Envy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I'm moving house this Thursday, so I won't be writing for a few days.

I've got around half a chapter... I don't know how to continue.

Chapter 6: Possibly

My eyes flicker from Envy to my burnt hand and back. I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out. I don't know what to say. My mouth remains open for another second, before I move my head to face ground. After looking back at him once more, I simply turned and walked away, leaving him there, confused and sad, for a second time today.

The morning comes slowly to me. The second day of school, my second day of being eighteen, my second day of year 12. A second day of confusion. I don’t know what to say to Envy. I wanted to say yes to him yesterday, but I knew I shouldn’t have.

I feel like I'm going to lose him altogether.

I come to school slowly, staring at the ground pointlessly. Nothing really excites me. My head kept replaying his question, thinking what might have happened if I said yes. I imagined him smiling, the way he does when I'm sweet to him. I thought of him kissing me again, yet my mind was suddenly filled with the terrors of what could have happened if he turned out to not be as sweet and perfect as I think he is. Banishing those thoughts, my Envy is my Envy and I want it to stay that way, even if I keep refusing him. I want him to be mine in the end, no matter what happens. My life has become like a story, otherworldly creatures showing up right in front of me. It's unrealistic, though I would never pinch myself to check if I'm dreaming. Envy is mine, dream or not. I will not lose.

Even with a head full of those hopes, I would never expect for Envy to care so much to find me at a time like this. I stopped when his shoes came into my view, smiling to myself. A time like this makes me know I won't lose, especially not to Scarlett.

When I lift my head to look at him, he's grinning softly at me. I chuckle. "You care that much, don't you?"

I don't need an answer. Instead he just lets out a small laugh and leans down to kiss my cheek. His lips are still soft, the way the always are. I watch him in awe, wondering how he could be so persistent.

"You will never give up on me," I state, glancing at the ground., "So, I guess I have no choice. Go on, ask me out."

He laughs again. "I could teach you. Shadow magic, I mean.”

I nod happily.

“Meet me at the park off your street on Saturday at twelve.”

“Sure. Also you may walk me the remaining...” I shuffle to the left so I can see down the street. The school isn’t very far away, “Well... twenty metres to school.”

He turns and laughs. “Yay.”

I jump a little bit ahead of him. When I look back Envy just smiles at me before he wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me too his side. I nearly fell, but he held me tightly. I don’t think he would let go of me for anyone else.

I'm open for ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideas?

*waves hand madly*

How about Envy shows her shadow magic etc - this gives you a chance to explain what they can do - and our good friend Lust walks in on them and gets really angry?

I just think having Lust freaking out would be fun xD

Haha :mellow: thanks.

That's a good idea since the sisters aren't really involved in the story very much.

slightly more :ph34r:

The week passes the way I expected it to. On Wednesday, Envy met me in the exact same spot as Tuesday. He walked me to school, then home again. On Thursday he waited at the end of my street. He held my hand on the way to school. After school, Envy has to be home as soon as possible. I watched him walk away, smiling to myself as he ignored the girls who were trying all too hard to talk to him.

Today he was a street from our school. He walked me to school again. When school finished, he was at the gate where we shared our first kiss.

Now he is holding my hand and we're just seconds away from my home. When we stop her holds my hands up and smiles at me. I just love that grin.

I'm about to thank him when he begins to talk. "So, Rose," He says, "Are we together now?"

I nod instinctively. "At least I think so."

He grins wider before leaning forward to me. I can tell he wants to kiss me, so I pull him down to me. His lips brush briefly against mine, though he steps back away from me instantly. I look at him, puzzled, until my mother clears her throat.

She is standing right next to us with her hands on her hips and a menacing look on her face. She doesn't need to say anything to explain what she's thinking. Her expression practically has it written down on paper: what are you doing with my daughter?

Envy and I open our mouths to speak. We turn to look at each other, both relying on the other one to say something. No sound escapes.

My mother turns her head from me to Envy and back to me. "And who's this?" She demands.

Envy speaks first. "Um… hi, Mrs -" He quickly glances at me and I shake my head. "Miss Whitney?"

I nod briefly.

"I'm Envy…" He pauses. "And I - well… I am your daughter's boyfriend."

My mother's hand raises to her mouth and she steps back. I can tell by the look in her eyes that what's got her so feared is not the fact that I have a boyfriend, it's that she seems to know that he isn't human. And she's also recognised him as the boy I drew. The supposedly evil boy.

"Mum, I -"

She stares at me. "Him?" She questions, fear coating her voice, "But he's -"

I am trying my hardest to explain to her that I actually love him. He's not that evil boy. I just thought he was. The only way I can explain it is by saying it straight forward. "Mum," I stutter, "I love him. I swear."

They both freeze. Envy seems to smile at me, but Mum's face is a whole other story. She's absolutely dumb founded.

Mum straightens herself. She turns to Envy. "And do you love my daughter?"

"Yes, I love her." He replies confidently, without any hesitation what so ever.

I want to kiss him so badly, to say those words to him alone. So maybe it's only been a week, but I loved him from the very start. I want to know if it was the same for him, if that love in his eyes was real. He saved my life for a reason. Yet my mother is still standing there. She is metres away, but it's like a wall between us. I can't say anything. It'd ruin the moment.

end of that chapter :) also ignore the last post because i edited it so here it is again

The week passes well, to my delight. On Wednesday, Envy met me a few streets from the school. He walked me to school, smiling all the way, and home again. On Thursday he was around the corner of my street. He held my hand on the way to school. After school, Envy had to be home as soon as possible. I watched him walk away, smiling to myself as he ignored the girls who were trying all too hard to talk to him.

Today Envy met me just streets from our school. He walked me to school again. When school finished, he was at the gate where we shared our first kiss.

Now he is holding my hand and we're just seconds away from my home. When we stop her holds my hands up and smiles at me. I just love that grin.

I'm about to thank him when he begins to talk. "So, Rose," He says, "Are we together now?"

I nod instinctively. "At least I think so."

He grins wider before leaning forward to me. I can tell he wants to kiss me, so I pull him down to me. His lips brush briefly against mine, though he steps back away from me instantly. I look at him, puzzled, until my mother clears her throat.

She is standing right next to us with her hands on her hips and a menacing look on her face. She doesn't need to say anything to explain what she's thinking. Her expression practically has it written down on paper: what are you doing with my daughter?

Envy and I open our mouths to speak. We turn to look at each other, both relying on the other one to say something. No sound escapes.

My mother turns her head from me to Envy and back to me. "And who's this?" She demands.

Envy speaks first. "Um… hi, Mrs. -" He quickly glances at me and I shake my head. "Miss Whitney?"

I nod briefly.

"I'm Envy…" He pauses. "And I - well… I am your daughter's boyfriend."

Chapter 7: Mine

My mother's hand raises to her mouth and she steps back. I can tell by the look in her eyes that what's got her so feared is not the fact that I have a boyfriend, it's that she seems to know that he isn't human. And she's also recognized him as the boy I drew. The supposedly evil boy.

"Mum, I -"

She stares at me. "Him?" She questions, fear coating her voice, "But he's -"

I am trying my hardest to explain to her that I actually love him. He's not that evil boy. I just thought he was. The only way I can explain it is by saying it straightforward. "Mum," I stutter, "I love him. I swear."

They both freeze. Envy seems to smile at me, but Mum's face is a whole other story. She's absolutely dumb founded.

Mum straightens herself. She turns to Envy. "And do you love my daughter?"

"Yes, I love her." He replies confidently, without any hesitation what so ever.

I want to kiss him so badly, to say those words to him alone. So maybe it's only been a week, but I loved him from the very start. I want to know if it was the same for him, if that love in his eyes was real. He saved my life for a reason.

I glance at Mum, but her face is still in fear. I can see in her eyes that she knows he could just as easily be lying to both of us. I would never want to think that in a million years, but somehow the thought still slips into my mind and for just a split second I partially believe it.

The first time he saw me I saw the love in his eyes. After just seconds that look turned into hatred and evil. I ran from him because I believed that mask. All Mum can see is that mask glued to his face. To me he's picked it up from the ground and he's holding it his hand. I don't even understand why. And neither of us knows what to do with it.

Envy looks at me with a strange expression on his face. I can't tell if he's sad or confused.

We both turn to my mum. She looks away angrily. "Rose, come inside. I need to talk to you," She turns around quickly and storms towards the front door. Once she's out of sight, I turn back to Envy.

"What was that?" He asks, his voice strained.

"What?" I reply quietly.

"Your face. The way you looked at me just then."

I don't say anything. I can't. How can I explain to him that I doubted my trust for him?

"Rose," He sighs. "Please don't doubt me. I meant it when I said I love you."

I simply look at my feet and fiddle around with my skirt's hem. So why can't I say it now?

"Rose, please say something."

I open my mouth slowly and hold my fringe off of my face. "I love you, Envy."

Envy's face relaxes and he smiles softly. I smile back at him, but out of the corner of my eye I can see my mum waiting in the doorway.

"I need to go…"

"Not before I get that kiss."

My cheeks redden quickly and instinctively I turn my gaze away from him.

Envy's smile widens. He lifts his hand to my face and gently turns my head towards him. "You are so adorable." Even he is blushing. I close my eyes. I can feel him moving closer to me. His lips touch mine, soft and perfect, just like every other time.

The kiss lasts for minutes.

It only ends when my mother grabs a hold of my hair and yanks me down. "I said, I need to talk to you."

She lets go of my hair and takes my arm, dragging me to the house.

"Rose, him!? You know what he is, don't you?" Mum yells.

I nod my head, keeping my sight to the ground. "He told me everything."

"He's dangerous, Rose!"

Suddenly I remember something: she hid so much from me for eighteen years. I raise my head.

"Mum, look, I know what I am! I know what I can do! I know that my father was a Shadow man, so get over it!" I scream. "And I know I'm a Shadow girl too! I don't understand why you tried to keep all of this from me! I could have had a life, you know!"

She looks taken back. "Rose-"

"I don't want to hear it," I tell her bluntly, "You were trying to protect me from the danger that didn't exist. Instead, you created a danger for me! What if, Mum, when I was a child I discovered the magic and kill someone? Or killed myself? Or maybe I could have been put in danger, and I wouldn't have been able to protect myself? You didn't think of that, did you? Nothing you do will ever be able to stop me from loving Envy."

She frowns at me. All she wants is to just get her way, for me to live the normal boring life that I don't want anymore.

And she thinks I hadn't noticed that my blood is black.

“Do you realize how many times I've been to the hospital in my childhood, just for them to make sure my blood is fine? It's freaking black." I shout, "I can't live a life where every time I hurt myself I have to go to the doctor or a hospital. I'm one of them, Mum. I don't belong here."

Mum continues to frown at me.

"I can't life a god dang life where my own mother doesn't care about me anymore."

She opens her mouth to speak, but it seems to me that she can't think of anything to say to me after that.

I turn away from her before she has a chance a chance. Out of curiosity, I peek out of the door. Envy is still standing there, staring into thin air, his mouth only just open. He looks like he's waiting for something. He stays there for at least five minutes, before I open the door. Envy's head moves slowly down to see me. He smiles as I walk towards him, and past him, across the road to the park on my street. He follows me around into the playground, where I sit on his lap in the dirt. He wraps his arms around my waist, all without saying a word.

We both watch the clouds in the sky, floating past slowly. My head rests gently on his shoulder, feeling the warmth of his breath on my cheek. After what feels like an hour, I fall asleep in his arms.

A sweet dream soon enters my mind, a place warm and sunny, a soft grassy floor, scattered with flowers. I'm by myself in the grass, lying down in the flowers. As I sit up, a figure appears in the meadow next to me.

His arm reaches over me, wrapping around my shoulder. He kisses my cheek. "Hello again, Rose," He utters sweetly. I turn to him, his soft black hair brushing against my forehead.

"Envy…” I begin. He smiles at me before he lifts his hand to run his fingers through my hair. "I love you."

I kiss him gently until he breaks away to take a breath. As I open my eyes, I notice another figure standing at the edge of the grass. The background is purely white, no clouds or sun in sight. I look around us. There is no continuation of the grass. The meadow stops where the perfection ends.

comments?

Um... ignore this post. Accidentally clicked the post button then wanted to write more, so I stopped the loading... but it posted anyway D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi... haven't posted anything for a while, but I kind of started writing a chapter in between after Rose fights Scarlett and when Envy comes to find her in the morning... it's not finished yet but it got really confusing because I have to add in another 2 and a half chapters in the middle of it so that it fits... and then edit the bit after. I'll get around to it but I haven't had many ideas recently. Also I changed Rose's age back to 17. I thought about it for a while and I think I'd rather her be a few months younger than like a whole year older than she should be. And Envy's birthday is in December... coz I like that month(that's when my birthday is... teehee). He's already 17 though, so yeah.

Heheh. :(

Heya! No posts for like a month :|

Anyhoo... this might be easier for all of us :D : I've posted it on FictionPress.com, so that way it's easier to edit n stuff. Also alot of the middle changed, and it's no where near where it was up to before. It will take time before it is. So anyway, here's a link. Feel free to review. (Most of the first three chapters are the same, so you don't need to read them if you can't be stuffed)The story has a clicky :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back