eBay.ca - Terrified

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FullBlownWitch

Reaction score
So, I'm scrutinizing every inch of the Tamagotchi ID L I am preparing to purchase with gift money that a dear heart gave me over eBay.ca, avec l'aide de Paypal, and I am having minor panic attacks.

I DO NOT TRUST EBAY.

I don't know why, but I am absolutely terrified of purchasing something like this over eBay, trusting SO MUCH MONEY, to someone I don't know, online.

For those of you who purchased any Tamagotchi over eBay, PLEASE tell me your story, good and bad.

JC-RC ,purchase from this user. He sells many remote control stuff, but he has a section for tamagotchi. Take a gander! His price on the IDL I've seen was $66 plus whatever shipping was.... Given that is American funds too.

This is the Jason people constantly talk about in Japan. I've purchased mine from him and got it pretty quickly from him. I bought my nano from him too. I trust him very well, his prices are usually pretty good too. I would try to find an IDL from him and ask for a tracking number... He gave me one for my IDL when I asked for it.

My IDL came it a rather big box for what the IDL box is.... Protected inside. I'm not sure whom else got theirs in a box like that from him, but I am over-all very satisfied from my purchases from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Tamas I've bought have come safe and sound and usually around the estimated date. A good thing to do is to check the seller's reputation.

JC-RC ,purchase from this user. He sells many remote control stuff, but he has a section for tamagotchi. Take a gander! His price on the IDL I've seen was $66 plus whatever shipping was.... Given that is American funds too.

This is the Jason people constantly talk about in Japan. I've purchased mine from him and got it pretty quickly from him. I bought my nano from him too. I trust him very well, his prices are usually pretty good too. I would try to find an IDL from him and ask for a tracking number... He gave me one for my IDL when I asked for it.

My IDL came it a rather big box for what the IDL box is.... Protected inside. I'm not sure whom else got theirs in a box like that from him, but I am over-all very satisfied from my purchases from him.
I can't find that username, I can only find JR-RC

I usually try to make sure the feedback is 99% or higher, pretty much anything less, unless the seller has sold A LOT of items, I don't fully trust them.

I've bought many, many things from eBay before, and all of them have come in safely.

Also when I was little, my mom bought pretty much all of my girls from eBay, so most likely over 100 things at least, and all of them came in.

I know it'll probably be hard to be convinced that eBay is safe, but I assure you that you'll be fine buying one Tamagotchi. xP

I usually try to make sure the feedback is 99% or higher, pretty much anything less, unless the seller has sold A LOT of items, I don't fully trust them.

I've bought many, many things from eBay before, and all of them have come in safely.

Also when I was little, my mom bought pretty much all of my girls from eBay, so most likely over 100 things at least, and all of them came in.

I know it'll probably be hard to be convinced that eBay is safe, but I assure you that you'll be fine buying one Tamagotchi. xP
Agree, try to view their feedbacks so you can see what old buyers had to say about them. I bought 5 items in ebay, all of them has a smooth transaction. :D

Sending one money online, especially to someone you don't know, can naturally be a little nerving. I have literally purchased all of my Tamas (100 and counting) online from eBay without one faulty transaction. Of course, it's your responsibility to purchase from a seller with a high feedback rating. Rest assured, eBay is very safe site to purchase from...as long as you do your homework on the seller first! High rated sellers, such as Jason, rely on supplying you a product backed with good service so they can maintain their reputation. As a buyer, you're automatically backed by eBay's Buyer Protection Program which you can read more about here.

Regarding the ID L, it's really up to you where you want to buy from. Do you want to purchase from a seller you're not as familiar with at a cheaper price? Or order from a seller that you've heard you can trust and rely on? I won't try to convince you that eBay is the best place to buy your Tamas, but it certainly is the most convenient. Good luck with your purchase - and remember - only buy stuff online from a place you TRUST and feel safe buying from!

-graficks

99% of the time Ebay is trusted. When 100+ people have had no problems with whoever is selling the item, then why should you worry?

^Yes!Buy it from him!I've ordered all of my japanese Tamas from that seller.His prices are great and the package comes in on time.Chose EMS shipping,it has tracking and comes within a week or so. ;)

https://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kawaiiotakujp&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

That's the gentleman/lady that I am looking to purchase the Yellow ID L from.

It seems VERY okay.

The only other thing I am worried about, is the duty to pay when I pick it up at the post office. I can't afford both this toy AND about $50 customs/duty..
What? Doesn't it just go to your house? Im very confused now, if you have to pay extra to pick it up (I don't think you live in America?) then don't buy it -_-

^Yes!Buy it from him!I've ordered all of my japanese Tamas from that seller.His prices are great and the package comes in on time.Chose EMS shipping,it has tracking and comes within a week or so. ;)
That is so awesome. I'm glad that you've had good times with him. He's only got 2 negative influences on him. I'm excited. Does he -email- you the tracking numbers and such?

What? Doesn't it just go to your house? Im very confused now, if you have to pay extra to pick it up (I don't think you live in America?) then don't buy it -_-
I live in an apartment, so if no one is here to pick up the package when it is delivered, there is a chance that it will be sent to the post office where I will need to pick it up. Our mailbox is too small for the package (I'm assuming that the box will be rather large), so it would stay at the post office if we aren't here to pick it up.

Also - seeing that it is coming from Japan, to Canada, there may be charges for customs and the border crossings, aka Duty. So it may not even show up at our apartment, because there may be duty charges for border crossings. Hopefully it's nothing over $30 or something.. even that is really horrid for charges.

Did anyone bring up that eBay has buyer protection?
No, they didn't, but my husband let me know of that. And when I purchased the ID L about an hour ago, the buyer and eBay.ca sent me an email mentioning that it is covered under the eBay/PayPal buyer protection thing. :)

@FullBlownWitch

He usually sends a message directly to your eBay account with the tracking number.Copy the number and look up your mail carrier's tracking site.Paste it there and then you can seew where it is.

I have some for sale that I am willing to sell you. I sell internationally all the time. Im located in the USA. I have pink purple white and yellow left. Let me know I will list one just for you and cheaper then all the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back