Emotions, how do you deal with them?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamaimon

Reaction score
So, recently, last night, actually. Someone I was pretty close to stopped all contact with me all of a sudden. Keep in mind that I am dating her brother, and we got along great! Well, serious things are happening with him and his family, and I've been (was) keeping in contact with them, so I thought everything was good between all of us.

The point is, I've been stressing severely and it brought up my curiosity about how you all deal with your emotions. What do you to calm yourself down when stressed or upset? Do you have special things you do?

You do not have to go into detail if you do not want to.

:)

Reactions: Box
An MLP/reading/video game marathon from 10 PM to 2 AM generally works best for me. It doesn't solve the problem, but it prevents me from taking any action about it until I've calmed down and am able to think about the situation logically. I'm not the sort of person who gets totally blinded by emotions and starts acting irrationally, but I am likely to start writing a long explanation (or, even worse, an awful annoying poem) about whatever it is that's bothering me, which only upsets me and makes me think about it even MORE.

I make and sell sculptures, and kneading the clay and working with it helps me focus and calm down a lot. Sometimes I'll even play really intense video games. Anything to keep me focused on something else.

Just like anything else, I wonder :D

Wait, other people's emotions don't count?

Mostly playing video games. I also find folding laundry to be oddly relaxing. And writing lists of random things. Pretty much any mindless, repetitive task.

Hitch my mini horse to the cart, and go for a drive. Or go swimming, take the dogs for a walk, or ride my bike. All depends on how I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back