Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 11 so mine was a v4.5 I saw the toy in the guineas book of world records and I was immediately hooked :D

My first Tama was a Tama Connection V2 with jelly beans all over a red shell. I don't have it anymore cause I let someone borrow it, and they never gave it back. :(

I got one of the original Tamagotchis for christmas when I was 7. It was purple with a green snake around it. No idea where it is now though! I'm hoping it'll turn up again someday :)

The very first vpet I've ever had was an Apollo 8 in 1 Pet, that looked like this:
5634180_S7304018.JPG

I got it for Christmas when I was like 4 or 6, don't remember exactly, but I loved it with all my heart. I always raised a puppy in it and it was adorable. <3

As for the Tamagotchis, the first one I've had was a white and black v3, that my dad brought me from Paris when I was 13-14 years old and I still have it, although now it looks a little bit different. xDDD

Yup! It was a V3 with the zebraprint. I didn't know how complicated the growth charts were though. When I finally (after several years) found out how it all worked I tried to find it but never did. :(

Edit: Forgot the 'it', sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
It bugs me that not only do I not remember which Tamagotchis I bought first. I don't even remember what color they were. The only color I remember was a red and green one. I guess because I bought several at once they all kind of blurr together. I wish I had kept them.

Yes, I remember it well, i have stuck with Tamagotchi since the P1

My first tama was white and blue, i have most of them still, and have stuck with tamagotchi for the whole 15 years or so. The only problem is that they aren't so popular in Australia, and i doubt they will ever be in shops here again.

I'm now 30 and just bought an english ID L

I lost my P2 somewhere :s I should replace it sometime.

Man, I remember my first tama like it was yesterday.

I was like 7 or 8 and I got a V4 from this really fun toy store that's closed now. It was yellow and had this red sun in the corner and I was so excited. I started it up and it was a boy. I can't remember what I named him, but he grew into a Mohitamatchi then a Obotchi and finally a Masktchi. He worked at a food place and died when he was 5 or 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first ever Tamagotchi was a P2 handed down to me by a family friend. I was six years old at the time and I didn't have the slightest clue on how to use it. A friend taught me how to use it, and, well, the rest is history. I am now the proud owner of 51 tamagotchis of many different versions and a lot of other V-Pets. :)

I remember getting my first Tama like it was yesterday. I was going to be in grade 4, I had some money and my mother took Nazotchi25 and I to Toys R' Us. My first one was a V3 with a Green Alligator Skin. Now I gave Nazotchi25 all my Tamas because I simply don't have time. I do miss them.

I still remember my V4 pink and white design!

I think I had a V5.5 celebrity as well.

I remember raising a Maskatchi (Because I had no idea how to raise a tamagotchi) on my V4. :p :ph34r:

-Tamacass

I had the really old Tamagotchi 2 from 1997, I think it was. It was green with black and yellow on it. I bought it myself. That Tama has been long gone for ages, but I have some of the newer ones, now.

I sure do! It was a magenta V2 with purple and yellow hibiscus flowers. All my friends had been playing with tamagotchis for 1 or 2 years, and my friend gave me this V2 when she didn't want it anymore. I was thrilled, and played with it every day, until I lost it :(

It was when tamagotchies came out again in the 2000s I was in the fifth grade the v1 green one loved that one a lot. I was like 4 and remember getting one at mcdonalds in 98

I bought my first Tamagotchi from KB Toys in the summer of 1997, right after I finished 6th grade. Thinking back to that time now, I can honestly say it's one of my favorite memories from my childhood. I loved my Tama so much and I still love it today. The full story behind my almost two decade obsession with virtual pets is on my blog.

Here's my Tama, along with its receipt (that I'd kept for reasons of future nostalgia). As seen in the photo, it's dated 6/27/97. :wub:

tamaoriginal_receipt_700_zps5d640ea2.jpg

It's been sitting safely inside its original box for many years. I only recently took it out of the box for these photos.

tamaoriginal_box_700_zps82778d91.jpg

I was a bit late on the whole Tamagotchi thing. I got my first one from my bestfriend when I was 17. I've had it for 3 years now :) It's a V3

9a766t.jpg

Latest posts

Back