Equal marriage

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hwd45

Reaction score
The past few months have really shown a development of the rights of LGBT people, with many countries and states legalising same-sex marriage. Of course, this is a very controversial topic as many people passionately disagree with the legalisation.

The UK is slowly getting closer to equal marriage. As a male who identifies as homosexual, I'm really excited for that day to come, even though I don't intend on getting married just yet. What are your thoughts?

Oh, and I want to make this pretty clear since the homosexuality thread got locked because of this:

Be careful what you right. Each post is only the writer's opinion but do keep in mind that opinions may offend people. I'm the case that you are offended by someone's opinion, questioning their opinion is fine, just don't respond with clear hostility.

And I don't really want to see homosexuality brought up too much in this topic... Remember that same-sex marriage and homosexuality are quite separate topics.

Its great to hear that this is starting to be accepted more worldwide :)

I've personally accept same-sex marriages. It doesn't affect how i live in anyway, and everybody wants to be loved :3

I really hope that the UK does allow you to marry someday. ^_^ Hopefully pass that soon too! :D

This is generally very accepted at my school, their nobody cares on your orientation. Just one of those good schools i guess.

Best of luck to you hwd45 :D

I have zero problems with same-sex marriage. Since I'm Nazo's brother, the school thing is covered. I don't care who you are. Love is love right? People get their dogs married so same-sex marriage should be considered normal.

I think homosexual couples should be allowed to get married because they love each other and aren't hurting anyone. They should have the right to live a life of happiness together, adopt children, and not be discriminated against.

I don't see why same-sex marriage is still illegal. A marriage should be a couple's choice and no one else's.

So like I totally don't understand politics or anything but did I just hear that homosexual marriage was legalized today? Like for real, not just sounding like it is but it actually isn't and all that confusing political stuff?

SOMEONE PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED.

But like if that's the case then omg. I can live in home sweet SoCal for the rest of my life and be happy.

So imma be a mini-mod or whatever you kids call it nowadays and say to not go crazy and cause mass mayhem like the previous board that had this topic. That was a bit hypocritical 'cause I kinda sorta took part in that awesome chaos. But whatever I've changed maaaaan and I've left the dark side and all that stuff. Anyways guys just keep calm and don't-get-this-one-locked-again on please.

I can't really wrap my head around why it hasn't been legalized yet. I mean, marriage or not, people are going to love one another. I'm glad things are changing in the right direction though. :)

Well for the US DOMA got ruled unconstitutional, right? Doesn't that mean that federal law now recognizes same sex marriage (which would supercede state laws?)

*oops, reread the article. Sigh. I think I just got carried away because here in California everyone's celebrating so I was hoping other states would too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm of the opinion that the government (local, state, federal, doesn't matter) should have no say in who a person chooses to marry. Given that the standard definition of "marriage" (ie: man/woman) is a construct of the church, it should have no bearing on how the government defines it. Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If happiness means marrying someone of the same gender, that right should be protected. Allowing same-sex marriage wouldn't suddenly throw the country into chaos, as some groups seem to believe.

Well as Peter Griffin once said:
"Hey, if they wanna be miserable like the rest of us, i say we let 'em"

Nothing wrong with marriage of any gender mix :3

Exactly. Religion should be separated from state. Not only is religion affecting state but state is affecting religion, and through the separation of religion and state, both the religious and non-religious receive more freedom. Religion should never have to play a part in deciding the law.

I'm glad that more and more states are allowing same-sex couples to get married.

I, personally, support equal marriage. Just because churches like to look down on us doesn't mean that it should be banned all together. Religion should not affect the governments choice to legalize it.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm glad that more and more states are allowing same-sex couples to get married.

I, personally, support equal marriage. Just because churches like to look down on us doesn't mean that it should be banned all together. Religion should not affect the governments choice to legalize it.

Hope that makes sense.
It does make sense. And its so very true.

But im still questioning on why even in the first place did people frown upon this ever? i really don't see the big fuss that some people see. All i see is two humans being in love and happy. thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back