does it hurt to have a baby

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost did not even touch this.

I would like to say one thing though. I love kids but do not have any. I've learned that one does not have to be a mom to be important in a kid's life. I, for one, am a totally cool Aunt and I love my neices very, very much. We spend every weekend together ans we make memnories that I hope will last for the girls all of their lives.

It hurts. A lot. I've never had a baby, but if you've ever seen a woman giving birth, you'll see she's usually sweating, crying, and screaming. Imagine pushing a bowling ball through a hole the size of a quarter. Yeah. That's gotta hurt.

I wouldn't no but i guess it hurts. I watch those kinda shows all da time and the women are SCREAMING THERE LUNGS OUT so i guess yea, it hurts
Let's keep in mind though 2 things:

1. You shouldn't always believe everything you see on TV. I think women who give birth on television for a show are just acting. If it's real life people giving birth on TV, then consider number 2...

2. Some traditions in certain cultures encourage screaming. My mother was next door to a screamer when she was getting ready to have me. This italian woman was screaming becausei n her family screaming was to give good luck to the baby. Weird I know, but some families may think this. If there's no painkillers and its painful, the baby is healthy. Yeah...I don't get it either XD!!

If either 2 don't really apply when you see women in pain during labour, Just assume they don't use painkillers :(

Imagine pushing a watermelon out of a lemon sized hole.
Yes. It hurts.
Yes, it's exactly like that. I don't think I can endure pain that strong if I ever have a baby.

And TamaPATCHI, if you want to know how to have sex, yhen I suggest you post a topic in (Seriously) Non-Tamatalk.

Yeah, it hurts. I believe they show High school girls a video of some lady giving birth o.o If you have seen that video you know

Quick Pain, after that it should be gone for another year XD

i watch a lot of shows were there is babies being born and alot of the people that are having the babies scream
Well to put it one way, something coming out that big (it's not big but..) and coming out of a whole that isn't that big.

I asked my Grandma a while back and she said it hurts, but at the end when you have your baby it's worth it and you don't really thing about the pain.

It probably depends on your pain threshold (sp?), there are alot of things to ease labour aswel so it's probably not as bad as you think.

Great. I am afraid of needles, want to have kids, but dont want any pain! What am i meant to do
Well I suggested an alternate solution in the topic isf you look through. The method I talked about from learning about it helps reduce pain without needles ;D

As with so many things... it really is different for different women.

All I can suggest is not to freak out about it now if you are not going to be having kids for a while :huh: ;)

Wait until you're actually expecting a baby and learn about the different ways to give birth - and make a more informed judgement on whether it's going to "hurt" or not :p

In my experience, labour pains are very similar to strong period pains / cramps and the contractions can be quite tiring but they are not unbearable pain.

Actually, shouting or screaming during a strong contraction or during the birthing process is quite common - not because it hurts but because it channels and focusses your energy to push.

I found "vocalising" helped me focus my energy quite a lot - and I was not in pain (although it probably sounded like it to someone in the next room or in the corridor outside) :eek:

* Edit: Yes, and before anyone asks... Yes I am. Yes I have. (They don't call me Tama Mum for nothing you know) *

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definetely imagine so.

Some women have the baby removed from their stomach because the pain is so bad.

My mom was one of them.

It's probably best not to think about the pain, it will be alot different when your actually having a baby and you can deal with it then.

My friends having her first baby in August and I asked her is she not scared or anything and she said she's just happy to be having the baby, she had a miscarriage before this pregnancy. She has the hugest bump I've ever seen!

My dad said when my mum was having me, she passed out :lol:

You can have a ceasarian (sp?) where they cut open your stomach and Take the baby out, bit I think thats only if the baby cant be born naturaly.

If the pain was bad enough to make someone pass out, then yes, it does hurt.

I would imagine. Think of pushing something large through a smaller hole and having to force it open. That's basically what happens, especially if the baby is large or past due. I was born exactly a week past my due date, and I was 8 lbs. 15 oz. I have a cousin who was 12 lbs. and I'm still taller than him! (He's even almost a year older than me!) It's gotta be pretty tough the very first time, but I'm sure that the times afterwards aren't as bad because the hole is already stretched out. That doesn't mean it's a walk in the park the second time, but it may be more pain. The labor times and pushing times vary, too. Giving birth is usually a long and painful process. My sister's labor time was, like, 12 hours or something, and pushing time was 5 minutes! xD My other sister's labor time was something like 9 hours and pushing time was 8 hours. Something like that!

♪~tk710

being 12 i am yet to experience having a baby but it is officially one of the most painful things that could possibly occur

of course, fo some women it doesnt hurt at all but my mum had to have a scesarian(where your stomach is cut open) to get me out

Well at least with painkillers out there and birthing alternative methods, pain can be greatly reduced. I've watched one documentary where the mother gives birth in a special tub with nice warm water, kind of like a hot tub. The baby comes out alright and mothers say their time in pain is greatly reduced.
wouldent the baby drown????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back