Eek, the screen disappeared >_>;

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumi

Reaction score
[SIZE=8pt]Ohk, now I've had my V3 tamagotchi for a while now, and the battery died a bit ago and I left it in my room until I got a new battery. Well, After about a few months, I had forgotten about it, and just yesterday I got a new battery for it. After putting it in and playing on my new tama for about 15 min. I paused it and started working on homework. Today I brought it with me to use on a watch for a field trip (lol, XD) and when I checked the time on the bus, the screen was blank. When I pressed all 3 buttons together, the screen went black and it beeped, and when I held down the A button the egg showed up and it beeped. But when I let go of the button, the image disappeared.. After a bit of messing with the buttons, I finally got to the "Download or Reset" screen and I pressed download. It showed my tama, and when I went to look at the time, the screen blanked out again. Later, at home, I took out the battery and put it back in. After I reset, it worked fine for 5 min. Then, when I left it alone for a bit, the screen went blank again. [/SIZE]

What's going on?? XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Your tamagotchi probably has a defect or a glitch. (Or there's something wrong with the battery) If replacing the battery again doesn't work, maybe you should get a new tamagotchi. Sorry! Hope I helped! :)

[SIZE=8pt]Heh, thanks ^^ I probably need a new one anyway XD lol, it's ok.. I was just so confused at the time, but thanks for the advice :) [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
No, wait. Did you get a CR2032 3V cell battery? If not the constant resetting can be blamed on the size of the battery. CR2016 and CR2025 are too thin.

How long have you had the Tama? It might have gotten worn out. But it's probably just something wrong with the battery.

No, wait. Did you get a CR2032 3V cell battery? If not the constant resetting can be blamed on the size of the battery. CR2016 and CR2025 are too thin.
Yeah, if the battery is too thin it won't press up against the circuit board hard enough, and therefore won't work. Make sure it's a CR2032. (But my friend taped a CR2016 in hers and it worked fine, exept the battery life was a bit shorter.)

Maybe the batteries were duds or not the right type of battery. Make sure to put in CR-2032 button cell batteries. Or your Tamagotchi may be glitched. Instead of downloading, maybe resetting would be a better choice.

:) GotchiGirl96 :)

I think you got the wrong battery. When u put it in, u should feel an even surface between the tamagotchi and the battery. The type is CR2032. This is how I remeber it (although it may not make ANY sense):

See ours too, Or three too.

Something like that.

[SIZE=8pt]lol, you guys were right XD[/SIZE]

the battery i got was a CR2025, oh gee..i feel so stupid, now :furawatchi:

thanks alot, guys~! :furawatchi: (now i have to go buy the right ones XD)

[SIZE=8pt]Ohk, now I've had my V3 tamagotchi for a while now, and the battery died a bit ago and I left it in my room until I got a new battery. Well, After about a few months, I had forgotten about it, and just yesterday I got a new battery for it. After putting it in and playing on my new tama for about 15 min. I paused it and started working on homework. Today I brought it with me to use on a watch for a field trip (lol, XD) and when I checked the time on the bus, the screen was blank. When I pressed all 3 buttons together, the screen went black and it beeped, and when I held down the A button the egg showed up and it beeped. But when I let go of the button, the image disappeared.. After a bit of messing with the buttons, I finally got to the "Download or Reset" screen and I pressed download. It showed my tama, and when I went to look at the time, the screen blanked out again. Later, at home, I took out the battery and put it back in. After I reset, it worked fine for 5 min. Then, when I left it alone for a bit, the screen went blank again. [/SIZE] 

What's going on?? XD
The exact same thing happened to my v2 and then one of My v3s. My guess is that if you leave it alone without batteries for so long, the last one might start to leek, or something. Just, if you do, be aware that there is a possibility of it being all glitchy when you put a new one in.

[SIZE=8pt]lol, you guys were right XD[/SIZE]the battery i got was a CR2025, oh gee..i feel so stupid, now :)

thanks alot, guys~! :unsure: (now i have to go buy the right ones XD)
LOL I bet that was a relief! :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back