Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first was a tamagotchi V3 that I got in '06? in 5th grade, I bought it off ebay, and it came with a Violetchi lanyard and charm, the lanyard I lost the same year. My one friend gave me the same one a little while ago, so I rebooted my V3 and used that until I got my ID-L recently. I got almost all the tama's in between, except V4.5 and Music Star (Which I do still want, is it a good one?)

My first tama was a v4.5, Asian Invasion design I think it's called. I still have it. :)

And, yes the Music Star is good.

I remember I had just moved to a different state and I was talking to my friend from my old town on the phone. I was probably about 10 years old at the time. She asked if I had heard of Tamagotchis and I told her I hadn't, so she proceeded to tell me a little bit about them. It interested me a lot and I wanted one. I eventually saw the commercial and wanted one even more. It must've been around the holiday season.. I had told my dad how I wanted one and I remember quite vividly, one of the presents I hadn't opened yet was in a clothing box, so I was just like "oh it must be clothes or pajamas or something," and I opened it and sitting there in the box were two V1 Tamagotchis. I'm pretty sure these were the designs:

https://i52.tinypic.com/316pydh.jpg

https://tamafans.weeb...831/8894972.jpg

I was extremely happy xD and started them up that night. I loved those tamas, I grew so attached to them. A year or 2 later I ended up giving one to my friend and the other, this girl apparently lost them plus a couple other tamas I was letting her borrow, but oh well- I still had more tamas in my growing collection. xD A couple years ago I started to miss the V1's again and bought the same design as the second link up there (I probably would have gotten a different design but it was the only one I could find on ebay); it was so nice playing with a V1 again- so many memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first Tama when I was still in elementary school. I walked around a toyshop in my town's shopping center and spotted the Tamagotchi. I immediately asked my parents for it, since I have read the store catalouges that was given out free, to be honest, it was pretty interesting. So anyway, my first Tamagotchi was the V4 and I opened it up as soon as I got home. I couldn't remember the exact details of how I raised my Tama, but what I remembered is that I brought it to school also got my friends to join me raising my Tama. My teacher was also interested in the Tamagotchi, since she hardly ever saw something like that =)).

My first tama was a v3 I love it and still play with it I remember always getting hinotamatchi. My whole class loved them we would bring them to school and connect fun!! I remember when I got debatchi me and my freind called him Bucky and thought he was adorable. Tobad those days are over I never stopped playing. : )

My first tama was the pink Ice Cream cone design V3. I got it when I was in 5th grade, I remember it exactly. i had saved up to buy it with my siblings, and after our trip to the beach we ran into Wal-Mart all wet from swimming, grabbe the first one off the shelf and immediately opened it in the car. I was taking care of it in the library later that day, and I remember thinking the poop was a little alien friend, but that it mightve been bothering the tama, so i pressed all these buttons until i figured out what it was. I read the instructions after that... It was a boy, turned into mohitamatchi, i dont remember the teen stage, but its final stage was Megatchi. My mom took care of it while we were at school. It's name was "S", because I didnt realize not to press the center button too far. I dont remember what I intended to name it. we kept it for so long, and its generations lasted a while. I dont remember what they ended at though. I dont think I still have it, I mightve swapped it with a friend for a different one. My current V3 is one I've had for about 6 years now.

I remember my very first tama. It wasn't a real one, it was from some other brand and it was a little doggy (it wasn't a giga pet either).

I was being bullied a lot and I only had 1 friend in my whole classroom... Still I felt very lonely and i hated school.

At that time i think i was 8 years old, tamas were just released. My mom felt so sorry for me, because she went very often to my school to solve the problem with the bullies. But it didn't work, the teachers just didn't care...It was only 1 girl that was being bullied....so not that bad.... I cry even thinking about it.

I was being bullied in that school from day 1 (when I was 7) till the very, very last minute i had to go to school there (12 years old).

My mom got sick of it and wanted me to have a friend in the classroom that i could keep with me every single minute of the day.

so she bought that tama. I loved it so much and i kept it very close until i was 12. Then I went to a new school, made a lot of friends and tamas weren't allowed in that school...And over the years i lost my tama, and i've been searching it everywhere. I still hope that I will find it back someday...

He was my best friend and the only real good memory of that crappy school!!!

i remember when i was 9 when a huge tamagotchi craze happened at my summer camp. v3s were quite popular at the time & i remember going to walgreens and buying my first tamagotchi, but had no idea that it was v2. my character showed up as nazotchi on all of my friends' lists and i was so sad because i thought it was ugly :(

I remember mine well, it was a purple V1 with yellow and pink flowers on it. I had that and soon got 2 v3's, one green with flowers on and a blue camouflage one, a blue v4.5 and a purple one with stars on, I think, after that I kept on collecting, I had several of the same design and I used to swap designs with others at school. Now I just have a green v5 that a friend gave me (profile pic) and I may be getting a Tama-go soon.

my V1. i was in second grade, and my mom surprised me with it when i got home. then my 3 year old sister, months later, thought it would be okay to bite the buttons off of it. Dx but i bought another V1 on eBay a few years ago ^_^

I remember my first tamagotchi really well. It was june of 97 and i went to our local toys r us (which is now closed) to get something to entertain myself for the summer, saw p1 and p2 tama's there and bought a yellow/ blue border and button p2. I ended up buying many more after that one, sadly though he isn't working anymore but i did care for him for over 10 years when he finally gave out on me.

I remember my first tama I was about 6year old and I fell in love with this toy. And now Im 22 and nothing changed, except that now I have a TamaGo with is more developed than my previous tama:)

My first one was when I was young, I don't remember how old I was, but it was long enough to ago that I still had to go to my brother's baseball games (when I was about 11 1/12 my mom let me start staying home alone), so I have a sort of time reference. I couldn't keep that thing alive!! I think it made it to adulthood once, and then promptly died. I tried to take care of it, but I was only allowed to play with it during the summer and we travelled for my brother's baseball a lot so it got left in hotel rooms and well... You remember how quickly those first ones died!

Then in high school my friend and I found the connections and Toys R Us and bought them, excited not only to have a second shot at tamas but because they could INTERACT. It was sooooooo cool, haha.

Now I have a Music Star, a Tama-go, and now a Princess Spacey iD L on the way! I forgot how much I loved digital pets. I'm such a 90s kid... Does it show??

Yeah it shows on your nickname ! "Digigirl" ^^

My first one wasn't a Tamagotchi but some sort of virtual pet, a dog called puppy. I sooooooo loved it... I still have it though, but the sound doesn't work anymore. I remember my best friend had a tamagotchi angel. I wanted one, so I saved money (I was like 10 years old x) ) and I went to Toys R Us to buy one but....... they were out of stock :( (((( . 10 years later I finally bought one ! But meanwhile I had other ones : like my first tamagotchi connection ! It was white and yellow and i remember that when started to play with it I found it so nice. And now I have a collection of 25 + tamagotchis, and I'm 22. héhéhé

I was five and I saw a beautiful v5.5 and still have it running today oh and I'm 10 now.

I don't remember specifics exactly... But I still have it! It's managed to stick around for 15+ years.

I think I got it as a birthday present. I remember how unbelievably excited I was to unwrap it and find that distinctive Tamagotchi box there and reading all about how it was a tiny pet from cyberspace.

It was the P1 with a bright blue case, pink trim and yellow buttons. It still works but definitely shows just how loved it was.

My first Tamagotchi, good times :')

I can't remember exactly how old I was but I was about 6-7ish. This was at the height of the 'tamagotchi craze' back in England.

I remember everybody started buying Tamagotchis and my friend let me play on hers for a little before I bought my own. My Dad took me to a toy store and there were loads of rows with Tamagotchis in different designs and colors. I chose a purple V2 with white stars around it and I played with it for the remainder of the day before starting a 'Tamagotchi Club' at school with my friends the next day. Haha, life was so simple back then ^_^

My first ever tama was a translucent teal v3. (v3's were the first bandai tamagotchis in europe...)

We saw it in the Empik store (a store where you can buy books, games etc) and I had to have it, even though my aunt promised me to buy one already. So I was a star in school because of having two tamagotchis, ha.

And now I have 19 of them when nobody else is interested...

My first Tamagotchi was a Version 1 blue (https://ecx.images-am...L500_AA300_.jpg this one)- parents gave it to me as a present, probably for my birthday (I was about 5 or 6 years old). First tamagotchi was likely to be Kuchipatchi, but I can't recall 100%.

Loved my Tamagotchi so much- especially my second. I remember playing with my Tamagotchi on the way to the school assembly, but teachers were nearby and I had to name my new baby tama quickly. I made the name "Bal". Teachers then confiscated it.

I managed to snatch it back at the end of the day (one of the few times I wouldn't be a teacher's pet :p ) when he and his mother were near-death, but I looked after them and Bal grew into a Kuchipatchi. Since then, he was always my favourite Tamagotchi, and I'll remember those days fondly. *cough*even though i was a terrible owner*cough*

Latest posts

Back