EEK TAMAGOTCHI MINI 20TH ANNIVERSARY

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berryitchi

Reaction score
HIYA I'M SOOOO EXCITED NEXT WEEK I'M GOING TO GET A TAMAGOTCHI MINI 20TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: (None of the emojis can show how happy I am :D )

Right, I'll get the pink swirl design. I'm calling it Hayli and I want to make a case for her. :3 Anyone have simple crochet case patterns? And I'll do simple felt ones too. I want my sweet little tama to be nice and cosy, safe from harm.

How do I be a good mum? :huh: Any tips or anything? I want to look after her really well. ^_^ (I know it may turn into a boy... I'll see if I reset it until it's a girl or change the name xD)

EEK SO EXCITED.

Anything else?

Please tell me EVERYTHING!! :D

Thank you all so much!!!! :wub: ~Berry

Tamagotchi minis and vintages don't have genders, I usually just assume they're male or female and give them a name according to... I don't know, what feeling I get about them when they hatch. :p But some characters, like Bill or Oyaitchi (I'm sure this isn't the correct name :p ) look male, others look female. Usually I imagine that my P2s are females cause they start as Shirobabitchi, but I make exceptions. xD

Congratulations, Berryitchi! :D I know that you were hoping to get one, and I'm glad that it worked out for you.

The pink-with-swirls design looks really nice. If I'd had to wait for Series 2, I probably would've gotten that colour myself. :lol:

As Iza says, there's no specified genders on the Minis, and there's no way to input a name, either, so you don't need to worry about any of that. The included instructions will tell you most of what you need to know.

Congratulations, Berryitchi!
imageproxy.php
I know that you were hoping to get one, and I'm glad that it worked out for you.

The pink-with-swirls design looks really nice. If I'd had to wait for Series 2, I probably would've gotten that colour myself.
imageproxy.php

As Iza says, there's no specified genders on the Minis, and there's no way to input a name, either, so you don't need to worry about any of that. The included instructions will tell you most of what you need to know.
THANK YOU!!!! OMG I'M SO EXCITED IT'S CRAZY.
imageproxy.php
And great if there aren't any specific genders. xD Now I know I won't have to turn evil and keep resetting it until it turns into a girl just so I can give it a certain name. xD Thank you all so much!!
imageproxy.php
I'm going to look into crocheting a case as well, perhaps when I get it though so it can fit better... And if my mum won't let me get that tamagotchi, I'll refuse to leave the store until she gets it.
imageproxy.php
Anyway, thanks again!!
imageproxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! They're a fun, low-maintenance tama. I like the ones I have a lot, and they'll always be important to me since they got me back into Tamagotchis in general (and helped me meet all of you here!)

The 20th ani mini was my first actual Tamagotchi device (I'd played the Game Boy game as a kid) and I really loved the simplicity of it! I saw reviewers saying it died too easily, but it's ridiculously simple to keep it healthy if you just check on it once every couple hours. They're much less demanding than they're made out to be. I personally got Mametchi and Bill on the first go with minimal effort. They also must need to be severely neglected before they get sick, because I'm on my second run and my Tama's never gotten ill.

Don't be surprised if you start to get antsy for something more complex, though. Once my first Tama reached its final stage, I was really missing all the features I'd been introduced to in the Game Boy version.

This is something that apparently not enough people know but the mini's are "promoted as a fashion accessory." meaning that they're not actually going to be that fun lol. it's simple feeding and cleaning up. It's more so meant as a novelty watch keychain and it's a nice introduction to tamagotchis or a nice way to have a cute watch that lets ppl see it and be all "whoa is that a tamagotchi!? I haven't seen one of those in years"

I've gotten really busy lately, so one of these mini's really helps since I don't have to do as much and can still have a cute tamagotchi around me.

This is something that apparently not enough people know but the mini's are "promoted as a fashion accessory." meaning that they're not actually going to be that fun lol. it's simple feeding and cleaning up. It's more so meant as a novelty watch keychain and it's a nice introduction to tamagotchis or a nice way to have a cute watch that lets ppl see it and be all "whoa is that a tamagotchi!? I haven't seen one of those in years"

I've gotten really busy lately, so one of these mini's really helps since I don't have to do as much and can still have a cute tamagotchi around me.
I don't know where they're being promoted as a fashion-accessory, but that's certainly not how they've been promoted in the UK. :lol: Over here, the promotional line has been "Tamagotchi is Back!", with much less space given to how cut-down the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini is over the original P1 (which the "Tamagotchi is Back!" and "Just like you remember it!" approach is causing people to expect).

They also can't very well promote a £10 keychain as a fashion-accessory, here, because that'd be a really expensive fashion-keychain! (And bear in mind that the UK never got the original Tamagotchi Mini in the 2000s, so any sort of Mini is a new product to this country, with no precedent set by the earlier Minis.)

Had they been a bit more open about how these have been "streamlined" from the originals, I suspect that the disappointment that some have experienced with them wouldn't have happened, or least not to such a great degree.

For my part, I was slightly disappointed initially even though I went in knowing exactly how cut-down the 20th Anniversary Mini is, but I came to appreciate it for what it is after it prompted me to purchase an original P1 on eBay (my back-in-the-day one is currently missing, unfortunately). I usually run mine as a side thing alongside a more "standard" virtual pet with a similar lifespan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, if it's being advertised as "ITS BACK FOLKS", then I can see how people are getting a bit confused and frustrated. Especially, if they're not huge tama fans who know about every release and that the Chibi-Tama's/Tama-Mini's ever existed. ALways wanted a chibi, so I'm just happy it was re-released. o/ If it prompts people to remember Tamagotchi's and start buying them again, that's cool. :) But yeah, it's a nice to know thing that it's not meant as a toy to play with more so novelty piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back