Equal marriage

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://fav.me/d7o5slq

Here's an interesting read, not written by me but I agree with it. Being against immorality of any kind (masturbation, sex before marriage, etc) I am also against anal and oral sex not only because I believe it is incorrect but because it is also physically harmful. I'm not being "unfair" to gays since I believe straight couples shouldn't do it either. Yeah I know true love isn't about sex but homosexuality basically means "being sexually attracted to people of the same gender".

If "Love has no gender" then why do gay people only love people with the same genitals that they have? :mellow:

I don't give a fig if someone's in a relationship with someone of the same gender but I don't believe they should marry or have intercourse.

Maybe I'm just a grouch because one of my online friends on a different site killed herself due to so many people being horrible to her for not supporting gay marriage.

Freedom of opinions! I've never said anything bad to a gay or a supporter of gay marriage so I don't see why people against gay marriage deserve hatred.

https://fav.me/d7o5slqHere's an interesting read, not written by me but I agree with it. Being against immorality of any kind (masturbation, sex before marriage, etc) I am also against anal and oral sex not only because I believe it is incorrect but because it is also physically harmful. I'm not being "unfair" to gays since I believe straight couples shouldn't do it either. Yeah I know true love isn't about sex but homosexuality basically means "being sexually attracted to people of the same gender".

If "Love has no gender" then why do gay people only love people with the same genitals that they have? :mellow:

I don't give a fig if someone's in a relationship with someone of the same gender but I don't believe they should marry or have intercourse.

Maybe I'm just a grouch because one of my online friends on a different site killed herself due to so many people being horrible to her for not supporting gay marriage.

Freedom of opinions! I've never said anything bad to a gay or a supporter of gay marriage so I don't see why people against gay marriage deserve hatred.
Just wondering, why are you against masturbation? I can see how you're against the other things because they can be harmful, but I really don't understand this one.

Also, why do you not believe they should get married? Why is it okay to have a relationship, but you don't want them to get married?

People against gay marriage are disliked because they're seen as interfering in something that's none of their business; gay people getting married isn't going to harm anyone, so why protest against it? Being against high taxes or immigration or other big issues is different, because those things are actually going to have a negative impact on other people. But gay marriage? It's none of your, or my, business. The only people whose business it is, is gay people who want to get married.

Yes it is none of my business but I'm allowed to have an opinion Just like someone smoking is none of my business but I can have an opinion on that too.

I know people who do not support gay marriage are disliked and I find that extremely unfair. I don't dislike gay people. Non-gay-marriage-supporters are hated even worse than gay people as far as I've seen. I already get enough messages on other sites telling me to kill myself because of my stance on gay marriage. Hence another reason I oppose it; I wish it didn't exist since it causes so much conflict and hatred amongst people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is none of my business but I'm allowed to have an opinion Just like someone smoking is none of my business but I can have an opinion on that too.

I know people who do not support gay marriage are disliked and I find that extremely unfair. I don't dislike gay people. Non-gay-marriage-supporters are hated even worse than gay people as far as I've seen. I already get enough messages on other sites telling me to kill myself because of my stance on gay marriage. Hence another reason I oppose it; I wish it didn't exist since it causes so much conflict and hatred amongst people.
Smoking kills tbh, even if you inhale it without actually smoking the cigarette, so it's not really correct to say that if someone smokes, it's none of your business: if he smokes near you, he's poisoning you as well, not only himself.

Gay marriage is different I think: I can't really see anything wrong in two men or two women marrying each other; if they love each other, why their love shouldn't be celebrated just like that between a man and a woman? Of course, I am against homosexual marriage in a church, or anyways following a christian/whatever religion ritual (that would be plain stupid), but really can't see anything wrong with a legal marriage. Of course everyone has their opinions, I don't hate neither on those who are against homosexual marriage nor on those who support it (homo or straight, doesn't matter), there is freedom of speech for a reason :D

PS: I agree with Rainbow dazz, why the hate on masturbation?

This has been bothering me ever since I first saw these commercials and I figured this thread would be the most appropriate place to rant about it.

The commercials are for some show where a guy and a girl are set up for what is essentially a blind date, but instead of just dating they're getting married. They don't know anything about each other and have never even seen each other, yet they're getting married. The show then follows them to see if they can make it as a married couple.

Now, this makes me wonder why something like this is okay but two people of the same gender getting married is supposedly a "mockery of the institution." So two people who truly love each other being married is wrong because they have the same sexual organs but it's hunky-dory for two strangers to get married and make a game show out of it because their parts are different?

And I, too, am curious why you're against masturbation, EMF. I always thought it was healthy, especially for men since it supposedly helps prevent prostate cancer.

https://fav.me/d7o5slq

Here's an interesting read, not written by me but I agree with it. Being against immorality of any kind (masturbation, sex before marriage, etc) I am also against anal and oral sex not only because I believe it is incorrect but because it is also physically harmful. I'm not being "unfair" to gays since I believe straight couples shouldn't do it either. Yeah I know true love isn't about sex but homosexuality basically means "being sexually attracted to people of the same gender".

I understand you're against homosexuality. I'm not going to contest that. However, I don't understand why you're against allowing them to choose whether they can marry. It seems like marriage/intercourse is the an issue for the couple alone...?

I'd like to address the "Love has no gender" statement. People aren't initially attracted to genitals--they are attracted to the person as a whole. Some people find they fall in love with one gender; some with the other; others with both. Also, if you consider the dynamics of a relationship for a trans person, you see what I mean.

I'm sorry about your friend. Please note, however, that LGBTQ teens have committed suicide over bullying for being who they are. Bullying that leads to suicide shows a huge problem in our society that we need to change.

Point number four: If homosexuality isn't a choice, why can Bisexuals choose?You read that right. Bisexuals often change their "percentage" of how much gay or straight they are. I personally have seen someone change from 40% straight 60% gay to 25% straight 75% gay. Obviously choosing to be more attracted to one gender than the other.
I think Mr. Bauwens is missing the point here. These people are not CHOOSING their attraction. They are observing to whom they have felt attracted, and they also observe how that changes. Sexuality is proven to be at least somewhat fluid. Yes, people choose who they date. But they don't choose who they love.

This has been bothering me ever since I first saw these commercials and I figured this thread would be the most appropriate place to rant about it.

The commercials are for some show where a guy and a girl are set up for what is essentially a blind date, but instead of just dating they're getting married. They don't know anything about each other and have never even seen each other, yet they're getting married. The show then follows them to see if they can make it as a married couple.

Now, this makes me wonder why something like this is okay but two people of the same gender getting married is supposedly a "mockery of the institution." So two people who truly love each other being married is wrong because they have the same sexual organs but it's hunky-dory for two strangers to get married and make a game show out of it because their parts are different?

And I, too, am curious why you're against masturbation, EMF. I always thought it was healthy, especially for men since it supposedly helps prevent prostate cancer.
I disagree with people getting married and barely know eachother too. ;/ I don't see how saying "Two people of the same gender shouldn't marry" is any more offensive then saying something like "12-year-olds shouldn't date" or "People shouldn't date online" or "Siblings shouldn't marry".

I'm against masturbation because it's easy to become addicted to it and is mentally harmful. If you were molested and forced to help someone masturbate on a daily basis like I used to be you'd understand. Sexual pleasure should only be shared between two people who truly love eachother; having sex with someone you're not married to, barely know, or masturbating is just for selfish desires. :( Lust is wanting sexual pleasure for yourself. Love is wanting to please your partner.

I'm actually a bad example of a homophobe ;/ I'm not as opposing as you think. When I find out someone is gay I don't say anything against it and I've helped my gay friends with their relatoinships/crushes. It's not really up to me to decide who can marry and who can't but I just have fussy opinions. x'D I get death threats and horrible insults a lot for my opinions so I'm glad people on TamaTalk aren't as angry at me. :)

Just wondering, why are you against [censored]? I can see how you're against the other things because they can be harmful, but I really don't understand this one.
(The browser filter censored that word, so I disabled it temporarily to see what the word is)

Probably because it's...inappropriate/weird/perverted/strange? Sure, it's none of my business what others do, but who would even do that anyway? o-o Isn't there better stuff to do besides...imagining/looking at disgusting stuff or whatever it is that they do? ._. ("self-abuse")

I'm 19, and thankfully I try to have a clean mind. But kids these days...ugh...with dirty minds... ಠ_ಠ

And also, just because something doesn't harm anyone, does not necessarily mean it's okay. There are things that don't "harm" anyone, but they are still wrong and can still have negative effects, directly or indirectly.

Back on topic: I prefer not to state my ideas on this equal marriage topic...but I will say that I will not annoy or bother anyone if they are "gay". I know of some TTers here who are "gay", but I don't complain about it or anything, we still just talk normally, and they seem perfectly fine. :)

And as for people who use violence against "equal marriage" and stuff...that's going too far. Even if someone is against it, attacking gay people isn't going to solve anything.

I disagree with people getting married and barely know eachother too. ;/ I don't see how saying "Two people of the same gender shouldn't marry" is any more offensive then saying something like "12-year-olds shouldn't date" or "People shouldn't date online" or "Siblings shouldn't marry".

I'm against masturbation because it's easy to become addicted to it and is mentally harmful. If you were molested and forced to help someone masturbate on a daily basis like I used to be you'd understand. Sexual pleasure should only be shared between two people who truly love eachother; having sex with someone you're not married to, barely know, or masturbating is just for selfish desires. :( Lust is wanting sexual pleasure for yourself. Love is wanting to please your partner.

I'm actually a bad example of a homophobe ;/ I'm not as opposing as you think. When I find out someone is gay I don't say anything against it and I've helped my gay friends with their relatoinships/crushes. It's not really up to me to decide who can marry and who can't but I just have fussy opinions. x'D I get death threats and horrible insults a lot for my opinions so I'm glad people on TamaTalk aren't as angry at me. :)
Okay, you disapprove of gay marriage. I can accept that since, though you might disapprove of what they do, you're still supportive of the people as people.

But how do you feel about the legality of equal marriage? Because I kind of think that's the crux of this thread. Do you believe that gay couples should have the right to marry?

Edit: I'm very sorry for what you underwent. I could say that masturbation (like sex itself) in and of itself is not wrong, but when it is abused it becomes very wrong, but that is neither here nor there and I will not elaborate.

Well, they can do what they want :p But I don't care either way whether it is illegal or not.
That's a good thing to hear. :)

I hear a lot of people (on Facebook heterosexual pride groups, especially) ranting about how we should never let gay couples marry; that it's going to harm our children, de-value heterosexual "true" marriage, make us all homosexual, purge the world of all morality, give us all AIDS, cause the extinction of the human race, etc. etc.

Stuff like this.

Something else we were told by gay advocates would never happen has just happened.
Under California law, there are no longer husbands and wives. Only spouses. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Governor Jerry Brown just wrote "husbands" and "wives" out of the law. We now have only generic "spouses."
These heterosexual pride groups really do upset me. Under the guise of religion, they rile people up and scare them into thinking that equal marriage affects them directly.

I don't see why people should be "proud" about their sexuality whether it's gay, straight, or something else. ^_^ ; It's not like it's something you accomplished and no sexuality makes you better than anyone else :p
You get my like on this one! Why should sexuality make someone different/better than another one? That is exactly why I am not against homosexuals, bisexuals, or anything, sexuality is something that regards a person and that person only, nobody should be entitled to say that "being *insert sexuality here* is the way, all the others will *insert terrible destiny/threat here*".

That is why I consider those who claim that "homosexuals will burn in hell forever because they are immoral living beings cursed by God" as much stupid as those who go parading across town during Gay Pride events, rubbing in everyone's face how cool it is to be homo...actually, both these kind of people, I think they just throw fuel on the fire of prejudice: gay pride people just make other people think that being gay means that if you're a man you're supposed to dress all feminine and be ready to jump on every man that passes near you in order to molest him (and vice versa if you're a woman), and religious maniacs just make other people think that as soon as you see someone saying "I believe in God" that means he just wants you to burn in hell as soon as your behaviour, sexuality or whatever deviates by 0,00001% from what the Bible says.

That is why I agree on that: going around full of pride for being straight/homo is just plain stupid, as you said sexuality is not something you accomplish, it's something personal and very intimate. And just as much as nobody is entitled to judge you on it, you're not entitled to judge other people on the same matter. Come on, we're in 2014 now, and people are still insulting and threatening those who think in a different way from them?

I see nothing wrong in being proud to be gay, or proud to be straight, male, female, American, Hispanic, or anything for that matter. I don't think "gay pride" means that they think they're better than straights but rather that they're not ashamed of who they are and they want they world to know they're happy being themselves. Everyone should celebrate themselves a little, even if it's over something as unspectacular as your sexuality.

I think it should be allowed. I don't see why not. If they want it let them.

This are my reasons

1 Gay people are nothing special. They are just humans. Everyone is diffrent. The one likes yellow the other one likes pink. You know what i mean

2 And even if it was harmful thats THEIR problem not yours. Even if it was bad for childeren to live in gay families (I don't think so) thats not your problem

In short just let other people live their live how they want. Thats not your buisness. And you should live your live how you want.

I am a full out homosexual and I can tell you right now I fall in love with the person not the person's genitals.

But that makes no sense; if you fall in love with the PERSON how can you only fall in love with people that have the SAME genitals? :mellow: And why break up with your girlfriend after 7 years just because she has a vagina? o.0

But that makes no sense; if you fall in love with the PERSON how can you only fall in love with people that have the SAME genitals? :mellow: And why break up with your girlfriend just because she has a vagina? o.0
Gotta break it to you...

you could say the same of heterosexuals with that argument.

Except it's totally irrelevant.

A person's gender isn't just their genitals. Their gender is their personality, their appearance, even their pheromones. If you fall in love with someone who is the same gender as you are, you're falling in love with said personality and appearance, and the pheromones cause attraction, basically.

I'm sure heterosexual women don't just fall in love with men because of their genitals. No, they fall in love with a man because he's attractive. Whatever the woman's definition of "attractive" may be.

(Not that I'd know, but...)

And homosexuals usually have trouble in heterosexual relationships because the opposite gender--as a composite--is not what they find attractive in that way.

And either way, this thread is not about the morality of homosexuality.

It is about whether or not we should deny people the right to marry the person they love.

But that makes no sense; if you fall in love with the PERSON how can you only fall in love with people that have the SAME genitals? :mellow: And why break up with your girlfriend after 7 years just because she has a vagina? o.0
What about people who fall in love with someone they've met online and have never seen before? You can never be certain of anyone's gender online. They can tell you whatever they want but until you physically meet them you'll never know 100%. If I had never met my boyfriend in person before then it'd be entirely possible that I'm in love with a girl right now, and yet I consider myself straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back