Eating Problem...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenniswinner

December 2007 Contest Winner
Reaction score
I really hate talking about this subject, but I need help.

I don't know why, but lately, I've been eating like there's no tomorrow.

It's been like this for a while, actually. Everytime there's food in the house, it'll be gone in a few hours.

Snacks, cereals, you name it - after my mom buys it, it's gone.

I've gained about 18 pounds since last year, and I know my weight is "average" but I can SEE the fat gathering on my body. My stomach hangs out, and I have stretch marks on my thighs. No, I didn't have a baby, either. It's because of my weight.

Anyways, I know what people are going to post, "eat healthy and exercise" but that's not enough for me. It's really hard for me to sit still without food in my hands. I need a detailed explanation of how to get healthy and fit.

Thanks for reading, and I hope someone can help me out. :)

Chew on something.

Gum, whatever.

I have a habit of holding a guitar pick between my teeth.

It works.

I get strange looks in public, though, as it hangs out of my mouth xD

Basically keep your mouth busy.

Guitar pick or not.

Eatting like you are could mean you have a high metabolism or your body is trying to get something it is lacking.

I'm not going to say eat right and exercise...but I will strongly suggest to see a doctor. I don't care if you're afraid of them or not like some are...they can look into this further for you and give you a far better answer and resolution than a random virtual pet forum with people on the internet.

So yeah before you make the excuse "Well I don't like doctors and blahlalalalala so on" (I am only saying this in case you start to do that, everyone who worries about their body like that will always find a way to put it off I notice when doctor comes up) and so fourth, if you REALLY want some answers...see a doctor.

For one, what are you eating? If it's empty junk like doritos, no wonder.

Now, the cliche answer returns!

Eat in health.

Because, when you eat in health, as long as it's the right stuff, like carrots, fruit, nuts, tofu, etc, you can eat as much as you want within reason. No point in going hungry, but no point in binging yourself on crap.

Or binge on bananas. Bananas are good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eat healthier foods?

Try to eat gum, like x.Nobody.x said. It gives your mouth some flavor and keeps yourself from eating.

go on a diet and eat salads and vegetables

that would keep u losing weight

thats what i do

Actually, a routine 'diet' that you can keep up for the rest of your life is much better, because then you don't have to struggle with your weight.

I do the same thing, too.

Are you eating because you're stressed? Eating releases the endophins that makes you feel happier. So if you're stressed out, and you eat, it'll make you feel better. But the more you do this, the more food it takes to get the same feeling so it's better to straighten it out now before it gets too far. Now, you don't have to worry much about this because you are severely obese - or even obese to begin with - but just keep that in mind.

If you tend to eat because you are stressed, find other things to take your mind away like food does. If I get cravings sometimes I play the piano which is soothing. Chewing gum can also help to keep your mouth busy aswell and it helps a lot.

I'm not telling you to get your ear stapled, but this may be an interesting read. ;]

https://health.howstuffworks.com/ear-staple.htm/printable

Scroll down to the big picture of the ear with the names of the points. See the Oscilation Point? I read in a magazine that it'll make your cravings to away if you press that point. It's used in accupunture and I'm trying it myself.

A doctor would be a valuable resouce but if you won't go, maybe some of these tips will help you. If you research cravings and why people eat, that may also give you valuable information. :mimitchi:

Drink water first. Your brain can confuse hunger with thirst. You can try asking one of your family members to hide all the junk food and lay the fruits out so when you're hungry, you grab a pear. :) Good luck.

The way you described

"It's really hard for me to sit still without food in my hands."

makes me believe that this constant eating is becoming habitual, like smoking a cig.

Decrease your intake a little everyday; If you had 3 bowls of cereal yesterday, have three slightly smaller portioned bowls, and eat slower.

Have water with everything. It makes you feel fuller.

Aaand of course a few Qs:

Do you become emotionally distressed if you don't eat?

When you do eat, do you get a sense of relief?

Do you like the way it feels to hold the food?

Do you like the way it feels to chew the food?

Best of wishes~

Try to eat gum, like x.Nobody.x said. It gives your mouth some flavor and keeps yourself from eating.
but afterwards you are really hungry! It may not be a good idea unless you have lots of gum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back