do you think that this could work?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

temari_sensei_girl

Reaction score
I've been thinking WAAAAYYYY too much recently. I've been having to go on long b-ball trips and I got this strange idea. Could the cure for cancer be the flu? I mean, it could work for most types of cancers, I mean, exept lukimia, heart, and brain cancer and stuff.

I'm guessing you're quite confused. "The flu?" you ask. Well, we've been studying about viruses and bacterial infections in science and I got to daydreaming (like always) and I asked myself the question. If the body natrually can fight off the cold and the cold destroys cells, would it destroy cancer cells, too? If it did, then the body would not only replace the infected cancer cells with heathy ones (hopefully) but the natural antibodies in the body would fight off the infection as well. The reason it wouldn't work for lukimia is simply because it infects the immune system it's self. The flu (or cold) would simply kill the victim because the body would only produce more infected cells. it wouldn't work for brain or heart cancer, because after those tissues have been destroyed they can't grow back. (or at least I think it doesn't)

Of couse, this would only work for early stages of cancer. I was wondering if there was anyone out there smarter than I am to tell me if this is a possibility or a total NON possibility.

(please, tell me what you think of it anyway. smart or not smart. thx!)

(one more thing, The virus would probebly also have to be injected into the body... You would think that it would be painful, tho... *shudder*)

Last edited by a moderator:
We studied this topic last year. It isn't a very likely possibility. While you seem to have you facts recognizableto the matter, the base of cancer and the base of the flu are too different to make your hypothesis true. (I could really get into some high level science with formulas, facts, lab notes from scientists, etc but my post would be very long and confusing, so I'll just leave it at that.)

Maybe it might, who knows? Talk to your teacher about it. They'll be able to tell you more. ; )

@dreapuppy - Thanks for spamming, it's a great help to all of us.

This is a serious issue. It's no laughing matter. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hm, im not sure this would work (for complicated scientific reasons >.<) but I wanted to note that injecting the flu virus wouldnt be as painful as you may think.

Have you ever had the flu shot? They inject a very small amount (usually dead i think) of the virus into you. Any other vaccination you have had is the same thing.

Hm, im not sure this would work (for complicated scientific reasons >.<) but I wanted to note that injecting the flu virus wouldnt be as painful as you may think.Have you ever had the flu shot? They inject a very small amount (usually dead i think) of the virus into you. Any other vaccination you have had is the same thing.
I know, but it would have to be alive, and it would have to be directly into the place where the cancer infection is located. That means that if you had leg cancer, you would have to have a giant needle stuck into the part of your leg with the cancer containing a LIVE virus. Of course it would probebly of a virus that you have (about 1 or 2 years before) already had a vaccination for. Otherwise you'd just die of the viral infection. You'd want your body to fight it off as well, but you also want it to try to infest the cancer cells.

Okay, I've talked with my science teacher about it and, man, you should have seen the smile on her face. She actually said that there was a current study going on about viral cures and that I should do some research on it. I haven't gotten around to it, but I'm going to throught the holidays.

Okay, I've talked with my science teacher about it and, man, you should have seen the smile on her face. She actually said that there was a current study going on about viral cures and that I should do some research on it. I haven't gotten around to it, but I'm going to throught the holidays.
Really? Well, maybe you should research it someday. Who knows? The future news headlines could be: temari_sensei_girl, scientific hero saves cancer patients! :eek:

You could be famous for finding the cure for cancer,and it'd be alot safer than radiotion(sry if i misspelled),or chemo. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back