Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember my first! It was glitched and didn't work properly, but I kept wanting to get more :D I was so excited!

Yep! I was 5. (Or 6...) It was a V3 (I think...) I named it Danny (Probably...) It lived to be 29 (Or maybe longer...) Lol so I'm not that sure

Of course I remember my first tamagotchi... It was in November of 2004 when I got my first Connection, version 1. I was the second person in my fifth-grade class to get one, and it was pale pink with red buttons. Oh, I had the greatest time with that tamagotchi! It survived being debugged probably 3 or 4 times, it had been frozen in the car, dropped so many times it lost the back cover and the B button broke and came out. It's in awful shape now, there isn't much left of it at all. If I had the time I'd take apart my other tamas to get parts to fix it, but I don't even have a battery for it. Oh, good times.

I remember being so happy when I got my pink ribbons v3. I was so dedicated to it and brought it everywhere. Now all the buttons are punched in and it doesn't work anymore, but it's still my favourite.

My first tamagotchi was a Version 2 with lips and lipstick on it. It was a light pink colour. I had to ask for it for two years until I was "old enough" (7 years old) to get one. Before I got my own, I used my aunt's old tama. Did you know ppl used to trade them at my school until they were banned?

I remember my first. I was walking around our townhouse community (I was in grade 6) and saw a younger girl with a little keychain game. I asked what it was and she said a tamagotchi. i asked if she had any she would sell and i bought my first purple V1 tama from her. Ive liked them ever since.

Oh man my first Tama was a P1 Black and Orange I got it when I was in middle school back in 1997. I'd been BEGGING my mom for it since I saw the commercial on TV and I remember I did all my chores and mowed lawns and raked leaves until I finally earned it. I loved that thing since I wasn't allowed to have real pets haha. The keychain it came on broke off my jeans belt loop tho and some kids were kicking it around the cafeteria. I got it back from the cafeteria attendant but it was already busted and I was devastated. I think I still have the broken unit at my parents house somewhere.

I can't remember if I had a tamagotchi back in the 90's. I had 11 v-pets and I can't remember all of them. I just remember my first v-pet being a Red Rakuraku Dinokun that my parents brought back from some vacation they went on without me. Dinkie Dino has always been my favorite and I had the same one up until recently. I couldn't find it so I bought a new one in yellow.

I did, however, buy a translucent orange v3 Tamagotchi when they first came out, but I kept getting Gozarutchi (3 generations of him) and thought that was boring so I gave it to my guy friends, who probably broke or lost it.
sad.gif

You know, I had a Dinkie Dino that I remember winning out of a gumball machine but I'd never seen them before or after that. Were they common in the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 6 years old. I wanted a tama very badly, but when I asked my mother for one, she said no because she didn't like the concept of the game. But eventually, one day I returned from school and my mum said : I got a surprize for ya!! And it was my first tama!!! A white whith cracked colors v2!!! It was love on the first sight!!! :pochitchi:

I really only have one memory of my Tamagotchi, and that was in the late 90's when I was 3 or four. I was walking around a store, maybe Target, and I was talking to it lol. Aaah, I miss that thing.

yes It was a v2 and evolved into hanatchi :hanatchi: which I think was a good care (pls correct me if i'm wrong)

I loved it and for the first month I had no idea there even was a pause button!

but I lost it in an air port :angry: :-(

if your out there v2 I'm SORRY!!!!!!!!

(my dad got me a v3 as a replacement ever since then collect collect collect)

I remember my first Tamagotchi... ^_^

One of the best days of my life.

I was a bit younger, with my Dad in 'Fred Myers.'

I saw it, not knowing what it was, but obsessed at first sight.

I didn't have any money at the time, so like any other kid, I BEGGED him for it.

He's like, "Yeah, okay, whatever."

I'm like, "Yay."

Then we went out of the store...

Where is this story going again...?

Oh, yeah, one of the best days of my life! ^_^

Hm. I remember it quite vividly. Though I'm not really proud about how I got it. :(

It was Summer, and it was the dawn of Tamagotchi-mania here in Switzerland.

I was about 8 years old back then. Me and a dozen other friends hated this one girl that did everything to humiliate some of us. She always had the newest gadgets and whatnot. So we decided; Let's steal that Yellow and Orange device from her; Her V2 Tamagotchi. -_-

I did not participate in the stealing. But my best friend did, and he gave it to me, because...Well, because!

I felt pretty bad about it, I mean, stealing isn't good, and it's sad for the girl, despite the fact that I hated her. But apparently she got a new one 2 days later, and thought I would keep it. (I'd like to remind you I was 8, I was pretty selfish).

So, I was on it all day, I really loved it. I made tons of new friends thanks to that Tamagotchi. But a few months later, it's battery got weak. And being the 8 year old girl I was, I didn't know batteries could be replaced. And I didn't even think the back could be opened.

So what did I do? Well I slammed it on the floor of course! :D

BIIIIP. It turned on as I did that, and so, every time the screen went blank, I threw it on the hard floor. I still remember it bouncing twice my height once.

Eventually, a few weeks later, the V3 came out and everyone rushed to the shops to buy one.

I didn't love it was much as the V2. And still, after all the Tamas I've tried, no tamagotchi compares with the V2 whom I've loved so dearly. :wub:

I was in the 3rd grade when the original tamas came out, and I had no idea what it was. One of my friends would let me play with hers in the 5th grade, but I never understood it because I was into my Nano double at the time. A few years later at a different friends house, I saw the same white p1or 2 not sure in her desk drawer and I asked if it still worked. She didn't know and didn't want it anymore and said if I wanted it I could have it...(I was in the 7th grade around that time). So I took it home and played and played. Over the years as they were released, I bought them a few at a time. Back in '08 I started selling off all of my v1s and v2s and now I regret it. I also sold the white tama that was given to me because it had alot of wear and scratched from the previous owner. I took the money from the tamas I sold and purchased a nice clear blue/green p1 or 2 I cant tell the difference..Now I am only missing v1 from my collection. I have all the others :)

I think it was in 2006...It was a glow in the dark v4, which my sister gave to me, since she had lots. But then after a month, I got bored and gave it back to her, unfortunately. -_-

And people wonder why I still have all my digital pets. (In a proud working order) Some maybe missing pieces or have some play bruises... Those memories with them, are pretty important to me. I really appreciate the day I met my first digital pet... Which I believe was my Tama or a Compu Kitty (Giga)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remeber getting my first Pink V2 at Walgreens and seeing everyone at school have at first i thought it was over rated but then i got one and I haven't stopped likeing them! thats why I have over 50 tama's.

Latest posts

Back