Equal marriage

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God doesn't want divorced people to remarry
wait wait... I thought divorce was sinful? And if it is carried out, the divorced people are supposed to live the rest of their lives alone? Never heard that 2nd part before.

wait wait... I thought divorce was sinful? And if it is carried out, the divorced people are supposed to live the rest of their lives alone? Never heard that 2nd part before.
[Yes divorce is a sin according many churches. According to those churches, divorced people are not supposed to remarry because it is a form of adultery.]

But anyway, I personally have no problem with same-sex marriage, and people should have the freedom to marry those of the same sex as long as it agrees with their moral values. Not everyone has the same values or religion, so interfering with the rights of others based on what you believe (so long as they are not hurting anyone) is wrong in my opinion.

Jesus said the following(Luke 16:18):

18 “Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."

The Bible is not per se against divorce(in the sense of temporary leaving your partner), so it's not really divorce(1 Corinthians 7:10-11):

(Note that the thing between brackets is how it is written, they're not made by me)

To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

If you would like to continue on this topic(I wouldn't see why though, since I think it's pretty clear) we should go to the religion thread or something because this is quite offtopic as it is now. ;)

And, yes, I know a lesbian person(online) quite well. I know she is very friendly and she knows my views too.
It's totally me isn't it Stephen we're like best buddies five-ever aren't we ol' buddy ol' pal gimme five man

You get a Stephen snack

So um today one of my friends came out to me as gay. That was kinda obvious though since he collects dolls to sew various dresses he designs. He wants to be a fashion designer. So um yeah. But apparently I was the first person he came out to. He was saying he wants to come out to more people but he's scared. So then I gave him the whole talk that I got from a friend when I was a lil' youngin'. Poor kid didn't even know what the word "homophobic" meant. I taught him the difference between homophobes and people with strong beliefs. I sure hope he understood everything. I'm apparently his only friend so I'll be teaching him a lot of things to know as LGBT.

But when we get to the talk about liking someone who's straight...That's gonna be painful. And he currently does really really like a straight guy. I don't want to break it to him.

But when we get to the talk about liking someone who's straight...That's gonna be painful. And he currently does really really like a straight guy. I don't want to break it to him.
That...
That's the worst feeling in the world. Suffered with it for about a year now. And guess what he did the other day? He said that I should go to a gay bar with him. He's still straight though. I just don't even... This is like torture xD

Good news, guys. Same sex marriage was legalized in New Mexico yesterday!

Marriage recently (yes, I know I'm only 14 :p I mean generally) is less about the person you love and more about who can have the better venue or reception. The better food and more people attending. There are tv shows about woman having weddings one after the other and judging them on their dress, atmosphere etc. I know everyone has a feeling of wanting to have the better of something, or be better at something and it has been this since the human race began but it is far worse in recent times.

It's almost like it has lost all meaning to it. Personally (and I know a LOT of people are going to be annoyed with what I'm going to say) I think marriage in general is stupid. If you love the person you're with (be it man or woman, same sex or different) you don't need to have a separate title to show that.

It would make everything far more equal too. I a few gay couple who are in civil partnerships and they have said how it feels like they are different and don't deserve the title of being 'wed'.

Personally (and I know a LOT of people are going to be annoyed with what I'm going to say) I think marriage in general is stupid. If you love the person you're with (be it man or woman, same sex or different) you don't need to have a separate title to show that.

It would make everything far more equal too. I a few gay couple who are in civil partnerships and they have said how it feels like they are different and don't deserve the title of being 'wed'.
I sorta have to agree with you--most people only seem to get married nowadays for the legal aspects, the tax deductions, and sometimes for bad purposes, such as 'gold-digging' and having the intention of taking away their spouse's house, car, etc. I don't know of a lot who do it for religious purposes and few who do it for real love. Some have done it to just finally move out of their parents' house, too. So yes, I will say that it's lost a lot of the ideal meaning people have given it before.

Marriage recently (yes, I know I'm only 14 :p I mean generally) is less about the person you love and more about who can have the better venue or reception. The better food and more people attending. There are tv shows about woman having weddings one after the other and judging them on their dress, atmosphere etc. I know everyone has a feeling of wanting to have the better of something, or be better at something and it has been this since the human race began but it is far worse in recent times.

It's almost like it has lost all meaning to it. Personally (and I know a LOT of people are going to be annoyed with what I'm going to say) I think marriage in general is stupid. If you love the person you're with (be it man or woman, same sex or different) you don't need to have a separate title to show that.

Yoggs, I definitely see where you're coming from. The value of marriage does seem like it's on a decline.

That said, I see marriage as a confirmation of commitment. I definitely agree that a separate title isn't necessary, but it makes your love for another special someone a little more tangible. Although marriage isn't quite what it used to be, I still think it's a pretty amazing step in your life.

''A child should have a mother and a father''... I don't believe in that bull *removed*. Sorry for the language, but I'm SICK of that bull *removed*!!!

What a child truly needs, I'll tell you what it is! LOVE! That's what a child needs! All the way! Conjugal violence, that's a thing you should fight against! Not LOVE! Don't fight against LOVE!!

I read somewhere that every opposite-sex couple has 40% chances of getting divorced when they marry! Should we then interdict divorce? A child needs 2 parents at home, doesn't he? And what about those men that leave their expecting girlfriend? Only having ONE mom and nothing else, that's not 'natural', isn't it? So we should take the child away from their mother and hand it out for adoption! But isn't adopting... bad, too? Because what is that child going to say to his friends? And why are we caring about friends anyways? Friends come and go, stop by and fly away. Family doesn't go. Family stays, forever.

*removed - negative, intolerant and off topic* - please think carefully before you post replies in this forum. If you are not able to keep your posts mature and sensible nor your behaviour within the rules for this site, please do not participate in the topic. Apologies or excuses are not necessary - please respect the site rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even know why is it such a big deal. Two guys or two girls getting married, who is harmed? Literally no one. Pope Francis accepts homosexuals so this bull *removed* should be ended already. And I hate when people compare it to marrying a dog or a child- it's another living, consensual person.

I am a huge supporter of LGBT marriage. As a Catholic Christian, I do not think your religion should be a reason not to support it!

Sorry for swearing earlier, I really do not realize when I do that... I guess I have a problem.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with other religions, but christian people are against homosexuality and equal marriage just because of what Bible said. Well, Bible is also against wearing clothes from the two different things, and also says that slavery is okay and that woman should be obedient towards a man. Bible was written few centuries ago and was full of old standards... Might as well still consider bloodletting a medicine for everything.

I find that marriage is about showing love and making that bond of love sealed. I really don't understand why people are so against same-sex marriage, either way its still love. Imagine if you were so in love with someone that you felt a serious urge to marry them and then you were told by the government that you cannot get married because of your sexuality. If that were me I'd find it very harsh and very wrong. I think that just because people are gay or lesbian doesn't mean they can't love. Its love all the same.

I don't call myself a hardcore supporter of same-sex marriage, but at the same time, I've got no reason to oppose it either. Wanna marry someone of the same sex as you - by all means, be my guest; I promise I won't crash your wedding, nor will I treat you differently from anyone else. All I ask for is to refrain from misunderstanding.

Why some people may use their religion as an excuse when it comes to same-sex marriage though, is beyond me. Not that I know nor care about the complex details anyways...

Hm, I used to strongly oppose it but now I have no opinion on it. I think I'm still a little more on the non-supporter side, because of reasons. :blink: I have no wish to describe the reasons for my opinion because I've already had enough hatred, even stating my feelings kindly and calmly. Plus I do not wish to hurt the feelings of anyone gay or a supporter of gay marriage :)

I'm all for it. My opinions aren't very strong, and if one is against it I don't mind.

better than having ur sexuality erased

I support it despite being raised against it. It's not something I'm wildly passionate about, but still something I'm invested enough in that I'm subscribed to a email newsletter that updates me on the progress of equal marriage. Everyone deserves the right to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back