Epidemic Pre-Discussion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntSnow

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Before I post this into the official RP board, I'd like to know everyone's opinion on it. I'm not sure how the RP will be played yet, but I'm leaning between either a "random occurrence" style game where new announcements are made at the beginning of each day (ie. Kathy catches the virus, Kevin dies, Kennedy discovers an antidote), a player-vs-NPC style game (refer to The Hunt), or a PvP game. Welp, here it is-

Epidemic takes place in twenty-fourth century Europe. Scientists have made an incredible breakthrough [2514] by injecting zygotes into hollowed eggs, thereby creating a self-sustaining process for a baby to develop without the need for others. The new method had not yet been implemented, but could have been the most effective method for population control. The only requirements were a sperm and egg donor, and warm temperature for the baby to grow. After the first eggs had been successfully created and stored away [2516] riots began accusing the scientists for "tampering with God's work" and an underground network of criminals sent out envelopes containing a white powder with a message. The message read-

If you want population control, here it is.

This envelope contains the most deadly virus to have ever been engineered.

It will ensure population control.

It is airborne, and can be spread through contact as well.

No vaccine will be effective.

Watch all your loved ones fade away one by one.

And they were right. By November 2, 2520, approximately 98% of the world's population had been lost. The rest of the infected were quarantined, and the only humans guaranteed to test negative for "Virus Y" were the ones within the eggs. It was unanimously agreed by the members within the quarantine chambers that these babies should be nurtured and set into the open world once they turned 15. [2535] Nearly every plant, animal, or water source may have traces of the virus waiting to strike. The remainder of the infected had died and the only ones left are the offspring that brought this world to ruin. Will they attempt to rebuild what had been lost, or go insane and let the human population go extinct?

I'm accepting any constructive criticisms and I've also made a poll for you to vote on a few questions I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back