Do you have glasses

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't decide if I want contacts for the summer or not.. I do love my glasses, they suit me. Contacts would be pretty interesting to try out. But I can't get over the fact of putting a small plastic-like thingy on my eyeballs. o.x

No, I haven't gone for an eye-test for a long time. I wouldn't mind having glasses, actually. Glasses look pretty on girls. (And boys)

I actually have an eye doctor appointment today to get an exam, new contacts, and new glasses. I have the monthly contacts and I'm completely out of them. I started wearing contacts and this time last year and I LOVE them. I honestly look a lot better in contacts as opposed to glasses and they are so comfortable. My glasses are more than two years old and my vision is progressively getting worse, so now they're weak for me and I need a stronger prescription. I really hate the frames I chose back in eighth grade and I refuse to wear my current glasses, so I'm going to make sure I pick a pretty frame this time :x I love my contacts and I think I'd like my glasses if I actually liked my frames. Except my face is sunburn right now and wearing my glasses would be painful, haha.

[SIZE=8pt]I love my glasses. They're fun to have. I often find myself pushing them onto the bridge of my nose so that I *FEEL* cool xD. They're fun to have in my case, I try to make them entertaining. Kids at school are always asking to try them on and want them so.[/SIZE]

And I've had contacts... no fun. They were hard for me to take out, and I find it digusting you have to actually touch your eye. There's all types of problems too. You have to wash your hands every time you put them in and take them out, you can't fall asleep with certain ones in, they need drops, they dry up. They're a lot to handle.

I've had glasses since I was 6 and I HATEEEE them. So when I was eleven I got contacts and they're so much better! I don't even wear my glasses out of the house anymore. The only people who are allowed to see my in glasses are my family and my friends at a sleepover.

So my suggestion to you is that if you hate you're glasses a lot you should try contacts. They're kind of expensive but they help if you play a sport or feel uncomfortable wearing glass in public (like me XD).

glasses make me look weird, but i am getting new glasses may 2011 and they will be red instead of blue, i'm excited

I don't wear glasses as of now, but I will probably need them later on, as bad sight runs in both sides of the family.

I'm on my third pair of glasses. I've had purple, red, and now blue. Except, I don't wear them. I wear my contacts. Which, I'm trying to get used to because I haven't been wearing them like I'm supposed to. (Oops.)

Getting my new, rectangular, brown, think framed onessss on Wednesday!!!!

Buziiin like a bee! :furawatchi:

Yes, I do. I like them. You just have to find the right style to complement your face. :) I also wear contacts but they're a hassle sometimes so I mainly wear my glasses these days.

I have glasses I'm supposed to be wearing, but I get away with not wearing them most of the time.

The exception is when I'm playing FFXIII and I can't see the tiny print on the screen without standing a foot away from the television set. XP

Evie

Yep, I have glasses for long distance. I only wear them for school so I can see the board. I've looked out the window wearing them and everything so detailed and beautiful! Same thing with inside.

I like wearing them to see, but they make my eyes itchy and feel like their burning.

I wore glasses when I was a kid, until I got old enough to get contacts. Then, about 5 years ago, I found out I had cataracts. I had the lenses in my eyes replaced, and laser surgery done at the same time, and so now have 20/20 vision. I think glasses and contacts are just a crutch. Get the laser surgery,and fix the problem for good.
I've thought about getting lasik quite a bit but I think even if I were to have it done I would still wear my glasses with fake lenses instead of real. I prefer the way I look with glasses compared to without them, lol.

Eeeen! My parents finally gave in! I'm getting contacts! I went to the eye doctor like two weeks ago, and we ordered them. I have "special" eyes, so they said they wouldn't come for like four weeks. Hopefully I'll get them soon. About 2 more weeks to go, and I'm so excited!!! I look as ugly as can be in my glasses. I absolutely can't stand them, so I'm super excited.

I still can't decide if I want contacts for the summer or not.. I do love my glasses, they suit me. Contacts would be pretty interesting to try out. But I can't get over the fact of putting a small plastic-like thingy on my eyeballs. o.x
Trust me, you get over it quickly. When you put in contacts (if you have the soft kind, i've never had hard ones) it doesn't even feel like you're touching your eye because the contact is there, and it doesn't feel like anything when its in. And since I've had them they've made them even thinner so they are even more comfortable. First time i put them in, i was kinda like, 'wow, that's it? cool!'. so it was a good choice. no one can tell the difference if you have contacts in, plus you can get colored ones, which is always fun. Even though i have dry eyes i don't find contacts uncomfortable, there's really no difference between wearing them and not. The only thing you have to be careful of is rubbing your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back