Earring help?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Band Geek

Reaction score
Okay, on Saturday, I bought a pair of [straight]barbell earrings [14 g]. I tried putting them in, and I can't get them in my ear lobe.. [Yes, I have my ears pierced] It's not painful to put them in, it's just hard to. I read on the internet that if you try to put the wrong size in, it can tear the ear lobe, then you have to get plastic surgery. I really don't want to have to go through surgery. D:

So, how can I get them in without damaging my ears? [i can't take them back because my grandma paid $15 for them and the package was hard to open, so I had to cut it open with scissors and now they are in a plastic bag.]

Sorry if I sound stupid, but thanks..

BG

Well, if you haven't stretched your ears before, and assuming you got them pierced somewhere like claires, the icing, etc. They're only at a 20g. When I started stretching my lobes, I'd had them done for years and wore a LOT of heavy earrings, so 20 to 14 wasn't a problem.

If you haven't done that, it can be an issue.

I've torn my lobes before. You don't need plastic surgery if you do, but obviously it's best not to. Surgery is only involved if you tear all the way through.

What I would suggest to you, is to wait on the 14's. Try to stretch them out either by wearing a heavier 20g earring or big hoops. You could also(but it's more costly) buy a pair of 18g and 16g earrings to help stretch it gradually.

If you're completely dead set on getting these 14s in right from 20s, you can try using vaseline or another kind of lubricant to push the earring through slowly. I can't emphasize slowly enough. If you go too fast, you'll rip the piercing, and yes, it's painful.

You can skip gauges, but I don't personally recommend it. I'm at a 0g now and I went down step by step minus my 20-14 because they were already stretched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask your mom to help you get them in. It'll probably be easier since she can see your piercing a lot clearer than you can just looking in the mirror. Cleaning them with rubbing alchohol also helps them slide in your ears and keeps them sanitary.

Ask your mom to help you get them in. It'll probably be easier since she can see your piercing a lot clearer than you can just looking in the mirror. Cleaning them with rubbing alchohol also helps them slide in your ears and keeps them sanitary.
Rubbing alcohol is bad for piercings. It dries out the piercing and kills the good bacteria needed to heal.

You'd want to use Saline.

I agree. It made my ear all crusty. Use Saline.

Try going up gradually to heavier, dangly earrings. I wear them all the time now, I my ear-hole is huge. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you haven't stretched your ears before, and assuming you got them pierced somewhere like claires, the icing, etc. They're only at a 20g. When I started stretching my lobes, I'd had them done for years and wore a LOT of heavy earrings, so 20 to 14 wasn't a problem.If you haven't done that, it can be an issue.

I've torn my lobes before. You don't need plastic surgery if you do, but obviously it's best not to. Surgery is only involved if you tear all the way through.

What I would suggest to you, is to wait on the 14's. Try to stretch them out either by wearing a heavier 20g earring or big hoops. You could also(but it's more costly) buy a pair of 18g and 16g earrings to help stretch it gradually.

If you're completely dead set on getting these 14s in right from 20s, you can try using vaseline or another kind of lubricant to push the earring through slowly. I can't emphasize slowly enough. If you go too fast, you'll rip the piercing, and yes, it's painful.

You can skip gauges, but I don't personally recommend it. I'm at a 0g now and I went down step by step minus my 20-14 because they were already stretched.
Thanks. :]

I'll try that soon, and again, thanks.

I've always used rubbing alchohol though... o.o
Rubbing alcohol is fine in the sense of cleaning earrings, but rinsing them with water or saline after wards. Putting it directly on the piercing dries it out, and kills all the good bacteria that helps it heal. I've been scolded by a few piercers for it in the past, lol.

Oh, haha, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. xD

(Btw, this is GG96 if you couldn't already tell.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back