Do you take it out in public?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually check on mine either in the car (obviously not while driving at the same time, haha) or in the restroom. I only take it out on the spot if I hear a beep.

Two years ago, on a road trip, we stopped at a fast-food place. I plopped my tamagotchi right onto the table just before hanging my jacket on the back of my chair and the waitress noticed it immediately. We had a great conversation and she told me that if she hadn't left hers home that day our tamas would have been friends.

I've had other past experiences as a child that weren't so great. I used to be obsessed with them when they first came out. I must have had at least 30 virtual pets (some tamas, some other ones) all hanging from a chain. People gave me weird looks all the time, especially in restaurants. And "Show-and-Tell" at school was a disaster.

I figure the people who make rude comments or weird faces and what-not are just jealous because unlike yourself, they don't have the guts to be who they really are in public, and would rather put on an act for the world.

But if one should require care when you're busy trying to impress someone important, like a boss, teacher, or even when meeting someone new who doesn't know you vey well yet, the following line works like a charm every time:

"Oh, this old thing? Ha, I've had it forever, my little cousin got me hooked on these things again! Remember them?"

Then next time you see them they'll say "Still hooked on those things?" and you can say "Yup, sure am!"Eventually, they'll get used to seeing you with one and it won't be an issue. But if this person chooses to make it an issue, well, it's their issue and not yours.

I take it out in public. :)

Heck, I take it out in school, and i'm going through middle school, when kids are the most judge-mental. Sometimes the kids are actually interested, some give me dirty looks when i have them, but whatever. Most kids just ignore it, and that's fine by me:) .

Anyway, yes, i take it out in public, hahaha :)!

Also, i'm sorry about the whole holy water incident.

"eww, that girl liek has a tamagaaaatchi thingy, that's like so fith gradea stuthss"

erm, yeah... right, whatever peeps!

high school every one is like Oh!!! you play with thoes?! thoes are so old!!! why do you have one? tamagatchis are so stupid! it just poops and dies!

grow up, I mean seriously?

when people ask what it is I say: oh a tamagotchi

person:...

Me: er, I kinda collect them?

person:... well what ever!

poor FullBlownWitch! wet clothes.... :p

"eww, that girl liek has a tamagaaaatchi thingy, that's like so fith gradea stuthss"

erm, yeah... right, whatever peeps!

high school every one is like Oh!!! you play with thoes?! thoes are so old!!! why do you have one? tamagatchis are so stupid! it just poops and dies!

grow up, I mean seriously?

when people ask what it is I say: oh a tamagotchi

person:...

Me: er, I kinda collect them?

person:... well what ever!

poor FullBlownWitch! wet clothes.... :p

I know right? One fiftth grader said: "Oooh. A tomagotcha? Those were so last year." And that boy was caught holding a Barbie doll. :D

Always.

My Tamagotchi is undoubtedly in my jacket pocket or my purse, I never, ever, every leave home without it.

My friend in art class always asks me what time it is, then without waiting for the answer reaches for my Tama because she knows I always have it. :)

I say never be ashamed of what you love. :D (actually I never say that but it's a good motto ;) )

yes I do (except school I never bring my tamagotchi to school) in fact one time I put the tamas on the table in a restraint because I was taking my jacket off and the waitress said " I remember those there called nans right?" :D she didn't know they were called tamagotchis lol

I did have my tamagotchi out in the beginning of the year, before I got to busy to play with them. I'm a freshman in high school now and this senior guy didn't even care I had it, he was all playing with it and stuff and we became best friends after that, but we aren't anymore...long story-ish XD

Anyways...

I do take my tamas out in public cause I don't give a crap what people think :D

(I swear these topics have been made at least 20x now)

I keep it out on a Tama lanyard or around my belt loop, and sometimes on the edge of my desk. Although there's this one girl I have to hide it from cuz she yells, 'OOOOO TAMAGOTCHIIIIII' and starts to feed it over and over ;____;

I do. When I was running one of my 4.5s i took it into the mall. One of the workers who knew me well (in claires, I went there all the time,) Ask me about it, and how she didn't think they still made them. I love bringing them out in public, so I don't have to pause them :)

Latest posts

Back