Drugs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ In my opinion, that little is okay.

When I get older, I do admit, I will probably drink at a party or something, as Cinder and Michelle said, "It's fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand"

I don't want to become a drug addict. I will never smoke. My grandma owns a business in town where they sell alcohol and food, and people smoke a lot. I'll say from experience, secondhand smoking isn't very fun.

We get expelled unless under exceptional circumstances for promoting drug culture at my school.

This even includes telling someone you have drugs in your schoolbag, even if it is untrue or just a laugh. If they believe it and tell the headteacher, they'll even get expelled for that, even though they didn't have drugs at that time.

It also includes encouraging people to drink, smoke or take on school premesis.

I know eleven year olds who get hold of cigarettes and even weed and smoke it down the supermarket just opposite our school gates.

What a way to waste your life. One cigarette produces acid in your lungs equivalent on the pH scale to Hydrochloric Acid (pH1), the highest level of acidity on the scale. And after that it's so easy to get hooked. And the smell.. I don't see the attraction in any of the short term effects, let alone lung cancer in later life.

And as for drugs. Well, one dose of heroin, etc., and, for most, your life is practically over. Try getting of that in a hurry.

You know what I hate?

All the people that do drugs in my grade make fun of me because I don't do them, when in reality, they'll probably be so much worse off when they get older.

My school is overrun with stoners. I can understand why too, I live in a small town where there is absolutely NOTHING to do for teenagers (or any age group, for that matter.)

However, I've never done drugs or anything like that. Some of my friends have smoked pot, but I really never feel pressured to go along with it or what ever. I don't really have interest in drugs or alcohol, actually... I'm crazy and irrational enough without help from some substance.

My school is overrun with stoners. I can understand why too, I live in a small town where there is absolutely NOTHING to do for teenagers (or any age group, for that matter.)
I still can't understand this.

What's missing for these teenagers is imagination and the ability to entertain themselves. There is never NOTHING to do.

Listening to good music and discussing it with friends, visiting forums / sites online, playing computer games, playing card games, playing board games, playing instruments, reading books and discussing them, drawing, playing sports, throwing a ball/frisbee/diablo, goofing off by just playing things like tag or chase, taking dogs for walks - even those belonging to neighbours, generally chatting about your day, your clothes, your crush, your parents, your siblings... the list goes on and on and on.

It's a waste of your time and money smoking weed - not to mention that it's illegal xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my honesty: I've tried them. For the sake of looking 'cool' in front of my friends.

It took me two months to realize there was nothing 'cool' about this and that it was ruining my body and my life and I was losing all my friends.

It's the same thing with smoking.

You either try it or you don't -- either outcome can be bad.

I recommend not doing them though.. [:

No, I don't do drugs. I mean, I'm only 12. But I will never do drugs. Never. It's a waste of time; the time that you could use to study. Yes, I value studying. But let's not get off topic.

No one in my school does drugs, I think it's because my school is an only-girl school. No guys. But it's Grade 1 to Grade 12 - possibly there could be some drinkers. Or smokers. But I'm sure that if anyone does drugs, my school would prolly expel that person. My school is amazing strict.. But I think they're just doing this for the best of it. I'm sure that my friends don't do drugs, one hundred percent.

I tried drinking beer by accident. Not really tired, it was an accident, lol. No, it didn't taste good. It's even worse than coffee. Hah, I don't think I'll be drinking any soon. Not like I will though. Just the smell kills me already. And that also goes for smoking. Ugh, I cannot stand that smell. My teacher smokes, and every time he walks past me, I die - It smells very bad. xD

I don't really understand the people that do drugs - When they say they do it for a living, does that mean they do it to die? It's like slow suicide. :/ Like my mom always said; "Once you try, your life ends." I hate the fact that drugs get you addicted to it, you can't stop. And it's bad too. There's nothing good about drugs as I see now.

Luckily, no one in my family drinks or smokes. Wait, actually some of my aunties drink Champagne if that counts. But no one smokes. I have an amazingly huge family though. Only my grandfather smokes, so that counts as one xD Ruins the whole 'no one smokes' thing. He went to the hospital multiple times already, and he's regretted it. He's trying to stop now, but it's insanely hard, I believe.

I've never mentioned about smoking weed here. I've never seen any people smoke weed in my life.. I still don't know why. Yes, I don't know what it looks like. xD I've never seen pot either. And I don't bother Googling pictures, haha.

my high school is so jokes.

okay, i go to a CATHOLIC high school, and they almost promote drugs and smoking despite their attempts to stop it. k, right at the front of our school beside the school parking lot there is a smoke pit, where kids no matter if they're in grade 9 - 12 can smoke freely on their breaks with teacher supervision. thats the school.

even my friends have been smoking like right in front of me and it drove me to tears...guess i'm a loser huh? i honestly feel pressure to smoke and get high, maybe my friends will think i'm cooler that way? i know that's not the case with true friends but i honestly feel under pressure like that sometimes. and my dad smokes and drinks too so that would kinda sorta give me the right?

the only things i've done was drink the vodka mudshakes which are like milkshake things..and this alcopop thing...and i'm kinda addicted to secondhand smoke../:

I still can't understand this.What's missing for these teenagers is imagination and the ability to entertain themselves. There is never NOTHING to do.
Yeah, that's how I've gotten by drug free. I'm also lucky enough to have parents who are cool and I have a good relationship with them and stuff.

The only other explanation I have for all the drug-doing is a lack of knowledge. Just like with the whole abstinence program (incidentally our school has had a sudden increase in pregnant chicks-they're popping up all over the place...)

We need information and we need an outlet. Those are two things that the authority seems bent on denying us. So, people find other ways and negative stuff happens. It's pretty depressing, really. I wish people would put more effort into changing society rather than sticking needles in their veins and all.

No. I don't ever plan on it either. I was standing at an intersection before, and this guy was puffing smoke into my face, I couldn't breathe, like I actually tried to breathe in but it wa so heavily surrounding me.. it was so revoulting.

I'd never smoke or do drugs in my life, I think it's stupid to even start. My city's really good with that.. no one in my school (up to grade 8) does anything like that and almost all the high schools we have are really good that way. My city's teens don't really have a problem with that.. I'm glad :)

Weed smells really bad in my opinion. I sat in a room with some people smoking it and just breathing in what they exhale made me feel a bit high. So I left the room, closely followed by the only guy who wasn't, the smart, half decent one xD We had a drug free party by ourselves in the kitchen.

I've drank vodka before, but I've never went near drugs. My town's so small and my school's so goody-goody that hardly any one takes drugs. There was a case last year and two people got expelled, but that's it. I think I saw a couple of people injecting themselves near the school gates but I didn't have a scoob who they were and I'm not a snitch anyway. Oh, a lot of people in my school smoke though. It might be a little more than ciggies, it's hard to tell.

Im a virgin and I've never done drugs and I never ever will or planning to. Although my mums side of the family smokes and drinks a lot. My cousin is in rehab. My mum smokes but shes slowly quitting it seems. My uncle died of lung cancer. Nearly everyone smokes and drinks on my mums side. But not drugs just smoking and drinking. But sometimes I get scared. You know if somethings going to happen in a sudden. My auntie quit smoking for 2 months. That was useless. She back on. But my dads side is fine. No one smokes and they only drink a glass of champagne on specials holidays like chrismas, new years, easter. Its really weird when you compare the two sides.

I also have a friend whos 15 and was showing me her myspace page. She showed me friends of hers smoking weed in what looked liek a dark alley. It was horrible! I don't know what people are thinking when they do that. Just to act 'cool'. My advice- get a life. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I've never done drugs before, but I know that Marijuana tastes REALLY bad from people that I know, and from the News. And here's a REALLY funny story involving drugs from when I was at camp.

A few of my "cabin mates" were like "can I read your diary?" and I'm like "*sigh* fine...." then I passed it to them. They started to read it outloud. "I don't know why the cabin leaders make us brush our teeth right before breakfast, because it makes the food tastes like Marijuana." and they stared at me like o.0. And they're like "Do you smoke Marijuana?" and I'm like "NOO!" and they're just all giggily now, and they said "well how the heck do you know what Marijuana tastes like! You smoke it!" and they laughed, so I jumped off my bunk, and grabbed it from them, hopped back on my bunk and ignored them, while they ran around camp shouting "I KNOW SOMEONE THAT SMOKES WEED!"

WTF!? I was just compairing minty/soapy cereal/bagels to Marijuana. Both not a pleasing taste.

[SIZE=9pt]Never done drugs, & hopefully never will.[/SIZE]

My school is pretty much clean in the drug-sense. I go to an all-girls, and (not being rude/mean in any way, just stating it from my school) most of them have the sense not to try them.

If anyone was caught at my school, they would probably be expelled, and anyone found to have something to do with said person/people would be excluded or expelled, depending on how much they had to do with it.

Lol, nooo. Everyone at our school is all scared of that stuff. Last year, I'm not making this up, the principal called an all-school meeting because someone brought a can of beer to school. She was like, in tears. xDDD Me and my best friend think that was just about the funniest thing ever. xP I don't plan to smoke or do drugs, but I don't think alcohol is bad so long as it's used in moderation. I've actually HAD small tastes of beer, wine and Mike's Hard Lemonade (which is surprisingly good. xD) So no, I'll never take, like, real drugs like pot or heroin, but a bunch of kids at my school sniff Sharpies and stuff. xD I've tried before, but nothing happens to me. When I was little, I liked smelling both paint and glue both of which can supposedly make you high, but nothing ever happened to me, lol. I just thought they smelled nice. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back