Don't put your personal info in profile!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, its your choice if you put personal info on or not but its dangerous.

The main thing you shouldn´t do is your location.

They can´t do much with a name because they wont be able to find you!

but i think tamatalk is pretty safe, but not 100 % safe. it's extremely well taken care of by the guides and the admin. because like if there was a 45 year old man trying to find lil' kids around the world to hurt, he probably wouldn't know ANYTHING about tamagotchis, and be easily spotted. what i think you should do is have like a little quiz when your trying to register like, how many letters can you put in a name, or wut color is the infra-red comunicater (just dont say "infra-red") lol so like im sure if you had a tamagotchi you would know and likely be a kid or a teenager.

-Kimbonian
oh trust me, they are not stupid. They always think that they come up to you and ask right away. They don't.

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. :)
Okay! ;)

I agree, its your choice if you put personal info on or not but its dangerous.The main thing you shouldn´t do is your location.

They can´t do much with a name because they wont be able to find you!
Yes.. There are online searches. We had a video at school about internet safety, and someone gave there name, and they could find out:

There full name of parents and sibling and themself

Phone number

Parent and kids schedule

hobbies

exact location

etc.

And it was a real thing. They actaully took a name from a post someone made on a chatroom.

Oh and when your IMing, never, ever, EVER say your home alone. That is one of the most DANGEROUS things you can do (especially if you gave out other info)

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. ;)
I know, some one who seems really nice on the internet can be an axe-murderer from across the street as far as you know so putting your address, school or even name they can come and do-oh god knows what! :) :( :eek:

And my avatar has a picture of what some one might do

Last edited by a moderator:
Are PM boxes private becuase I'm kinda' scared about something.

P.S. Sorry, I should had added this to my other message up there.

I know, some one who seems really nice on the internet can be an axe-murderer from across the street as far as you know so putting your address, school or even name they can come and do-oh god knows what! :nazotchi:   <_<   :mellow:
And my avatar has a picture of what some one might do
OK, I don't think they'll turn u into a what ever the avatar is, it use to be the guy with the axe but it automaticly changed

Yeah, giving out personal info is highly discouraged, but I can't help give out my b-day, as it was the day I joined TamaTalk :(
So, people, try not to post your city and school and stuff. Everyone makes that mistake sometimes, just don't make it all the time.
I agree. I think we can choose what we want to put in our profile, but you musttake the risk..

I did this on purpose, and I Googled "I am a man looking for children to steal off the internet" and it came up with about 5, 110, 000 who were searching that. So beware! And beware of the risk of putting you info in profile, please! :D

I tottaly agree! When I first started(haha that was yesterday...lol)I was afraid some one might get my email but i figured out they cant! Be safe tama talkers!!!

PS:I<3 cows!! ;) :D

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. :)
thats right, never put anything personal in your profile, that includes:

♥ Adresses

♥ Full Name

♥ anyones full name

♥ also don't put your school

don't put any of that in your profile or siggy!

~Girl~

i agree it is unneccesary to do don't ask or give out personal stuff.. :furawatchi:

Hello everyone! Wow. This post has really filled up since I left. I'm glad everyone has noticed that putting personal info where people can look at it is dangerious. If you really want to see what could happen to teens who do that, then watch Dateline's "To Catch a Predator"
Men chat on the internet with decoy teens, and they come to a house where the cops, and the showa host is waiting to ask them questions, and then they get arrested. I don't know what day, or time it comes on, but you could look it up on the internet. It's a really good show. I wouldn't advise the younger people on here to watch it. It does have some sexual content. They show the sexual conversations, and sometimes, pictures, (blurred out of course) on the show. Just to warn you.
I seen that and it was quite disturbing how these men were. I think the one who scared me the most was the man who brought his young child with him. The internet really isn't a safe place for children to be on. Parents should be watching where there kids are going and doing on the internet.

I know that. Anyone can pretend to be someone else and lie to you. If you give anyone your addresse, phone number or anything they can use to contact you is dangrous. I'm glad tamatalk has guides and Admin to protect us from anything bad. Tamatalk is suppose to be a safe fun place for everyone.

I'm glad I read all the pinned topics in all the sections before I post anything. I don't want to do anything to get in trouble.

~kittensrock~

my teacher told me there was this one girl that gave out info on the internet, but just little bits and pieces to different ppls so then she hears the doorbell ringing. She comes down from her computer and there is a cop at the door. He says, "you better watch what info you give out online because i searched around and found out on the internet where you live and thats why i am here!" omg she was so scared and i would have been too!!! :(

;) That girl must be crazy. If she is here, she better read this topic! Yes, this topic is very true. Do not give out personal info! My father says that. Once , my sister's friend put my name in a buddyprofile except deleted it because it was my sister's. Yeah, I was scared they would look up the address and then I would get abducted fortunatly, my sister deleted it before any of that stuff happened! What a relief :(

//TP

she is nuts my principal said a girl gave out her address online - shakes head - i don't understand some people - sighs - then the dude she gave it out to came and stole her

so ppl for safety reasons don't be a fool. :)

may i say don't put youre real photo as youre buddy icon because that can result to a kidnapping issue very serious matter :lol: and again u don't know who is behind the moniter

u are communicating with. he he i sound serious my mom said i will be presedant one day but i don't think so yet lol sorry for my random speech lol

No offence 2 ppl who have, but even giving someone an Msn address could aet you kidnapped. There wasa guy who did that and a man was watching over something or other and found out this little guys address & all and he got kidnapped :huh: :huh: :( :eek: that is how dangerous the internet is ppl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back