Does anyone else hate the Twilight series?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually never read any of the books. :p

My friends have been pressuring me to though, but I don't know... it's not really my thing.

The fangirls REALLY get on my nerves however... and are making me NOT want to read the books or see the movie. Especially this Edward thing.. arrrgh.

Well, I'm all for the books.

Just because kids are obsessed with them doesn't mean you shouldn't like them...

They are about love, thats why i like them.. [:

Team Edward. O:

I was obsessed.But I was obsessed before everyone else became obsessed.

It's a bit annoying to me how the Twilight fan base exploded this fall, before the release of the movie.

The book existed years before that, you know. :|

I read Twilight over a year ago.

And me and my buds at lunch became obsessed.

We'd verbally roleplay everyday.

It was so much fun. :]

The roleplaying always revolved around sexual relations with Edward.

And then torturing Edward.

Our favorite was ripping off all of his limbs, and then beating him with them. >8D

Oh, and we assigned all of the characters objects.

Bella was an obese orange.

Edward was an eggplant.

Laurent was a cereal bar.

Demetri was a cucumber.

Uh... I don't remember the rest. Those were the most popular ones. xD

And we designed our own Edward langerie line.

We were going to center it around dark themes - black, crimson, and silver.

And "EC" would be embroidered on every piece, in cursive and silver.

And of course, we were had, "Obsessive Compulsive Edward Cullen Disorder."

And I was the founder of the, "We Like To Picture Edward Cullen Naked Club."

x3333

But you know, after a few months we all grew out of it.

We still had all of these inside jokes we'd crack on a pretty much daily basis, but that was it.

I've read the book... uh... too many times to count. Dx

Probably around 8? 10? 12?

Something like that. x3

I went to the Breaking Dawn midnight release.

It was so much fun.

I finished BD in less than 24 hours after the release. :]

I saw the movie opening day.

But I've only seen it once, lawl.

Though I'm planning on getting it on my iPod once it's out. :p

I have one shirt.

I got it in like August though.

Before all of the 100000 other shirts came out. D:<

I abuse my Twilight books though.

At school, I throw them on the ground (In the snow outside), and start jumping on it and kicking it against the wall.

I love the looks I get. xDDD

You know what though?

The more and more and I read the book,

The more and more I love Jacob Black. :]

They're not bad.

They're entertaining.

The movie was entertaining.

I don't ask for some deep, complex book and plot.

I don't need that.

I just need something to keep me entertained.

I don't ask for more.

And that's what I got. :]

I'm not obsessed anymore.

Because I would automatically be classified as a, "fangirl." D:<

I was a fangirl before anyone else was a fangirl.

And I've gotton my enjoyment from them.

I've moved on now. :]

I do think it's gotten out of hand.

The posters, pins, key chains, necklaces, lunch boxes, etc etc etc.

Oh, and I saw TRADING CARDS at Hot Topic the other day.

Yes, TWILIGHT TRADING CARDS.

I think it's a bit ridiculous.

The Twilight video game is coming. I can guarantee it. Just you wait.

So, to make a long story short.

Yes I like them.

But I think it's gotten way out of hand.

EDIT: Typos. :]
-Claps-

I love you. LMFAO

Ugh, I hate that book series so much.

First 300 pages:

"I FRICKIN LUFF YEW, EDWARDO!!"

"But I'm dangerous!"

"WHO FLIPPIN CARES?!

Next 50 pages:

BASEBALL.

Last 100 pages:

"zOMGZ! It's JAMES! Who doesn't appear to have a last name!"

"I'll save you, Bella!"

Bella: *gets hurt*

"ZOMG! I'll save you, Bella!"

*the end*

:lol: I hate TWILIGHT!

Never read it ^^ But I'm planning on stealing borrowing my friends once shes done with it :D

They're okay.

I like the Twilight Series. Plus the Movie

I just finished reading BD frome the library about Two weeks ago.

Plus My mom just bought me the first book a few days ago, and I already bought NM in december of 08

Now I just need Eclipse, and breaking dawn. Then I'll actually have the books instead of relying on the library.

But I'm not obsessed.

To me its one of those "Oh hi, okay thanks bye" kind of things. Not really a big deal.

Like, one of those people you'd see in school, a person you'd occasionally get along with, but wouldn't hang out with all the time. You know?

Edward Cullen? Thats Nice Okay, Bye.

Jacob Black? Thats Nice. Okay, Bye

Yeah.

It was a good series while I was reading it. Without a book in front of me, though, I took the time to think over the plot and realized just how ridiculous it really was. x.o

The movie was fairly nice to watch, though, because you couldn't hear Bella's thoughts and Kristen didn't seem to do much. :3

A ridiculously trashy book, in my opinion.

Edward's an abusive stalker, and Bella's a moron. The books are all anti-female.

In Stephenie Meyer's website, she said was not anti-female, instead, anti-human. What? "Duuuuurrrrr... this race me made up is better than humans!"

LULZ

And all those people that say that they liked the book before it was popular are really stupid. What does it matter? You liked the book, and it doesn't matter when you like literature trash - real garbage gets smeller as it gets older, trash like Twilight stinks terribly and stays that way.

I cannot stand the Twilight books. The writing I found to be in a childish manner, and supposedly Edward was attractive.

I found Edward to be repulsive, and the last type of male I would want to be with.

Opinions plz?
I really love the books. And I really don't care that people don't like them. My only problem is when people hate them without reading them. But it looks like you have.

Just think about this: Edward is a vampire, he goes against his nature to protect human life. In later books, he works with his mortal enemy to protect the girl he loves. He's willing to stay away from her to keep her safe. But really, THAT! Repulsive???(sorry)

Also, if you have read the partial draft of Midnight Sun, then you will know how much Edward loves Bella, and how much pain he's in when he's near her. His throat actually BURNS!

Like, when I first read it, it was just like, whatever. Another book. Not good, not bad. I didn't think I'd ever hear the name again. Then, I discovered how many people liked it. I was like, "Oh, okay." Then, I learned how many people were in love and obsessed with it. And I started to get p'ssed off.

It fails.

I'm not even gonna attempt to read the 3 other books. Her writing style is that of a child with a theasaurus who looks up big words for pretty, sexy, attrative etc.

Reading Twilight was the biggest waste of my life. Edward doesn't even sound great. My boyfriends don't watch me sleep with out my consent.

Its illegal and immoral!

Is the movie good? I want to see it but it has bad reviews...
It certainly wasn't the best film ever made. Nowhere near. But what I did appreciate is the fact it stayed close to the book. I thought it was ok, but I'm a fan of the books.. You can tell it's low budget, and the make-up wasn't perfect....but....meh

:VeganCheeseBurgerFTW:.

I'm not even gonna attempt to read the 3 other books. Her writing style is that of a child with a theasaurus who looks up big words for pretty, sexy, attrative etc.

I hope you realize how incredibly immature you sound. I understand you don't like the books, but to slag off the author seems a very childish thing to do. Stephanie herself has admitted that she is not a great writer. You make her sound like a sleaze. Sorry if you find it offensive, but It's my opinion on what you wrote.

I hope you realize how incredibly immature you sound. I understand you don't like the books, but to slag off the author seems a very childish thing to do. Stephanie herself has admitted that she is not a great writer. You make her sound like a sleaze. Sorry if you find it offensive, but It's my opinion on what you wrote.
And this is mine. SMeyer dosent know how to write at all and is getting off on the generation of illiterate children who want some virgin vampire to come stalk/rape them.

Shes living in a fantasy world.

Why Twilight is awful:

Clue number 1: How about the fact both main actors from the movie don't like the series?

Clue number 2: The horrible misuse of vampires. I'm sorry but all Edward is,is a pathological liar with a blood fetish and a liking to the bottles of glitter body sprays in Claire's Accessories. The guy has no fangs, no powers except running like Sonic the Hedgehog and spends the rest of his eternal life going to school in the same grade forever.

Clue number 3: Meyers books aren't novels. They're one big on going dream she had one night that now feeds into the fantasies of other women her age. (AKA Twi-Moms)

Clue number 4: Basically this book says it's perfectly alright to be abused by your man, blow off everything in your life for him, and entirely raise expectations so high from female readers towards their boyfriends. I feel sorry for a guy who has a girlfriend who's a rabid fan.

And a few comments towards the other comments on this thread I've read:

-I don't know why people are posting how they like Twilight in an Anti-thread. Or demanding why or how we don't like the book. And how not to waste energy. If you can all go OMGOMGOMG in 15 million different places on the internet, then why can't we do the same on opposite terms?

-Hate to break it to the hardcore fans but this Anti Twi read the book. Or at least I read the first one. Now considering I've read larger paged and more complicated books, it was horribly difficult to get through Twilight. Bella has no hobbies, no aspirations, no regard for her own life or her family and is an attention whore. Why would she keep claiming how much of an outcast she is when everyone at school is falling over backwards for her and fawning over her? And from what I heard about Breaking Dawn, I think it's awful any respectful parent would let their daughter read that book.

It's nothing special.

Just a bit less than a 'meh' worthy book.

SMeyer. Not a good writer.

The first person views? Annyoing.

Repetitive? Most definately.

Characters? Undeveloped and ameteur.

Especially Bella. She is a twit.

All in all, Twilight is a lot less than 'meh' worthy.

... and is getting off on the generation of illiterate children who want some virgin vampire to come stalk/rape them.
Shes living in a fantasy world.
That may well be. Isn't it interesting to note how many teenagers are now suddenly proclaiming how klutzy and clumsy they are all the time and how they are so ugly that ppl need to shield their eyes (when in reality they are perfectly good looking) :D

Seems to me that no matter how badly Ms Meyer may (or may not) write, it's just a book. No need to get too worked up about it either for or against it ;)

That may well be. Isn't it interesting to note how many teenagers are now suddenly proclaiming how klutzy and clumsy they are all the time and how they are so ugly that ppl need to shield their eyes (when in reality they are perfectly good looking)

;;

That's my friend. After she read Twilight, she was all "zomgz i lyk tripped! i soooo clumzy!! just like bella omgz teehee!!"

...no lie.

In my opinion, it's okay. The characters burn, but the plot isn't that terrible, actually xD Draggish, but eh. The movie was a lot better than the book, in my opinion. The movie cut out the long, draggish parts and you could hear Bella's thoughts. yay.

Latest posts

Back