Do you worry about your tamagotchi's value?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patchis-forest

Reaction score
whenever i look at my mesutchi i feel so bad for letting one of the screws strip so badly. :(

i tried to get my dad to get it out but he damaged the back, and still didnt get it out...

tumblr_inline_n6zc5mwqn81rc4cqp.jpg

i also have a broken v5, and my plus color is scratched to death.

when i look at these i think of how much more they would cost if i treated them better. at this point i think everyone is afraid of damaging their tamagotchis because of their value, to the point of not taking them out of the house. i guess i wouldnt feel so bad about playing with the broken v5, but none of my other ones.

do you think this mesutchi still would be worth money with a damaged back? do any of you regret rough treatment of your tamas? do you think about your tamas value, and do you avoid playing with your tamas for fear of damaging them?

There are several ways you can remove a stripped screw. Just search on Google for it. :)

Or in a nutshell, get a rubber band, place it on top of the screw, and unscrew away with your screw driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have tried a few methods, to avoid things getting worse, i think ill eventually get a jeweler to do it.

No, I don't really care about the value of my Tamagotchis. As long as they still work, I love them! I like playing with Tamagotchis, not caring how much they're worth :)

I sometimes feel guilty when I see my stuff getting scratched up etc, because I know that at this point there are a limited supply of certain versions and that it's not as simple as "ordering a new one" from the company anymore. At the same time, I feel like for me personally, I would rather play with mine comfortably than worry. Personally I don't mind scratches and I will buy used tamas that are even described as having scratches as long as it doesn't interfere with gameplay. At the same time, if I feel like I might eventually resell a version, then I get really paranoid about scratches. Most of my tamagotchis I wouldn't want to sell though. Most of the ones I have sold are the ones I didn't want from lots etc.

Nah, I don't worry too much. I just am careful with them, especially my Angelgotchi.

I don't worry about their value, but I do take care to store them in little pouches and removing the batteries when not in use. Some of them (like the Santaclautch, for example), are not played with on a continual basis. I value them enough to keep them in the floor safe we have, inside their totes. Some of them are becoming scarce, if not downright rare, so ordering a new one would not be an option. So take care of them.

i suddenly came to a realization about color tamagotchis and their prices. i used to think theyre too expensive, but because they use led lighting, i thought about the prices for many items with led lighting that i own... tv, computer, phone, ds, and thought about how expensive they are. color tama prices suddenly sound reasonable.

Ya I regreat for not taking good care of my tamagotchis (the virtual toy itself) like I scratched them, I dropped them, I cause the paint wear off, Also same expirence when fixing unresponsive buttons, detached the speaker and stripped a screw till had to break that screw part which harms the tamagotchi badly to get it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back