Does your school shut in the snow?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah8

Reaction score
Mine doesent.

We were all devastated when we found out.Devastated.

No one enjoyed our maths test today

How about yours?

Are you in the UK?

If you are, I've got what you've got!

They say it's the worst snowfall we've had in 19 years!

Anyway, my school closes depending on how bad the snow is.

Today is was really bad, but my school was open.

But we got to leave school at 12:30pm as opposed to 2:45pm because of the snow, so that was good.

They say my school will probably be closed tomorrow. :3

The local primary and secondary schools in my area of North London (UK) were all closed today because of the deep snow.

I had to lol - a "Snow Day" in London - that's a first... I can't ever remember schools in London being closed because of the snow :huh:

It was great tho' - there were running snowball fights, igloo and snowman building all along the local streets and kids of all ages out playing in the snow - even the "emo" teens joined in and helped the smaller ones enjoy the fun :huh:

^ Yeah, everyone was playing in the snow when I went to school today.

It's great. :3

The main problem with my school when it's snowing as bad as this is that the buses & coaches find it difficult to get to my school, so around half of us won't be able to get home.

I don't get the bus, but a lot of people do.

I live in the UK,and my school stayed open

I live over here in America so no snow right now (although we should be getting some tonight), and in order for the schools to be closed we need at least 3 inches of snow.

My school closes if the roads are to icy because my school doesn't want a bus getting in an accident and killing many kids. Or if it's below 0 degrees (It's never happened to me). So far, we have had 3 snow days!

My school was closed today due to heavy snowfall in the UK. :D

Talk about good luck, i think it will be closed tomorrow also! :)

Cya :lol:

Haha, I think it's pretty funny how it's tipping it down with snow and ice here in MA, and we've only had 2 snow days so far.

Yet in England, they get a few inches of snow and suddenly all schools are shut, there is a weather warning, etc.

'Tis funny. :3

But don't get me wrong - I love England. It's my home country. <33

They don't close the schools untill some place in our area gets a whole whopping metre of snow. Which happens about once a year. And sometimes we get snow days if they're expecting a metre of snow later that day. Or if the hydro goes out.

So far, I've have one snow day every year. That's about it. But in high school, pretty much everyone skips if the buses are cancelled. So next year, I'll have more.

I live in Ireland and it was snowing so much that both the primary and sceondary schools closed! It was great! (Apart from the fact that everyone in my house was up and ready for school when we found out!) Oh well!

It got pretty deep and kept snowing so five minutes after walking in the snow your footprints were completely covered in a new layer - and the footprints were deep! My dog had so much fun! We kept throwing snowballs and he kept chasing them! Then these lads from my estate built this LEGEND snowman! It's about eight feet high! ;) No joke!

-Shatagama-

The schools only close here if the roads are bad and icy.

So we can have no snow, but if the roads are frozen, school may be cancelled. But we can have a foot of snow, and if the roads are safe, we have school.

I'm from PA, USA, btw. :3

I live in Australia where we never get snow. Coldest we get is maybe 0C degrees (I think thats 32F degrees?). Ha, we'd be the complete opposite. Schools will shut if it gets over the extreme of 50C degrees. And we probably wouldn't be able to actually GO outside in that weather without getting badly sunburnt and roasting in the sun.

I envy the UK..I want snow and ice D:

The local primary and secondary schools in my area of North London (UK) were all closed today because of the deep snow.
I had to lol - a "Snow Day" in London - that's a first... I can't ever remember schools in London being closed because of the snow :D

It was great tho' - there were running snowball fights, igloo and snowman building all along the local streets and kids of all ages out playing in the snow - even the "emo" teens joined in and helped the smaller ones enjoy the fun :lol:
You live in North London? On the news I heard all the snow is heading that way or coming from that way. We had a snow day yeasterday and another today. Yesterday was fun me and my brother had a huge snowball fight then he snuck up behind me and threw a big lump down my trousers :l My little brothers boot went down too far and he fell I had to rescue him o:. Of corse he then started crying so we all had to go in ^^. I really want the snow to keep going onto tommrow xD And my school only texted to inform us school was closed at 1pm And my school starts at 8.30am xD I wasnt going to go anyway.I Could'nt all the busses were canceled.

Last edited by a moderator:
My school doeesn't close for any sort of weather. We don't get much snow when it does snow anyway. Only enough for a small snow ball fight.
That's exactly what it is normally like for us in London and explains why everyone was unprepared for so much snow yesterday! :lol:

Our school was closed yesterday at around 1:30 PM, but I couldn't even make it to my school because the snow was too much. (I'm from Essex, by the way.)

It was open today, but I didn't go because I was ill. :lol:

But normally our headteacher won't close the school... Unless it was too much, like yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back