Dust easily trapped under P's clear faceplate?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My P's is same as you, but not covered by dust. My P's faceplate covered by little soup :eek:
This morning I woke up to find that I had somehow got some ice-cream from a root beer float underneath my faceplate last night. D: There was a big spot near the buttons and another one at the top of the jewels on the right side. I just about had a cow, it looked terrible. It was sticky and it had all dried in there so there was no way I was going to get it out. I have a white P's too, so that just made everything worse...

My boyfriend saw how distraught I was so he tried helping me figure out a solution. We tried removing the faceplate with a flat screwdriver but that didn't pan out. Then he suggested taking it apart and actually running water through it. At first I thought he was nuts until I realized I had no other option (and that he might actually be onto something) - so I did that. I took the P's apart carefully and removed the top half of the shell (it comes off completely so that it has no attachment to any electronic parts) and ran it under water. After the water had all run underneath the faceplate, I just pressed down on it a few times with my thumb where the ice-cream spots were and the water filled in and did the rest.

After the spots were gone, I just shook the shell vigorously for a few minutes to let the centrifugal force bring the water out through the holes where the buttons are, then I turned it around and did the same thing so that the rest of the water exited through the opening for the pierce. I kept doing this until it was almost completely dry. Then I put it back together and the rest of the small beads of water just evaporated on their own.

For a minute there I was sure I was done for. My P's looks almost new again now, though - save for a little nick in the screen border where we tried to lift the faceplate off with the screwdriver. DDD: But honestly I can probably live with that. (On the plus side though, the whole fiasco ended up getting rid of most of the dust that was trapped under there as well - though I probably wouldn't recommend doing what I did just to get rid of the dust. This be risky business...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed a couple specks of dust have gotten under the faceplate. Probably a design flaw.

There is a pepper grain under mine and no matter how hard I suck it will not come out :(

theres very tiny white spots in the screen which can be seen when the screen turns black D: whats that and why would that happen? obviously not food because food are banned from my tamas-.-" xD

hi there. i bought myself 3 tamagotchi p#s and i noticed that problem, too. my first one had tiny dustspots under its clear plastic, too. what helped for me was, that i used sellotape (tesafilm) i cutt off a small part and glued the sticky sides together, then i went under the plasticsurface and pulled the dust out. it worked well, hope you got what i meant- sorry for my english:) now i wrap all my tamas in clingfilm- not pretty but now nothing gets in! i have also noticed that the screen scratches very very easily! although i cleaned the screen with a super soft towel it got a scratch from that:-( i also noticed that some scratches had been there from the beginning- has anyone too?

although i cleaned the screen with a super soft towel it got a scratch from that:-( i also noticed that some scratches had been there from the beginning- has anyone too?
Omg I thought I was the only one! :< I cleaned it's screen with a soft tissu I use for my 3DS and Ipod all the time, and it got scratches D:

And yeah, there was a big scratch on the faceplate from the beginning, but I did some more on my own... lol... so fragile 0_o

haha i thought i was the only one too!:-.) all my three p's babys had a tiny scratch somewhere. the only one was my purple which was nearly perfect, but on that i made the scratch with the soft tissue before wrapping it in clingfilm! argh! well i have to live with it i guess;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back