Does Bandai US really wish to deal with Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think Bandai US wants anything to do with Tamas?

• Yes, they seem to be very dedicated to the brand

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, seems like they want Tamagotchi to die down

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I'm not really sure

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astromeno

Reaction score
I know this will sound pretty gloomy, but do you happen to think that maybe Bandai US dosen't really wish to go on with the Tamagotchi brand? After all, after the business failure of the MS, the company said it would revive Tamagotchi. However, there's hardly any advertising or promotion (aside from a commercial and a couple giveaways), and I doubt the TamaTown products are flying off the shelves.

What do you think (sorry if I come off as rude)?

I think they don't want to deal with it I started thinking that because they disint release any color tamagotchi in America and the tama-go is really boring

And you need pay for the figures I guess we will need to continue buying japannese tamagotchis from eBay.

I agree that there are not many advertisements for tamagotchi's and I did not know that the Music Star was a business fail.

I can't comment on the state of play in America, but I do know that the Tamagotchi brand has been discontinued in the UK, so anything is possible really. As much as I enjoyed the Music Star, the pet aspect of the toy definitely took a backseat to the music aspect, which really went against the whole Tamagotchi philosophy in my opinion.

In an age where iPods and video game systems are so popular (and affordable), it's difficult for Bandai to compete. Just last week I was at a family dinner and my 5 year-old nephew was playing the "Cut the Rope" game for iPod Touch - he was better at it than I was! My point being, I believe a lot of young people are interested in much different aspects of gaming and technology that Tamagotchi can't touch. Even the Japanese Colour and ID can't compete with an iPod Touch or a Nintendo DS. I know the pricing is much different compared to a Tamagotchi, but its about the interactivity and variation of these systems that provide younger kids with more interest.

It's hard to say where the brand will go. When I visit toy stores, a lot of owners say to me, "Do they even make those things anymore?" Tamagotchi could very well end up becoming strictly a collectors item that will be produced in small production scales and distributed to specialty shops. Here's crossing my fingers that doesn't happen, but even if it does we have ourselves some very unique toys that stood the test of time!

Well, as far as I know, the Music Stars stayed on the shelfs for quite a while around the end of their shelf life (especially the bundles, at least where I could find them). Not creating a new revision or product after a while probably didn't help, either.

When the second tamagotchi movie comes out in the U.S. and bandai figures out a way to sell it with a tama, The tama production may raise a bit. But there is still a winning chance than in a few years tamas will die down.

They sure do seem to have quite a concern about Tamagotchi, as well as all their other toys. I think they're probably looking for a 'killer' product which will outsell some other sellers.

Then Howcome The Angelotchi And Santa And Devilgotchi Are Worth Like $400 or $300 each? Yes, I Think Bandai WANTS tamagotchi to die down because i have only seen 1 tamagotchi commercial and it was in 2009! it was for the music star and i have to agree the tama-go is deeply boring i would much rather play with my music star and it is true the tamagotchi name just can't compete with IPods,Nintendo DSI,ITouch or anything else thats huge these days but i would rather play with my tamagotchi's than a cell phone and the tamagotchi name is just not that huge anymore

And Yes it isant fair that we have to pay $7.99 just for a TOY and the tama-go is worth more than the music star!!! it is valued at $21.99 at Fredmeyer and i think the same at Wal-Marts the only ones i think have a goal are the v4.5, the home deka tama,angelotchi,devilgotchi,music star i dont think any of the rest will be any huge success at local toy stores any longer and they made a bundle pack with the music star incuding gotchi figures:NOT for tama-go,tamagotchi the movie,and the v6 and if tamagotchi is no longer a huge success than why tamagotchi the movie? i think Bandai has gone to far and i think that is why they are removing debug buttons so kids will lose intrest and just forget about TAMAGOTCHI CONNECTION and move on to IPods laptops ipod touch and then they will have a reason to shut down corporation and maybe make something bigger but kids STILL love them i think that is why they made the tama-go a little boring and the only way to have fun with it is to pay 7.99 for gotchi figures for tama-go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back