F-F-F fire drilz *.*

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fridgos

Reaction score
Ok, we have had LOTS of snow left over from Wednesday and we were all dreading a fire drill o_O We didn't want one (we didn't get one)

1. Most people smash on their desk, they stand rigid and hit it when they stand up.

2. Every fire drill is fake - not many people are bothered. Its just the noise.

3 In snow its cold yeah :p well who wants to see a freaking fire drill (fake)?

4. Not that this is interesting but fire drills are like Worst Case Scenarios(sp?) for me ><

Any Fire Drill Stories?

I was on holiday once on (about) the 7th Floor of a hotel in California and the fire alarm went off at about 2.30am.

Hotel Security were going down all the corridors banging on everyone's room door telling them to get up and out.

Grabbed jeans and t shirt in the dark (there was no power) and walked down corridor in the half light of emergency lighting... got to the stairs (cos you can't use a Lift/Elevator in a fire.... :p ) and walked down about 14 flights of stairs in the dark - well - there were flashing strobe lights in the stair well - not great to help you see what you are doing..

Got to ground floor and out of the hotel and the fire department arrived.

Real Fire Alam - not a drill.

Fuse short circuit - nothing serious - so after about 45 minutes we were all allowed back to our rooms.

What did I learn?

1. You can't get back to sleep after a fire drill - it is too exciting :angry:

2. Fire Drills are useful - even if it feels like they are a pain :wacko:

3. Fire Drills are better if the weather is mild (especially at night)

4. When you arrive at a new place like a hotel or apartment - always check where the nearest fire door is - especially in relation to your room. Take a moment to imagine how you might have to crawl along the corridor to get to it if you can't see because of smoke.

Enjoy your holiday much better :angry:

I have 3 stories:

Once, I was eating sushi at the mall and the fire alarm went off. Everyone in the mall was shocked and scared, including us. Then we found out it was a false alarm, and some crazy man just wanted to pull the alarm just to see what happens. >_>

When I was 16 I was walking and my foot accedently set of the carbon monoxide decetor.

When I was 18 or 19, I was on vacation and my mom was cooking it set of the fire alarm.

Camelle

One time at my school there actually was a small fire. It's true! Don't believe me, ask Kiko's_petpet!

I practice fire drills with Ella abnd Caitlin (My step-sisters)

And when my Dad cooks toast the fire alarm goes off so we all scream and crawl outside.

It's a lot of fun!

Also I had one at school and almost cried because I was really scared.

And when we went to Underwater world in grade 4 we stayed the night and we had a fire drill that we did know about and we had to go up these stairs with like 50 people and the walls were like a metre apart. It was extremely squishy.

I don't like fire drills because as you can probably tell from the second thing that I said they scare me.

befor christmas the grade 1 teacher was baking cookies for the kids and she burnt them there was smoke everywhere in the school i was inside helping a teacher with my younger friend we ran out side through the side door everybody was out side and i said out loud "miricals really do happen near christmas" lol everybody want the school to burn down to have a early christmas break 3 fire trucks came and cheaked if everything was ok then they let us back in

darn i wanted our school to be closed

I have a couple stories.

I was on vacation with my parents this summer and my mom was making something--some kind of soup, I think. It set the fire alarm in our condo off. Nobody came luckily, and eventually we turned it off.

Another time I was in 3rd period class upstairs when the drill went off. The stairs were so crowded. XP We were standing out there for thirty minutes--luckily it was a nice day--and we saw some fire trucks go by. It was an odd conincedence, but luckily it just happened that there was a fire elsewhere and not at school. An ambulance did come, though, because a teacher tripped, fell, and broke a bone. It sure was strange.

~Mimitchilover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back