erm well you see

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

actorboi3

Reaction score
I really like this girl... but there is one problem... shes a year older then me. im worried she will say no if i ask her out. im also worried about what people will think because shes a year older.. pleasee help

It's all relative to your age. If you're 13 & she's 14 it's a lot different from if you're 23 and she's 24. Probably after you turn 16, 1 year difference in age doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same situation with a guy right now, so I know how you feel. ^_^

(He's 12, and I'm 13.)

But, that's not the point. The point is, it's only one-year of age difference. I would say that there's nothing to worry about. Act like she's just a regular crush, and most importantly, be yourself no matter what. I hope things work out. But even if they don't, don't feel bad. :D There are plenty of girls out there. (Consider waiting until High School..There's plenty of great people out there. ;) ) And you're sure to find one.

It seems like a big deal now but there are TONS of people with ages that vary. My parents are about 3 years apart and that's not uncommon. I think the reason it's a bigger deal is because the maturity gap can be more vast. A six grader generaly is alot less mature than an eight grader. A 41 and 43 year old don't have as big as maturity gap.

Cetch my drift?

I really like this girl... but there is one problem... shes a year older then me. im worried she will say no if i ask her out. im also worried about what people will think because shes a year older.. pleasee help
don't be araid :) :) :) :) :) :)

i like this guy...and he is about.....3 years older than me but he is sooo cute, really who cares what everyone thinks :) :) :) ):) :) :) "good luck"

I don't think a year is too bad. But in High School people do get bullied for very little things, even though it's not even a problem.

You should just do whatever you feel is right. Do you know her at all? Because it's easier to know if she'd say yes or no if you're already friendly. But you never know! I know a boy who is 19, and he was dating a 15 year old and that worked fine but I personally think that's a big age gap. Ecspecially since they started dating when she was 13 and him 17.

thx guys :lol: and yea i know her. shes become a good friend of mine. and it seems like she likes me. i think ill ask her out. u guys helped alot :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother about what others think. There was this girl in my year who went out with a boy who was 2 years older than her. She is currently going out with someone a year older than her who I'm surprised she is still with after she cheated on him twice!

However it could be quite likely she says no. When it in school it feels kinda wrong to out with soemone who isn't in the same year as you.

Well I hope it goes well!

I am in the same situation. I like a 5th grader and I'm in 6th.

I think, if there age difference and you two like each other and you have a lot in common ... No one should go against this.

Unfortunately there is no control over who we fall in love with. What happens, happens.

If you ask her out and she says no, don't sweat. There are plenty more fish in the sea. Especially at your age (I can kinda tell you are pretty young) you shouldn't worrying about getting a girlfriend.

tristan, dont worry, the same thing is happening over here. you know, hun, it doesnt matter about age, seriously! my brother's friend's sister likes him and hes like, 4 or 5 years older than she is. age means nothing, unless there are age laws, but relationship-wise, age doesn't matter. go for it, if it doesnt work out, there are way more girls in this world, shes not the only one.

Not to worry.My granny and grandad got married. and my grandad was younger. :)

A wise man once said, age is but a number.

If you really like her theres a chence she'll like you.

Get up your courage and ask, but remeber you may get rejected.

tt1o1

It's of course up to you, but I'm one of the youngest in my grade because I had to start school early. My current boyfriend is about six months older than me; my ex- is almost a whole year older. Things are working out, though, and nobody really says anything about it.

Hope this helps!

Im in da same boat- I like someone in the grade below me- he likes me too.

Find signs that she might like you back (ex. flirting with you, her friends being friendly to you, always looks at you, etc.)

If she does some of those things, go for it!

I'm kinda in the same situation... I'm in 8th grade and I like a 7th grader.

Don't worry if she is a year older than you......

I have a girlfriend who is 14 and I'm only 12....

If she knows that you like her but she doesn't like you then tell her if you can be friends and talk about stuff

I did that and I ended up with an eighth grader XD B)

When you talk she will know more about you and tell her to talk about herself to you and she might end up liking you......

Don't worry what other people think if she is a year older than you! :D

If it is a small age difference, I say it doesnt matter. I am older then my "boyfriend"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back