Double Standards

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People making fun of males for watching My Little Pony because it's a "girl" show, then those same people telling me it's cool that I'm a female and watch "boy" shows like Batman and Transformers.

People making fun of males for watching My Little Pony because it's a "girl" show, then those same people telling me it's cool that I'm a female and watch "boy" shows like Batman and Transformers.
It's the men who call the shots =P

This issue is actually not always a double standard as it happens vice versa. Also, I'm fine when men enjoy girl's shows, but not when they destroy shows for young girls like My Little Pony- it's a beautiful show that shows that there's nothing to be ashamed of while being a girl, but no, boys have to think that it's so awesome that they want to do things to an animated horse from a kid's show and draw tons of dirty fanart of it. I'm okay with rule 34 but MLP fandom went overboard here. It's impossible for children to google images of their favorite show because smutty art. Sigh.

To stay on topic... I hate when men get uncomfortable while seeing anime or shows like Free! or something because "it makes them uncomfortable". Hello, that's what makes us girls uncomfortable too and fanservice for guys is way more widely spread than that for girls. Since I'm for equality, I'm after either fanservice for both genders or no fanservice at all.

MLP is a show intended for infants and very young girls. They'd probably make fun of a woman that enjoys it too, and if not, well that would be a double standard, a very annoying one haha... :unsure:

--

Well, it actually can be right, because in Poland for example usually mothers were very strict back in the day, also kids some time ago didn't have that much to do, so... But I still don't know how is it supposed to motivate someone anyway.
Doesn't motivate at all indeed!! :D But anyways in America (Europe surely was different) in the 70-80's, most mothers were at home and didn't work, and with only 2/3 childrens because the Baby-Boom period was over they'd do housework all day because nothing to do... I guess things are different everywhere around the globe :lol:

--

That's the one double standard I just hate:

"kids these days only waste their time on games, what's wrong with this world"

~ Said by a "90's kid" who spent most of his childhood playing video games and watching tv.
Hehe there:

Well, it actually can be right, because in Poland for example usually mothers were very strict back in the day, also kids some time ago didn't have that much to do, so... But I still don't know how is it supposed to motivate someone anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
MLP is a show intended for infants and very young girls. They'd probably make fun of a woman that enjoys it too, and if not, well that would be a double standard, a very annoying one haha... :unsure:
Actually, I've yet to meet anyone who has made fun of me for watching MLP since I'm a girl, even though I'm 26.

And I wouldn't say it's a show for infants and very young girls. The toys maybe, but the show makes references to things that would go right over the heads of small children. I don't want to start an argument over this though, so I'll drop it. I'm sure we can both agree that gender and age shouldn't dictate what you're allowed to enjoy. After all, we are on a site dedicated to "little kid toys." :p

Which brings me to my next point

target audience

major double standards

lol

In Poland women were also stay at home, they just were very rude. And about that with 90's kids, it's not the point... 90's kids were not born in the 19th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back