Editing Pictures

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's start with some programs, shall we? :3

You can use Photobucket. Photobucket is a very basic editor. If you have an account at photobucket.com, you can use it for free. You may want to start here and play around with it for a while.

You can download GIMP - it's a free art program. It's comparable to Photoshop. I have GIMP, but however, it is very complicated and difficult to use.

I've also heard of Photofiltre. It's similar to GIMP, and is also a free download. I do not have this downloaded, but I heard that it is much easier to figure out than GIMP.

Then there is Photoshop. Photoshop is the most advanced image editor out there, and is very popular, especially to hardcore photographers. Unfortunately though, it is not free, and must be purchased. D: I've heard that it's very expensive. I haven't looked up any prices though. [ Google it, maybe? ]

I'd start with Photobucket. Make an account there, and upload some photos. Then you can edit them. There are a varity of options there - you can resize your photos, crop them, or use the 'auto touch up' feature to clean it up a bit. There are a ton of coloring options - you can make the colors sepia, greyscale, neon... just play around with the different options. Some of them are really neat. :3

You can also add different text to your image through Photobucket. You can color on your image as well.

There are more advanced options, where you can color only specific areas, and make certain areas black and white, etc.

So, my advice is you start playing around on Photobucket, to start. If you have any specific questions, lemme know. I'd be happy to help. ;D [ And don't worry, I'm a failure at editing. I haven't done much of it, and I honestly am not too interested in it at the moment. ]

I suggest using GIMP2 via Google, but it's slightly hard to figure out at first.

Cecib :)

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use photoshop, but it's pretty expensive.

I use GIMP, and yes, at first it is a bit challenging to figure out, but once you figure it out you'll be able to edit all the pictures you want. Plus it's free :) you can download it at gimp.org

Try www.Picnik.com

I don't use it too much because I have photoshop elements 5 (which you should start out if you are really interested in this kind of thing - it's about $50 on eBay or so which is pretty good compared to the newest hardcore versions that are about $500) but it's pretty nice I guess. My cousins like it pretty well.

I use Photoshop Elements 5, but that is pretty expensive D: I use it quite often though. I've become pretty familiar with it.

You can download gimp. I heard it is just as good as Photoshop.

PhotoFiltre is another one...

Picnik.com is a good one if you are looking for effects

Photobucket has nice simple photo editing program

And Paint... xD

Things like Photoshop (and Gimp, I'm guessing. I never downloaded gimp) have TONS of buttons and things to do, so it may take a while to get used to. There are many instructional books on it though (Although I never bothered to read it all xD)

PhotoFiltre is also a bit complicated, just not as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Photobucket. I'm cheap like that.

There's this free editor where you can play around with the picture a bit. It's got all I need. As long as I can put my pictures into Greyscale and turn parts of them funny colours, I'm good.

Well I use Adobe Photoshop CS4.

It's hard to understand at first, but after a day or 2 of fiddling around with it you will get the basics. Like Radial Blurs and stuff of that nature. Contrast, Brightness, Hue and Saturation, is the simple stuff that is easy to figure out

Microsoft paint is the only thing that works on my crap compy. -kicks-

But I like it (8

I've used Picnik for a while now. I love it. It's the best. I signed up for the Premium Membership. It's pretty affordable. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back