Emotionally attatched?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missvioletchi

Reaction score
Hi peoples.

I just wanted to know if you were emotionally attatched to your tama.

Like, for example, i you had to give it up would you cry?

If it died would your heart skip a beat (in a bad way)?

Curiosity strikes again :)

xoxo,

missvioletchi

I'm pretty much in love with my Tamas. I would be sad if I had to give them up. But when they die... If ever... I just go... Well, goodbye _Character_ that sort of thing and hit the reset button. Although that was a long time ago before they actually died on me... More recently its come to me pushing the reset button myself before they die.

If I had to give them up... It would have to be for a good reason. Not just I'm too old for them....

I have to admit, I do get emotionally attached.

And if I had to give them up, it would depend on the reason.

Um... idk if I'm considered EMOTIONALLY ATTATCHED, but I wouldn't like CRY if it died. if it was on like the 30th generation, yeah I would be sad, but I wouldn't cry.

Unless I start to hate the version I'm on, I would never give up Tamas!

I definately think you should start up your v2, 4.5, or even your 5 again!! You'll get used to the growth cycle, I mean the v6 just has a short growth cycle. GET USED TO IT!!! start up your log again! :p

God,im the worst!I cry everytime it has a baby then goes home,i film in on my camera,watch it again,then cry again.i get waaaaaaay too attached to them.

I am admittedly a bit sad when my 'gotchi gets married because I know that soon they'll have to leave. But I don't cry, and the life cycles that came about in the connection versions make it easier to deal with than an actual tamagotchi death. I think that if I had an iD that I had grown attached to, I would be much more disappointed if it met with death because you can choose to keep one indefinitely.

when i was about 7 i was on generation 30, i left it with my mum and the battery went, i thought i wouldnt be able to rcover it, i cried for like 2 days :)

but now i wouldn't be upset at all, mind you, im 17 now haha :p

I always get really attached to my tamas, haha~

Last edited by a moderator:
cool thanks for replying everyone :) i just want to say that im NOT AT ALL like what I discribed in the first post, in case your curious ;)

I think the only time I actually cried was when I was in... fifth grade (?) when I broke my first ever Tama. I don't think I actually cried over one particular character, just when my first ever Tama... died... it was sad, ok...? :(

The only time I cried was when I thought my dad sat on my ID by mistake. I cried over loss of $100 XD I realized how dumb I looked when I found it sitting on my bookshelf.

I was GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY with that when I had my v1.

I was six, mind you.

But still, I paniced because I thought my tama had died ( The sick skull was a different colour. NOw I just know that the figure was reaally ill, or less Ill than every time before). I bawled my eyes out Every time a tama would leave me alone with the next gen. It never actually died on me. Then again, I didnt know i could reject the matchmaker ...

Once I was taking my collection of 9 Tamas on holiday with me, and I heard a distinctive Tama death beep on the plane flight. I ignored it and when I checked inside my suitcase, my V4.5 was dead!!! I didn't cry or show any signs that I was upset cause my mom would probably have yelled at me for even caring.

There was this one Tama, a second generation Dazzilitchi whose father had won an award, that was particularly precious to me. I say WAS because she died for no reason, reset herself then shortly broke. I didn't cry over a Tama, ever. Not even when I was 5.

I got my first Tamagotchi (V1) when I was five or six.

I remember never feeding it, never playing with it, shouting when it beeped...ect...ect..

Bob, as I called him, died the next day. I was literally in HYSTERICS!

After a day of constant crying my Mum bought me another V1 and I cared for him as best as I could. This was the start of my collection!

Good times!

:)

:rolleyes: Yep, im deffo attached.

My v4.5 is currently on 16th gen, so its pretty obvious i would cry if i lost my 16th gen. If i ever had to give up my tamas.... I wouldn't cry but i would deffo miss them ALOT, B) Yea thats pretty much it

From Sakura-san123 :ichigotchi:

Since they do not have the same emotional impact as games, it is rather obvious that i can´t nor will ever get emotionally attatched to it, Perhaps under different circumstances, if i´m "down" and all i spend my time with is my tama, then things might be different.

Either way, that´s why i love japan. All of it´s products, including games obviously ;) Are top-notch. They possess a totally different culture than our own, and they show it through the making of thousands of excellent games.

It´s pure art =). There hasn´t been a single japanese Game, that has been JUST a game to me. All of them are more than games. The emotional depth they put into plots, characters, etc is just mind-blowing.

That´s why i can´t wait to move to japan ;P Same thing applies for Tamas, They´re not as "strong" as games, but heck, who knows? Someday i might feel sad to see my tama die, it all depends on your current state of mind really =)

John - ジョンさん.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back