EYELINER EMERGENCY!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Lover

Reaction score
Okay so I it's not really a big emergency.

But I have a question about eyeliner.

I use Avon eyeliner and my friend, Brittany, used it once. That eyeliner comes off pretty fast for me, but it stays on ALL DAY for her. And since she's also at AEP, I know she doesn't put any on because you're not allowed to bring ANYTHING but your ID, a lunch, $5 or under, and a bus pass. No make-up. They search you everyday when you come to school.

ANYWAYS. I'm just wondering why it stays on for her and not me. She uses ANY kind of eyeliner. Even eyeliner from 99 cent only store! And it all stays on her, but not me. Is it my skin or something? or do I not put enough on? Like, layering it.

If you have oily skin, even just oily eyelids, your pencil eyeliner will come off quickly. You can do a few things to extend the life of your liner. Try applying a light dusting of face powder, or long lasting eyeliner, on your lids before applying your eyeliner. It will help to absorb oil. A big recommendation of mine is to try a different type of eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner lasts forever. Seriously, it never comes off unless you wash it off. It's not difficult to apply, either. I live in it. :) Or, try gel eyeliner that comes in a pot. It is long lasting as well. Loreal HIP has some fabulous choices. They are somewhat pricey at $9 a pot, but they are worth it.

If you have oily skin, even just oily eyelids, your pencil eyeliner will come off quickly. You can do a few things to extend the life of your liner. Try applying a light dusting of face powder, or long lasting eyeliner, on your lids before applying your eyeliner. It will help to absorb oil. A big recommendation of mine is to try a different type of eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner lasts forever. Seriously, it never comes off unless you wash it off. It's not difficult to apply, either. I live in it. :) Or, try gel eyeliner that comes in a pot. It is long lasting as well. Loreal HIP has some fabulous choices. They are somewhat pricey at $9 a pot, but they are worth it.
I asked my friends about it today. Both Colleen and Britt use it and they say it comes off VERY fast. But I asked my stepmom to order me some avon eyeliner since thats her job and stuff.

I'll try it out and see if that helps. =)

^^Cool. I'm extremely impressed with Kat Von D liquid eyeliner, sold at Sephora(probably online too). She has the best colors, and I frequently wear it for over 12 hours straight and it never even smudges! :)

^^Cool. I'm extremely impressed with Kat Von D liquid eyeliner, sold at Sephora(probably online too). She has the best colors, and I frequently wear it for over 12 hours straight and it never even smudges! :)
It doesn't smudge? Even if you rub your eye?

What usually works for me is putting a foundation or something like that on your eyelids or putting eyeshadow on first. It seems to stay on.

I love Kat Von D's products, mostly the eyeliner as well. Its absolutely amazing.

I don't wear eyeliner, so I don't really know! :rolleyes: I do have an eyeliner-related question, though. How do you apply it?!
I can't really explain it. It hurts at first but it doesn't hurt me anymore.

I can't really explain it. It hurts at first but it doesn't hurt me anymore.
It hurts??? I mean, I know some people say to draw it just over your eyelashes but I know some people do it under...Ow! *shudders*

Just use something to absorb moisture anything form of powder I would have thought. I may not even own eye liner but I would think that would stop it. Here's another thing though. Don't just layer loads of it on because you'll end up looking like a girl at my school who looks like she just stepped out of ancient Egytp she's wearing so much.

It hurts??? I mean, I know some people say to draw it just over your eyelashes but I know some people do it under...Ow! *shudders*
It doesn't hurt...

I use pencil eyeliner, and it tickles when it's sharp, but that's about it. If you want to start using it, I'd start with pencil. I only use it on my bottom lids, and I apply it to my eyelids.

I have this really bad habit of rubbing it off at night and sleeping with whatever remains. However, I would not suggest doing that. D:

I'm trying to break the habit.

As for getting it to stay on, I'm not quite sure. Mine usually gets smeared by the end of the school day, but it stays on, for sure. What I do, sometimes, I put it on a bit heavier (but not like crazy-heavy) and that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back