnose yourself. We are usually completely off because, for one, we do not have the proper training to diagnose people, and secondly, we don't see ourselves very clearly. There is a great amount of bias that we hold against ourselves, and we are actually always a lot more "normal" than we think. It takes a lot to be considered "abnormal" in the realm of psychology, otherwise EVERYONE would have a disorder, and it would be sort of counterproductive to the point, if you know what I mean. You should probably get professional help and take care of it there. Google is not really the place for these things, except to get broad and inconclusive information.

Anyways, I have PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and I HAVE been diagnosed, and I am working on it now. Nothing else too bad though. :) It's kind of interesting to see how supportive people here are of this though - I'm studying psychology, so this is kind of interesting for me!

Bluegreen, I strongly advise speaking to a therapist or some other professional.

Ask your parents by saying something like, "mom, I need to get my feelings sorted out. Can I visit a therapist?" This is a good way to approach it as a person who is worried about what others will think because girls your age are known to have troubles with how they feel. You need to work up all your courage to ask your parent about this.

I took a depression test at depressedtest.com and it said I have a very high chance of cyclothymia.

I am not sure how reliable this site is but it is a good resource anyway.

When you speak to a therapist tell them everything as they will not tell anyone else what you said, not even your parents. Therapists are a great thing even for people who don't have a disorder. Talking to someone about this can actually start healing you. It will help you get a real diagnosis.

If you don't get help you will be stuck in an eternal limbo not sure if you have a disorder or not/which one, but if you get help you can get a diagnosis and a cure.

If you go to the therapist and get it sorted out things will be much easier from there.

And there are many teen and depression support forums out there, many of them staffed with psychiatrists. You can try getting information from those as well.

I know it's hard to talk to people about this. I have many of the same problems you have but if you talk to people, and it takes much effort, your life will be so much better!

And if it is too hard to talk, then write a quick note to your parents, then write down and rehearse what you will say to them. You, like me, are great at writing. Writing your feelings in a journal will help.

Good luck, and stay strong! <3

Source: my weird crazy life. And I am interested in how brains work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back